• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

david carney

mariners4ever

WTF[size=18pt][/size]

Interest in Carney soars - EXCLUSIVE - David Lewis in London   

The Bundesliga leader - and 20-time champion - is in the midst of tweaking its star-laden squad after a wretched run of results, which has left it clinging on to top spot going into the winter break.

And Carney, 23, jumped out of the pack after an influential performance - and a spellbinding long-range goal - for his country in the 1-0 win over Nigeria last month.

Bayern had scouts in west London that night and there is a very real prospect he could join the four-time European champion in January.

If he does, he'll be among a stellar cast including Italian World Cup winner Luca Toni, French ace Franck Ribery, Dutch international Mark van Bommel, German giant Oliver Khan and Brazilian Ze Roberto - to name but a few.

A stunned Carney - signed by Bryan Robson's Blades for a cut-price $120,000 from Sydney FC after the Asian Cup - said: ''It's true there's been some interest and if it turns into something more then I guess it would be difficult to ignore.''

''I'm very happy in Yorkshire. I've started the last eight games and I'm feeling better every time I play.''

His latest appearance was against Yorkshire rivals Barnsley on Sunday - a match the Blades won 1-0 with Carney substituted in the 67th minute.

''We aim to make the play-offs and get to the Premiership and I don't want to make this (interest in me) a distraction,'' he added.

''I'm letting my agent deal with it and I'm just concentrating on what I do on the pitch.''

''None of this talk will go to my head, if I allowed it to my career would only go backwards.''

The clamour over Carney, one of the defining forces in Sydney's first two A-League seasons, isn't just restricted to Germany where VFL Bochum and Kaiserslautern have also tabled their interest to Blades chairman Kevin McCabe.

Belgian champion Anderlecht 29-time title winner - went one better and bid $5.5million for the red-head with the educated left foot.

The bid was turned down by the Blades, with Carney only willing to move on if it's an offer too good to refuse.

He also has a message to new Socceroos boss Pim Verbeek: Please pick me for Australia's World Cup qualification duel against Qatar in Melbourne on February 6.

Logistical hurdles have Verbeek leaning towards opting for a squad composed largely of A-League players.

But Carney is desperate to play, even if he only arrives in Melbourne less than 48 hours before kick off.

''This is the World Cup we're talking about,'' he declared.

''It's the sort of stuff you tell your grandkids about and I want to play in every game I can, no matter what it takes.''

''Of course there might be problems with my club and I'll maybe have to talk with Robbo (Blades boss Bryan Robson) but I want to be there and I'm telling the new coach I really want to be a part of it.''

''I hope he gives me a chance.''

only a couple of months playing for sheffield in the championship, he must be either playing really good or bayern are really desperate!!!

midfielder

Can you believe Flying Circus sold him for $ 120, 000, and Blades have had 5.5 million offer.

I hope for FC sake they have sell on % in orginal terns of sale, as offer on Carney would help solve many of their financial woes.

I think a new chant for the cove could be same tune as Your not going to mkae it .............

"We want Mariners Management
Yes we want Mariners Management
We don't want Sydney's management anymore.

P

Pete

I find it ironic for someone like Carney pleading to be considered.

If he had stayed in Australia, there was a better chance he'd be in the Socceroos squad for the Qatar match.

Verbeek has said the qualifier would more than likely have a lot of HAL players, time and distance being one of the logistical problems for European players.

Carney should have had the brains to realise that if he went to Europe he'd always be competing for the same spot that one H. Kewell would occupy if fit, and therefore, was not a certainty of any selection. But staying back at home, he would have been available for selection on games that clashed with the European schedules.

He can't have his cake and eat it too.

Verbeek does not someone to rock up with only 48 hours before they play and say they are ready, because they won't be acclimatised to the conditions.

FFC Mariner

Hands up all those poeple with enough faith to believe SFC's management were smart enough to include a sell on clause??

Anyone...............

C'mon, there must be one??

Holzy

Greenpoleffc said:
Hands up all those poeple with enough faith to believe SFC's management were smart enough to include a sell on clause??

Anyone...............

C'mon, there must be one??

even as a sydney fan i doubt it

style_cafe

I got $5,000- for Carney when he went to Everton........ :thumbup:
lmao may I should have had the % clause too

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads