• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

sydmariner

Do Plan A better... What a moron and Is he the worst manger we have ever had or is it Walmsley? Will never forget Walmsley’s world wide search for a manager that resulted in him appointing himself.. Did he even board a plane in his search or did he go to the reject shop and buy won of those crapy little remote control helicopters that tried to take off and died at his doorstop and therefore he was the answer.

Pretty hard question that one as if my memory serves me right Okon was responsible for signing Hoole and Kennedy who are arguably 2 of our worst signings ever and don't even start on Asdrubal??? I suppose you could add Mulvey to that list but he actually won an Aleague title but was with a great team that probably won it in spite of him but with us was mediocre at best.

Personally Okon was the worst in my opinion with his death by 1000 passes football which was way beyond the players actual abilities and resulted in simple presses by the the opposition that even an under 6‘s coach could coach against and then we would lose the ball in our 3rd and concede game after game. Probably the most frustrating football I have ever watched and loved the pod cast finishing with the pisstake Horses song when we were finally rid of him.
Mulvey was also the coach who thought that Usuain Bolt was a footballer.

Corsair

Pretty hard question that one as if my memory serves me right Okon was responsible for signing Hoole and Kennedy who are arguably 2 of our worst signings ever and don't even start on Asdrubal???
Yes that is arguable. Hoole did his absolute best to sabotage his career himself. He was actually a pretty decent footballer, especially from set pieces. We all love to take the piss out of him for various reasons but he's still got a showreel to be proud of for his grandkids. Assdribble was straight out dogshit. Kennedy was well meaning but rubbish.

FFC Mariner

Do Plan A better... What a moron and Is he the worst manger we have ever had or is it Walmsley? Will never forget Walmsley’s world wide search for a manager that resulted in him appointing himself.. Did he even board a plane in his search or did he go to the reject shop and buy won of those crapy little remote control helicopters that tried to take off and died at his doorstop and therefore he was the answer.

Pretty hard question that one as if my memory serves me right Okon was responsible for signing Hoole and Kennedy who are arguably 2 of our worst signings ever and don't even start on Asdrubal??? I suppose you could add Mulvey to that list but he actually won an Aleague title but was with a great team that probably won it in spite of him but with us was mediocre at best.

Personally Okon was the worst in my opinion with his death by 1000 passes football which was way beyond the players actual abilities and resulted in simple presses by the the opposition that even an under 6‘s coach could coach against and then we would lose the ball in our 3rd and concede game after game. Probably the most frustrating football I have ever watched and loved the pod cast finishing with the pisstake Horses song when we were finally rid of him.
And his proteges have brought us MacArthur

pjennings

Yes that is arguable. Hoole did his absolute best to sabotage his career himself. He was actually a pretty decent footballer, especially from set pieces. We all love to take the piss out of him for various reasons but he's still got a showreel to be proud of for his grandkids. Assdribble was straight out dogshit. Kennedy was well meaning but rubbish.
Kennedy was a great shotstopper whose confidence was undermined by a series of coaches at the Jets including Culina snr and GVE. I would love to have seen him develop under someone supportive like JC. As it was he ended up losing confidence in games rather than brushing things off like Maty and Danny.

Last edited:

Ozhammer

As incompetent at Walmsley was, as out of his depth as Mossy was and as lazy as Mulvey was, I would have to agree that Okon was arguably the worst of the lot.

Firstly he was supposed to be a professional footballer who had played at a high level and a young, aspiring coach. That he employed such a dull, curriculum-based football style showed that he had no originality to his thinking at all and the fact that he employed that flog Jolic as his assistant while dumping Hutch really showed how utterly clueless he was. Add in him forcing Monty to retire, his utter lack of people management, allied to the poor culture he allowed to exist within the playing group means that he should never be allowed within a bull’s roar of another professional football team imo.

Been wanting to get that off my chest for a while and now seemed as good a time as any, so thanks for letting me vent people. ;)

pjennings

Ben Kennedy was absolutely honking.
He was by the time he got to us. As a youngster he was a standout and was signed by the Jets.

I've heard stories from before he was signed by the Jets (from someone connected with the Jets) of defenders not necessarily putting their bodies on the line and standing back just to watch some of his saves. I'm talking when he was 17-18.

After he went to the Jets he lost confidence because of the lack of support given him by Branko and GVE . I still believe if he had been under JC's wing he would have had a great career.

Last edited:

turbo

As incompetent at Walmsley was, as out of his depth as Mossy was and as lazy as Mulvey was, I would have to agree that Okon was arguably the worst of the lot.
Okon wasn’t far off making that style viable, his biggest problem was we couldn’t hit the side of a barn. Even when the rest of the game plan went well we just couldn’t score. Some better personnel choices or more money may have changed his fate. I reckon he’s most likely of that bunch to get another gig. Not with us though and I’m happy about that.

FFC Mariner

Firstly he was supposed to be a professional footballer who had played at a high level and a young, aspiring coach. That he employed such a dull, curriculum-based football style showed that he had no originality to his thinking at all and the fact that he employed that flog Jolic as his assistant while dumping Hutch really showed how utterly clueless he was. Add in him forcing Monty to retire, his utter lack of people management, allied to the poor culture he allowed to exist within the playing group means that he should never be allowed within a bull’s roar of another professional football team imo.

Been wanting to get that off my chest for a while and now seemed as good a time as any, so thanks for letting me vent people. ;)
Agree 100% - and no one else in football has touched him with a 10 foot pole since. Says everything.

Kennedy was fine until he got injured, lost his mobility which means he couldnt get down fast enough to make saves.

Tevor

Okon wasn’t far off making that style viable, his biggest problem was we couldn’t hit the side of a barn. Even when the rest of the game plan went well we just couldn’t score. Some better personnel choices or more money may have changed his fate. I reckon he’s most likely of that bunch to get another gig. Not with us though and I’m happy about that.
Agree, however it's not a premiership or championship winning style for the A League in my opinion as clearly shown by the Cows the last two seasons who have not performed well enough with very good squads and also I think Pappas has a bit too much of this style in his coaching as well. Scum needlessly pass it around way to much, I think they were better earlier in the season however started dominating possession later in the season as the style was forced onto them and we all know how that ended up. That and coupled with the worst back 4 of the comp and only just beating the Glory's back 4 for that honour.

Wombat

Kennedy was a great shotstopper whose confidence was undermined by a series of coaches at the Jets including Culina snr and GVE. I would love to have seen him develop under someone supportive like JC. As it was he ended up losing confidence in games rather than brushing things off like Maty and Danny.
Kennedy was f**king woeful.

Jimmy

He blamed a lack of money to recruit players for his failures.

turbo

Quite the opposite.

Mulvey tried using the S&C to tell Usain he wasn't fit enough as he was too gutless to tell him he wasn't good enough as a footballer.
So the S&C quit on the spot. There's a reason we looked so unfit that season.
That is pretty weak but had Bolt turned up fitter he might have worked as a sideshow. It’s unforgivable for someone with his profile and resources to rock up looking like they would struggle in an AA8 match.

He blamed a lack of money to recruit players for his failures.
Never a good look though had he been given even just a decent striker things could have been very different. That was an incredibly frustrating season and we lost a bunch of games where we had plenty of chances and were often the better team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami