• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Danny vs Joel ( click to see more! )

Which incident is more violent and DESERVES a longer ban.

• Danny Vukovic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joel Griffiths

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thomas477

This is a silly thread as much already know wat the poll is gonna say, Joel griffths should have been suspended not danny

kevrenor

thomas477 said:
This is a silly thread as much already know wat the poll is gonna say, Joel griffths should have been suspended not danny
Then don't vote! 

It says: "Which incident is more violent and DESERVES a longer ban"

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Griffiths - purely for the region of the body that he attacked.
Unfortunately I can't find a clip of the Middleby poke online, which IMO is more serious than Danny's, and possibly more serious than the griffiths one as well. 

A.J.V

.                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nXUumQK0T8

RADINHO

skilbeck said:
its a pointless poll though because it is fact that griffos incident is worse than Dannys

i agree we all know that Griffith's attack is more deserving but the f*****g FFA don't think so

skilbeck

RADINHO said:
skilbeck said:
its a pointless poll though because it is fact that griffos incident is worse than Dannys

i agree we all know that Griffith's attack is more deserving but the f*****g FFA don't think so

but the question you should be asking is:
are you a sane person who saw a great injustice was done?
OR
are you a biased scum supporter troll who idolises the little wanker and therefore can you not have an objective view about the incident?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I think this poll needs 3 options:

1)joel griffiths (don't capitalise his name, he isn't worthy of that level of respect)
2)Danny Vukovic, and I'm a Mariners supporter
3)Danny Vukovic, and I'm a Jets supporter

Because the only reason I can possibly think of for 2 people to vote 'Danny's as worse is if those people are Jets supporters and they're voting that way just because they can.

Ted

lmfao, a hi 5 is worse than a touch up? Yeah Joel lacks the balls and has to man handle someone elses for quick feel on what he is lacking....

Jimmy

Well, i wonder what the outcome of this poll is going to be, its a mariners (marinators) forum for crying out loud. It's a pointless poll.

sorjesk

RADINHO said:
skilbeck said:

sorry to be a pain but its not that the ffa don't think so, because the incident was "dealt with" on field with the yellow card the ffa had no power to suspend griffiths - those are the laws that fifa wrote and there is nothing that can be done about it. IMO griffiths was worse but hey - shit happens, danny will know more than anyone how stupid it was and now he will suffer the consequences.

~Floss~

sorjesk said:
RADINHO said:
skilbeck said:

sorry to be a pain but its not that the ffa don't think so, because the incident was "dealt with" on field with the yellow card the ffa had no power to suspend griffiths - those are the laws that fifa wrote and there is nothing that can be done about it. IMO griffiths was worse but hey - shit happens, danny will know more than anyone how stupid it was and now he will suffer the consequences.

All been said before, but while this conversation is still going on i'll try to contribute sensibly:

Surely punching a ref in the balls should be a red card offense. If the ref didn't give a red at the time, to me that says he missed or misinterpreted what happened, so it wasn't dealt with at the time.

...either that, or he is a ref not worthy of the national league if he genuinely judged it to be yellow-worthy. One of them should have been suspended.

:redcard:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Neither the ref nor the AR knew of the punch- Joel Griffiths was cautioned for verbal dissent, NOT dissent by action, despite what the FFA website says. 

~Floss~

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
Neither the ref nor the AR knew of the punch- Joel Griffiths was cautioned for verbal dissent, NOT dissent by action, despite what the FFA website says. 
IF that's the case, then it wasn't dealt with on or off the pitch.

Are the reasons for cards always kept secret or is there a way to find out? I think in cases of exceptional amounts of potentially defamatory debate, they should be able to prepare a statement for the media.

jaypee

sorjesk said:
RADINHO said:
skilbeck said:

In fact this is incorrect.

Last season in the EPL someone got absolutely pole axed and the perpetrator was given a yellow card.
He was later cited and suspended for 6 - 10 games. SO its not a FIFA rule it was the gutless FFA that stuffed it up...

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

~Floss~ said:
Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
IF that's the case, then it wasn't dealt with on or off the pitch.

Are the reasons for cards always kept secret or is there a way to find out? I think in cases of exceptional amounts of potentially defamatory debate, they should be able to prepare a statement for the media.

The reason (dissent, unsporting behaviour etc) is available....I think on the FFA website.
If you're after a more specific reason (cynical tackle, called the referee a joke, or whatever) then no, these aren't available.

I do agree that in some rare cases the FFA should release a statement - if the FFA had released a statement to the public explaining why griffiths wasn't sent off, and done it immediately, I think the football public would've been a lot more understanding.  Most of the time it's easy enough to figure out the reason for a card, even if you don't agree. 

jaypee - it is a FIFA rule that an organisation can't effectively change the colour of a card, however some organisations have ignored that in extreme cases, and FIFA turns a blind eye to it.  There may be some latitude to take additional action on a caution (including suspension), but not actually change it to a red, though I could be wrong.

Regardless, I believe that under the FFA's own rules could've fined him, or taken action against the entire team or club.

Tez

Fenno said:
     .                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nXUumQK0T8

this is a good video :)

Regardless, I believe that under the FFA's own rules could've fined him, or taken action against the entire team or club.

Totally agree - something more should have been done - but the FFA couldnt of been bothered with the effort.. i swear a buch of trained monkeys would do a better job that the FFA!  :headbutt:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred