• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Everton set to play in Australia

bulldogmariner

Everton will play a pre-season friendly against Perth Glory if the Premier League side can organise a second match in Australia, the A-League club have announced.

Glory owner Tony Sage said the club was in the advance stages of confirming a match with the Toffees, who could include Australia international Tim Cahill in their line-up for what would be a friendly encounter ahead of the Premier League season starting in August.

However Everton want to play two practice matches in Australia, leaving Glory relying on another game to be organised.

"We're hopeful it will (happen)," Sage said. "We met every term Everton put to us, so we've signed on to the deal, subject to them getting another game.

"We had a couple of emails today and again, the sticking point seems to be the teams on the eastern side of Australia.

"It's not financially viable for Everton to come just to Perth. They made that clear to everyone, so we're just waiting on that fixture to be set up."

bulldogmariner

Bearinator said:
or hey, at bluetongue would be nice also, just throwing it out there
It would be but you would think a team like Everton would command a crowd more than 20 059. If Cahill plays a huge crowd would turn up for the pre-season friendly and lots of money made by all parties and will encourage more european teams to head this way following Juventus last season.

bulldogmariner

You would get at least 60 000 ppl at Homebush. Didnt LA GALAXY ( sorry Beckham) get 83000 against Sydney FC. Melbourne had a big crowd against Juventus.
Bear you know it makes so much more sense. $$$ wise more than anything.

Bear

Oh I know it makes sense dollar wise, but its Mariners vs Everton, no Sydney FC, no Beckham, I cant see 80,000 showing to watch this game

Sean

me either. you might get a packed SFS? but would much prefer BT if we were lucky enough to play em.

loyalist

scottmac said:
Which Strip to wear???? Will have to buy two new ones and cut em in half.
everton do have a white away shirt
and we could wear the all yellow away of ours if for commerical reasons they needed to wear their home

Arabmariner

You won't get anywhere near 60,000 to watch Everton in a friendly at Homebush imo.

More than half that crowd to see the L.A. Galaxy were women perving on Beckham.The football was just a side show.

I think we'd go close to 20,000 at Bluetongue though.

Where are they going to play in Perth?

Azza-Mataz

Arabmariner said:
You won't get anywhere near 60,000 to watch Everton in a friendly at Homebush imo.

More than half that crowd to see the L.A. Galaxy were women perving on Beckham.The football was just a side show.

The W.A.C.A ??

dru

Azza-Matazz said:
Arabmariner said:

The W.A.C.A ??

Would think subiaco as they used to play there finals there if they go for a larger venue although I think ME stadium is more likely tbh

TerrigalUtd

Everton v Perth? I can see it already.....
Full Time Everton 14 - Perth 0

Tim Cahill to score 8 goals if he plays or Everton might just put out a third string team
and win about 5-0 anyway

scottmac

Suspended
Azza-Matazz said:
scottmac said:

I will help with the cutting of the everton shirts, Scottmac...and the burning!

Still smarting from the FA cup i see.

Or is it the failure of a side rated as one of the "top four" to beat a shoestring budget team at home? And no i am not just talking about the mighty toffees!

I feel for you i really do........... i mean how do you do it?  You know, support a team that continually fails to live up to its billing?  :piralaugh:  ;)

Paolo

scottmac said:
Azza-Matazz said:
scottmac said:

you are wrong on all counts. I believe he is still struggling with being knocked out of the cup everyone wants to win...the league cup

LFCMariners

scottmac said:
Azza-Matazz said:
scottmac said:

Or is it the failure of a side rated as one of the "top four" to beat a shoestring budget team at home? And no i am not just talking about the mighty toffees!

I feel for you i really do........... i mean how do you do it?  You know, support a team that continually fails to live up to its billing?  :piralaugh:  ;)

Hahaha. 18 and 5 thankyou very much. 2 FA Cups this decade and a Champions League. Unlike Everton, the Reds are still well in contention for the 08/09 title. Don't be silly enough to think ManUre will go the rest of the season without conceding a goal or losing a match...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred