• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"Diego Maradona" - need I say more?

From the dug out

Club Honours:
1981 Argentine league (Boca Juniors)
1983 Copa del Rey (FC Barcelona)
1987 Serie A champions (SSC Napoli)
1987 Italian Cup (SSC Napoli)
1988 Italian top-scorer (SSC Napoli)
1989 UEFA Cup (SSC Napoli)
1990 Serie A champions (SSC Napoli)
1991 Italian Super Cup (SSC Napoli)

International Honours:
1979 FIFA World Youth Championship: Winner
1982 FIFA World Cup: Second round (11th place)
1986 FIFA World Cup: Winner
1990 FIFA World Cup: Runner-up
1993 Artemio Franchi Trophy: Winner
1994 FIFA World Cup: Second round (10th place)

Personal Honours - during his career:
19791981, 1986 Argentine Football Writers' Footballer of the Year
1979, 1986, 1989, 1990, 1992 South American Footballer of the Year (El Mundo, Caracas)
1986 Argentine Sports Writers' Sportsman of the Year
1986 Golden Ball for Best Player of the FIFA World Cup
19861987 Best Footballer in the World (Once)
1986 World Player of the Year (World Soccer Magazine)

Personal Honours - after his retirement:
1996 Golden Ball for services to football (France Football)
1999 Argentine Sports Writers' Sportsman of the Century
2000 "FIFA best football player of the century", people's choice.
2002 "FIFA Goal of the Century" (1986 (21) v. England; second goal)
2005 Argentine Senate "Domingo Faustino Sarmiento" recognition for lifetime achievement.

Auburn Mariner

Geez, you are excluding:

Alfredo Di Stefano
Garrincha (who MANY South Americans reckon was better than Pele)
Johan Cruyff
Der Kaiser
Ferenc Puskas

Look, I am fortunate enough to have seen Maradona throughout my life, as we are of similar age. They showed highlights of him training with the squad at the 1978 World Cup, when he was a teenager.

He was brilliant, magnificent, superb, and eventually, a cheat on the field (I was WATCHING the game at the Azteca) and a cheat off the field (the photos of him scoring at the Meadowlands in East Rutherford are like watching a white, steroid-addled Ben Johnson).

Overall, a billion-dollar talent with a ten cent head. He is on my top 5, but as for the best of all time, I must disagree.

bjw

bjw
Auburn Mariner said:
Overall, a billion-dollar talent with a ten cent head. He is on my top 5, but as for the best of all time, I must disagree.

whos 'Auburns best of all time'?

Auburn Mariner

Football: Pele, JUST, over Alfredo Di Stefano

Cricket: D G Bradman, Sobers, RG Pollock, SK Warne, Wasim Akram in that order. A team based around these blokes, with Gilchrist at 7, could not lose, even on a doctored Lankan minefield.

AFL: Gary Ablett Snr

Rugby Union: Mark Ella

Rugby League: The King

NFL: Barry Sanders

NBA: Air Jordan

Tennis: Roger Federer

Golf: Tiger, JUST, over Jack

Cycling: Can't split Armstrong & Merckx

Paolo

Auburn Mariner said:
Cricket: G Bradman, Sobers, RG Pollock, SK Warne, Wasim Akram in that order. A team based around these blokes, with Gilchrist at 7, could not lose, even on a doctored Lankan minefield.
i disagree, i have started playing Indoor Cricket at Paddys and i believe we have shown enough form to knock off these so called 'stars'

kanewillow

cricket bradman hands down dont even have to put any other names there

rugby league i couldnt split andrew johns and the king

rosko

Armstrong doesn't come close to Eddy! Eddy raced to win everything, not just the Tour. Armstrong focused only on the Tour when he came back from 'the Big C'...

Paolo

kanewillow said:
kareem>>>>>hutcho>>>>>>the rest nuff said thread closed good bye
Incorrect, it has been proven through futsal results that i am indeed better then kareem.

Me >>> Kareem >>>> hutcho

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred