• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Josho Howe

Been offline for a while and smashed out around 8 of these poddies over the last week that i had lost track of. Wow its pretty interesting listening to these a couple of months down the track and then coming into the current ones with hindsight . Again great job guys and i love that even though Pete works for the club that he still can be critical when warranted and really love listening to Erin’s comments and miss having a quick chat on arrival at the game as i didn’t realise the loose cannon wasn’t being handed out and just thought i was missing out with them going to early. Great input by Luke and Josh and i thoroughly enjoyed all and some topics / observations in no order of listening that grabbed my attention over this listening.

Luke mentioned in a pod ( before the New Years Eve crowd) something along the lines of how much is it costing the club to host the Wleague as a standalone game at the Stadium when i think they had around 1000 in attendance. This is one of my biggest concerns with the Wleague team given the club is continually crying poor so to speak ( cue Richards email) despite all the transfers fees last year and i remember at the fan forum at the leagues club when Mike Mulvey was announced as coach that when we asked this question back then Sean advised the cost was minimal at around $200k per annum and i cant imagine it being anywhere near that sort of figure now. This observation isnt a critique of womens football as i enjoy watching it and following the Mariners W league team but from a club that has been running on the smell of an oily rag for so long with a slightly little more oil the last couple of years Im a little puzzled as to how we can afford this team again given Richards last 2 emails. Can the club advise as to how much this is costing the club financially and or what are the short term or long term financial benefits are . Is it easier to move the licence for Richard with an A and W league team, does it gives us a better chance at stadium rights / upgrades etc as a lot of fans i talk to would be interested to know ?

Segway that onto the crowds at the Stadium and although Erin mentioned that it costs so much to attend all games (Aleague wleague and afc)which is a part of the problem but i still see the Central Coast people as letting the team down . There are around 16000 registered players on the Coast and i really dont see why 25% (and most would go with a friend )of them don’t go. I use to have around 40 mates that use to go and now its down to around 4 and they all have excuses of its too hot, too cold, too wet, too early too late or don’t even know they are on. Going by my crew that use to go a lot in my view gets down to the scheduling and lack of routine in the schedule. Where you play every second week at home at least the fans could get into a pattern that every second week is at home but that rarely happens in the Aleague. There isn’t the central coast express newspaper anymore and no one is listening to the radio so if you don’t have internet access ( i do know a fair few people who don’t and my parents don’t even have mobile phones) how the hell do you know when they are playing. Also the rescheduling of the Newcastle game did affect people i knew who had booked other things due to it being an away game. The aleague needs to improve this but they never do so the club needs to do something here.

As Erin said STOP messing with the rules. What a stupid rule in regards to disregarding goals for and against for the points table and man there are some dumb asses running the game. And the Nil all suggestion no points is rubbish as well as some of the most entertaining games i have seen have been nil all where the posts have been hit on multiple occasions and the keepers have made brilliant saves and conversely i have seen some rubbish 4-3 games. There aren’t any games anymore like the 1982 world cup where two teams in the final game play for a nil all and as Erin said stop messing with the rules.

On Mark Jackson I love all his different plans ( shout out Paulo) and although going with 5 at the back at Brisbane worked far out it was nervy watching those last 20 minutes of just defending. The Wanderers game was also a great tactical game and moving Nizzy to a number 10 has been a master stroke ( please sign him now!)

Still Agree with Luke‘s views on Birraz but I’m a bit more lenient on Theo and think at least there is something for the opposition to worry about when he is coming on from the bench and worst case scenario he is the most explosive bench player we have. Not sure what is wrong with DWH but great to see Jing improving and Im shocked at his pace…

AND AGAIN SIGN NIZZY NOW PLEASE!!!!.

Great job guys with all pods being fantastic and some awesome guests joining the pods. Cheers Andy
Awesome post, thanks a lot mate. It's always nice to hear such positive things about the pod from people who listen. It's great to be a part of something that provides a service people look forward to and where our fans can feel more connected to the club as a whole.

Corsair

Q for the next pod...

Why doesn't the club sell tickets directly to fans instead of via Ticketek?

Even if this was only for walk ups on the day we'd still make money from it surely?

Maybe there is a league deal with Ticketek?

priorpeter

Q for the next pod...

Why doesn't the club sell tickets directly to fans instead of via Ticketek?

Even if this was only for walk ups on the day we'd still make money from it surely?

Maybe there is a league deal with Ticketek?
I _think_ - and I could be wrong here - that our hands are tied, as ticket agent selection comes down to the stadium. @Iain Shand would probably be able to shed some light here.
Managing ticket sales in house I could imagine would be a real headache, and something that we’re not resourced for - financially, or personnel-wise.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

I _think_ - and I could be wrong here - that our hands are tied, as ticket agent selection comes down to the stadium. @Iain Shand would probably be able to shed some light here.
Managing ticket sales in house I could imagine would be a real headache, and something that we’re not resourced for - financially, or personnel-wise.
I'm sure I read that the clubs can sell members passes direct but not single tickets.
2 for the price of 1 deal on extendable memberships isn't too hard to do with a stored value card.
Just need the IT and the investment
Maybe we need a major backer who deals in memberships as a living?
Go figure

Big Al

Good Pod as always. Sounded like there might have been some bums tightening on Jacko early listening to Shaun but they seem to be relaxing.

AFC cup game sounds huge but also big assumption from Shaun and pretty much everyone that Macuther will win.

Would be great ti get that $60USD for a trip down the flashing tunnel and then prize money

Rising Sun

Can we get someone on from the club to talk about the plans and strategies for the NPL? Turning out a team of U20s and punting a top notch coach close to the start of the season seems like a recipe for relegation? Who have we brought in (playing and coaching) that makes them think that is not the case? Is there a plan b if we start with a few losses?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred