• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Dimitar Berbatov to Manchester United - done deal

S

soccersensei

Well well... Berbatov... 
Better with him than against him I guess. He's always looked dangerous when he was on the pitch to me...though he has always grated on me also...
Mmmmm... Then again most opposition strikers tend to grate on me I find... most peculiar :tophat:

Still, stick a red jersey on and its just incredible how anyone can be transformed into an all round good guy just by the sheer majesty of playing for Man U  ;) As christopher lambert used to say...
It's a special kind of magic ;D ;D ;D

tikky

soccersensei said:
Well well... Berbatov... 
Better with him than against him I guess. He's always looked dangerous when he was on the pitch to me...though he has always grated on me also...
Mmmmm... Then again most opposition strikers tend to grate on me I find... most peculiar :tophat:

Still, stick a red jersey on and its just incredible how anyone can be transformed into an all round good guy just by the sheer majesty of playing for Man U  ;) As christopher lambert used to say...
It's a special kind of magic ;D ;D ;D
sick buy for ManUtd
heck even without Ronaldo they could still manage to win Euro again (privded Ronaldo does the Beckham thing and not win anything with Madrid, which is 99% chance of happening)
And if Ronaldo doesnt move, crazy things!

S

soccersensei

Oh and yes...as good Mr Serious states... Tevez is an absolute force. Makes me think of the Tassie Devil...but when the dust cloud settles...you find the balls in the back of the net, or even worse... teeth and hair flying...he's coming after you again!!!
:vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy:

serious14

Aden said:
serious14 said:
Sym said:
I really don't see what is so apparently good about adebayor

Since he cut his hair, nothing.  ;)

he ws never good and that scoming from a die hard gooner. ..  get him out just like we did Hleb

Mmmmm hmmmmm...... because so many others were popping up with vital goals for you.  ;)

tuftman

serious14 said:
Aden said:
serious14 said:
Sym said:
I really don't see what is so apparently good about adebayor

As I was aware scoring goals meant not_choking_in the CL

Since he cut his hair, nothing.  ;)

he ws never good and that scoming from a die hard gooner. ..  get him out just like we did Hleb

Mmmmm hmmmmm...... because so many others were popping up with vital goals for you.  ;)

Scoring vital goals mean not_choking_in the CL.

serious14

TUFTY-mitchell said:

Pft, that's an Arsenal speciality...... I thought that was the only reason they let them in year after year??  So we had someone to lawl at at quarter final time??  ;)

Aden

serious14 said:
TUFTY-mitchell said:

Pft, that's an Arsenal speciality...... I thought that was the only reason they let them in year after year??   So we had someone to lawl at at quarter final time??   ;)

No more like an arsenal specialty since arsene wengers child fetish  came into it ..

Aden

we need more experience . we are just full of minors who dont have a f*****  clue besides the odd one or two

tuftman

Yeah thats why Wenger wants  Gareth Barry, give a bit of backbone to the squad, something you have sorely missed since losing Henry and especially Vieira. Maybe Wenger should look at keeping the squad he has now and instead of bringing in 16 year olds bring in older players from now on to compliment the enthusiasm with experience in the CL

Aden

ye i donno we never use to be lie this when we had tony adams  , seaman , dixon etc so i donno wat made wenger  go with young kids and in essence its the right idea to build for the future . but then if you are always building for the future when does tht future ever stop .. if that makes sense. . if ur always building  when does it stop and you actually win titles. 

tuftman

Aden said:
ye i donno we never use to be lie this when we had tony adams  , seaman , dixon etc so i donno wat made wenger  go with young kids and in essence its the right idea to build for the future . but then if you are always building for the future when does tht future ever stop .. if that makes sense. . if ur always building  when does it stop and you actually win titles. 

But the problem they have is that these young kids will attract clubs with money. i.e Milan Barca Madrid etc........Wenger claims to have to sell these players to pay the Emirates and then he is back at square one......I think in  Adams Seaman etc you had club loyalty. These young kids are becoming more like mercenaries then ever before

Aden

TUFTY-mitchell said:
Aden said:

But the problem they have is that these young kids will attract clubs with money. i.e Milan Barca Madrid etc........Wenger claims to have to sell these players to pay the Emirates and then he is back at square one......I think in  Adams Seaman etc you had club loyalty. These young kids are becoming more like mercenaries then ever before

very true there are very few that re loyal today in our team only one off the top of my head i can think of is Kolo Toure

graaant

And the fact that Wenger HAS to sell all his best players every year, just to pay for Emirates Stadium.
Not his fault, and he's publicly stated how much he hates it.

tuftman

graaant said:
And the fact that Wenger HAS to sell all his best players every year, just to pay for Emirates Stadium.
Not his fault, and he's publicly stated how much he hates it.

Yeah he is in a situation that really no one could envy (aside from the paycheck and sideline seating) having to sell his best.... next season it could be Rosicky van Persie and Gallas. Then what?

mariners4ever

Aden said:

were those players even there when wenger first arrived at highbury ???

tuftman

mariners4ever said:
Aden said:

were those players even there when wenger first arrived at highbury ???

Tony Adams was a one club man, Seaman was there for about 12 years, Dixon the same. They where all there in 1996 when Wenger showed at Highbury

Aden

yep. im hopeing we can have more one club players int he future it was good to see but .. the power of money these days is too tempting to keep someone at one club

Paolo

Still hasn't been confirmed by either club....talk is that tottenham are being stubbon and want to 30mil, whilst man u won't up their offer.

This thread will be funny to look back on shall the deal fall through

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred