• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Errors in Ads

midfielder

Was watching the Snickers commercial today the one where the football player goes down holding his leg and MR T in his tanks comes crushing over the fence ............

Well the players in the game have no shin pads on. I guess the ad made by a non football player.

Any one else in got any erros in ads to help pass the off season

marinermick

midfielder said:
Was watching the Snickers commercial today the one where the football player goes down holding his leg and MR T in his tanks comes crushing over the fence ............

Well the players in the game have no shin pads on. I guess the ad made by a non football player.

error in the same ad:

2. Tanks are reserved for military personnel and Mr T wouldn't be able to get his hands on one
3. It is doubtful Mr T would know how to operate a tank
4. The player diving, as would all the other players, would see the tank coming from way off, and thinking it may be some crazed gunman, be running for cover in any direction

Jimmy

midfielder said:

Eggy, erin and I were extras in a short film.

My job was to organise the players and the actions to suit what the directer wanted, as he wasnt a football player and didnt really have a clue what happens in real life, i had to continuesly change and make a few werid setups and drills.
A few of the other player extras struggled to kick a ball. ;D
And it always seemed that we'd get the drill correct in practice until we were actually filming :p :D

Was a great experience, but just cause someone wears a football kit, doesnt mean they have a clue what theyre doing, look at the movie "goal". ;D

Jimmy

marinermick said:
midfielder said:

2. Tanks are reserved for military personnel and Mr T wouldn't be able to get his hands on one

There's a guy in sydney that owns a couple of tanks.
You can road register them.
Remember the disgruntled telstra worker that stole a tank from the guy mentioned above, and went to a heap of telstra towers and started knocking them down.

marinermick

Jimmydinho said:
midfielder said:

but just cause someone wears a football kit, doesnt mean they have a clue what theyre doing, look at the movie "goal". ;D

keira knightly was pretty convincing

midfielder

marinermick said:
midfielder said:

error in the same ad:

3. It is doubtful Mr T would know how to operate a tank
4. The player diving, as would all the other players, would see the tank coming from way off, and thinking it may be some crazed gunman, be running for cover in any direction

Not to sure that  someone would sell him a tank .......... as to if he could drive ..... thats another question

Part_Timer

arent tanks just like a skid steer loader (ie: bobcat, posi track) so it would just be two handles to drive it..??

MrCelery

aussiecross said:
arent tanks just like a skid steer loader (ie: bobcat, posi track) so it would just be two handles to drive it..??

I 'drove' a tank once, along with a few friends. It had a few more levers than two, but the principle looked the same.

The tank was an old WWII Churchill on the beach on the East coast of England near Grimsby (home of the mighty Mariners).

It was a lot of fun until we realised we were on a bombing range for a nearby RAF squadron (I hate Squadrons). We all had to scarper fast when the siren sounded and the red flag was raised.

We got back to our camping ground just ahead of a jeep full of serious uniformed types.

Like our local version, the squadron couldn't shoot for shit, and the tank was still there the following year.

marinermick

MrCelery said:
aussiecross said:

I 'drove' a tank once, along with a few friends. It had a few more levers than two, but the principle looked the same.

The tank was an old WWII Churchill on the beach on the East coast of England near Grimsby (home of the mighty Mariners).

It was a lot of fun until we realised we were on a bombing range for a nearby RAF squadron (I hate Squadrons). We all had to scarper fast when the siren sounded and the red flag was raised.

We got back to our camping ground just ahead of a jeep full of serious uniformed types.

Like our local version, the squadron couldn't shoot for shit, and the tank was still there the following year.

sounds like a Dad's Army episode

FFC Mariner

The other issue with the snickers ad is that the mailbox he cleans up (as he drives to the park) is actually a UK one.

Yet another ad "globalised"

hasbeen

A few year's ago at a CCF Delegate's meeting, the then CCF General Manager, a certain Mr. Keech, handed out some of the glossiest / sharpest flyers ever seen (Telstra I think) promoting their involvement in Soccer. Opened up the centre spread and saw the words "Kick a goal". Filed straight in the bin. 

fedelta

Back to the ads.. The ads that really give me the shits are the ones that are dubbed..like there is a voice over but the person is made to look like they are talking..
e.g: that stupid colgate one with the indian looking 'dentist'.
many stupid pine-o-clean ones do it as well
:headbutt:
and thats my beef for the day.

~Floss~

taylor said:
Back to the ads.. The ads that really give me the shits are the ones that are dubbed..like there is a voice over but the person is made to look like they are talking..

I believe that started because of a broadcasting regulation, specifying a minimum percentage of Australian talent featured in all ads. Companies that used to use the same ad all round the world would just get the voices dubbed by Aussies. It counts as Aussie actors and is stilll much cheaper than re-shooting the whole thing.
... so I heard.

It makes sense, as I don't seem to remember it at all before about the mid-late 90's. I think around this time laws were also passed specifying minimum proportions of locally produced TV programs and songs on radio playlists. Possibly a similar thing for movies as well.

Atomic

taylor said:

Does anyone remember that Mastercard commercial where a Dad takes his kid to the cricket? The cost of a bucket of "popcorn" $2.50... WHO THE F*CK BUYS POPCORN AT THE CRICKET?!!! It was obviously a US baseball add that was very dodgedly dubbed to make it relevant to Aussies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred