• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Cows V Central Coast Mariners

Hello Sailor

We're red hot atm, I think most teams don't know where our weakness is. It'll be interested to see how MJ goes after SFC in a fortnight.
I think Sydney successfully pressed Niz and Ballard and made life difficult. One added bonus of moving Niz up front is that they can try the same against Balard and Tapp/Steele but now have to deal with Niz terrorising their defence. They will need to rethink. BTW those Niz goals must have bumped up his asking price if/when he moves on.

Tevor

Was a really complete performance from us. Bulls looked like they’d already mentally banked the 3 points expecting us to struggle with the turn around.
Not so sure, I think we just suffocated them and Mile will be scratching his head on how to beat us after that. It’s troubling when a team totally dominates you. I think they only had one shot in the first half and the game was pretty much over after 20 minutes. They threw everything they had at us but couldn’t get anything out of it.

priorpeter

Just finished watching the replay and thoroughly enjoyed it. Can’t say all the cow fans grazing on the hill and chewing their cud enjoyed the game. Also I was not disappointed seeing the banded headed boob making a fool of himself as usual. What about that inane Paramount commentator trying to breathe life into doomed cattle destined for the abbatoir. Another Einstein comment from an idiot commentator, he’s a great goalie, really hey he’s let 3 through.
Wind it back champ. Ben Homer is one of the better callers in the game.
Yes, you can still be a good ‘keeper and concede goals. Macarthur’s league position would be much worse if it weren’t for Kurto. Doesn’t take Einstein to work that out.

Ironbark

Sydney came out flying and we were in the middle of a brutal travel stint. The next Sydney game could be an absolute cracker of a match with both teams fresh.

We did for sure but there were some post game comments around it.
It was a tight game against Macarthur a few weeks ago. Jackio learned what they are about in person, adjusted tactically, owned them.

The only 2 other teams we've have real trouble with were Syd and Welly. Knowing how they both play now I expect Jacko to improve us against both as well

FFC Mariner

Wind it back champ. Ben Homer is one of the better callers in the game.
Yes, you can still be a good ‘keeper and concede goals. Macarthur’s league position would be much worse if it weren’t for Kurto. Doesn’t take Einstein to work that out.
No Kurto and we score 8.
Some clown was giving it to him at the ground and was shut down by a delightful lady who made the same point.
A horrible away trip to the worst ground in the AL. Security are a nightmare and are as petty and over the top with their own fans.
Reminds me of the scumdome back in the day before they did it up.

true believer

With five games to go, we need one more point to mathematically guarantee finals.

Having said that... we're definitely going to win the league and also be champions.

Could we finally get a home final?
Its not big enough . We own cumberland oval (commbank) with hangers on will need it

FFC Mariner

you mean that nitwit rattling its cowbell near a live mic ?
To be fair they had an active group of about 10/15 in the corner (council have shut down where they broke the fence)
They were closed down by security after about 20 mins as they were in the family area and told to sit down
It was evident to me that the club only want the family market and do all they can to shut down any active support.
They want school carnival crowds that go to Matildas and Socceroos games

Tevor

It was a tight game against Macarthur a few weeks ago. Jackio learned what they are about in person, adjusted tactically, owned them.

The only 2 other teams we've have real trouble with were Syd and Welly. Knowing how they both play now I expect Jacko to improve us against both as well
Spot on, I actually think most clubs are starting to work out the Nix. They are a plan A team and good at that plan however they started good from round 1 and it gives the comp the whole season to work you out. The other week Adelaide who are awful almost up set them at home so I wasn't surprised to see them go down to City. Not sure the Nix can hang on and win the premiership.

SFC will be very interesting. They are having some joy with this new high press however it is far from consistent and yesterday and before the red apparently the Roar were handling it well and playing through it quite easily. Seems to be if SFC get an early goal their press seems to build momentum however when they don't it becomes less effective. We handled the press from the Cows with ease yesterday and it created some very open areas at times.

Quirky

A bang tidy performance from the lads. There were times, even under Monty but definitely under Staj, when we have looked flattered to be in the top six. But right now we look as assured as any other team in the league. Make no mistake about it - the Central Coast Mariners are the best team in the league and I'm not even sure it's close.

Love that people are waking up to Nizzy being the best mid in the comp, but I also want to mention Maxy. Quietly going about his business and rarely making a mistake (apart from in front of goal) - his decision making when he receives the ball with his back to goal is impeccable. So many of our attacks come through him and he keeps the ball so well to allow us to push up and relieve any pressure in our half. Love the boy!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred