EPL Stuff not worth a whole thread

Discussion in 'Overseas Football' started by RECKY, Oct 26, 2019.

1. RECKY

RECKY I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit

may as well start the thread with an absolute arse kicking

2. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

8-0 down and you concede a 94th minute penalty.

3. MagpieMariner

MagpieMariner Well-Known Member

Shit, they're worse than us.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. RECKY

RECKY I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit

The phrase”stopped giving a f**k” springs to mind

5. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Man Utd just lost to Bournemouth. What is going on?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MagpieMariner

MagpieMariner Well-Known Member

Wolves a late one against Gunners.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Capn Gus Bloodbeard Well-Known Member

- something I drew up
    Firmino was onside.
    Also, notice how the red line touches the right hand side of the red horizontal, but the blue touches the left side of the blue one? That means that the vertical lines show them to be level at worst (and level = onside) - but once you consider that the vertical lines slope back, that means they're showing Firmino to be clearly onside.
    I don't care about that decision, but a flawed process is concerning.

8. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

glad to see Son's RC was overturned - farcical decision. The referee knew it wasn't a red - he had the yellow out - and only changed it because of the injury. Every referee knows better than that - heck, most leg breaks I've seen have been from fair challenges, and because they have as little idea about when/how VAR should intervene as we do I'm not surprised the VAR said 'f**k this, I don't want to have anything to do with it', but overturning the card is a clear indictment on both the ref and the VAR.
    The tackle wasn't that bad and the unfortunate outcome doesn't change that.

9. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

According to the BBC VAR overturned the yellow and instructed the ref to give a red.
    In EPL they won't let refs view the TV screen and their VAR dabacles are even worse than ours

10. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

VAR is a f**kwit then. That wasn't even close to a red card.
    I'm genuinely surprised how bad the VAR implementation is over there - and the practice of not allowing the ref to view incidents is absurd and against the intent of the laws.
    The laws specifically state that VAR is not to recommend a particular decision unless asked and only conveys information. So clearly the intention is for the ref to review things like this - although the laws DO permit the stupid approach the EPL uses.