• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

No walkout song?

As always, thanks for the pod - love the work. You guys put on a good show and your efforts are appreciated.

Listening to Phelan I think there is little chance we will see Hiariej here next season
I had to laugh when Phelan said Hiariej hadn't been performing....seriously? And what about Hoole?

I though Phelan gave a very poor interview. Really didn't want to provide a solid answer to anything - he'd make a good politician with his evasion and rambling. A lot of vagueness, not a lot actually useful, not much about him or anybody else taking responsibility.

In all honesty, he sounds like somebody who has no answers (and seems to have not had any when we hired him, given whatever nonsense he was rambling on about the preseason being too long or some crap), and doesn't seem to think anybody needs to be accountable for the season.

I'm not convinced we're getting anything at all from him as director - and I'm not convinced we ever have. There's O'Neill, but that's it. Time for him to go.

He couldn't even say what's being improved at the CoE. Just a lot of vague nonsense that didn't actually tell us anything.

Antlion

I heard a man who hasn't been involved with the club beyond being informed of the basics for a while.
It's clear he has been kept somewhat in the loop but that's about it. Certainly hasn't watched games or even known what's gone on with players really.
Let's hope his time here is useful.

Ancient Mariner

I think, if you listen closely when he said they do not train enough he was talking about the academy not the A-League team. I think he likes Monty but not Tommy.
Poms sticking together.
I suspect while he has been on the phone a lot he has not watched too many of our games this year.
FFS, a football manager or sporting director or whatever you want to call it should be a full time job, with someone who has a good knowledge of the game but who also his finger on the pulse of what is happening, especially locally.
I like Monty but as a coach/manager he is a beginner.

Cricko_086

Awesome pod as always fellas!

From the comments towards tommy I doubt he will be staying. Seems as though they like to reinforce the injury’s, therefore already trying to convince us when they let him go. Not a fan but that’s the only narrative around him at the moment.

Forum Phoenix

He was very vanilla on details. Hopefully that’s more I’m not telling as that is my value than no plan.

I think it would almost certainly be this.

Loved that questions were seeking some hard information but his response is wise. Highlights sone of the unique challenges we face and avoids giving detail of what they’re specifically doing. Much as I want to hear info, I’m glad he plays this close to his chest.

Pod team,
That was my favourite pod to date. Calm, clear, insightful, humorous. Was excellent. I love the longer form interview and the sweep through key Australian football issues and events.

On Mike, I was sure having him operating remote was an unworkable proposition because the only way that can work with someone who is already employed at MU, is having someone who is practically not sleeping. Was amazed to hear he’s genuinely that committed.

Phelans committment alongside positive back room developments combined with Mike intending to invest more in the squad as he did last season, pre season and fitness levels being addressed, and their awareness of failure in recruitment and how much better they need to be, are all basic and obvious issues, but for us, vitally important. So that’s very positive and things are not as dire as we’ve feared. Natural for some that it’s hard to trust. That will have to be won back with on field success. But there’s some genuine reason for hope again imo. Which as Mariners fan it’s nice to have a big dose of and I’m not keen on death riding the club I love.

Oh, and team, I support Man U. So looking forward to making it into the cup final :headbounce:

Forum Phoenix

I think, if you listen closely when he said they do not train enough he was talking about the academy not the A-League team. I think he likes Monty but not Tommy.
Poms sticking together.
I suspect while he has been on the phone a lot he has not watched too many of our games this year.
FFS, a football manager or sporting director or whatever you want to call it should be a full time job, with someone who has a good knowledge of the game but who also his finger on the pulse of what is happening, especially locally.
I like Monty but as a coach/manager he is a beginner.

I was sure he said in this country so it was a general seeming observation of our approach - and having such a huge break too etc

I was 100% with you on needing to be here. But some rare people can operate at this level in this way if they’re willing to sacrifice enough. It sounds like he actually is. Which is actually what it takes to be elite. And why I’m inclined to believe him.

Last edited:

Ancient Mariner

I think it would almost certainly be this.

Loved that questions were seeking some hard information but his response is wise. Highlights sone of the unique challenges we face and avoids giving detail of what they’re specifically doing. Much as I want to hear info, I’m glad he plays this close to his chest.

Pod team,
That was my favourite pod to date. Calm, clear, insightful, humorous. Was excellent. I love the longer form interview and the sweep through key Australian football issues and events.

On Mike, I was sure having him operating remote was an unworkable proposition because the only way that can work with someone who is already employed at MU, is having someone who is practically not sleeping. Was amazed to hear he’s genuinely that committed.

Phelans committment alongside positive back room developments combined with Mike intending to invest more in the squad as he did last season, pre season and fitness levels being addressed, and their awareness of failure in recruitment and how much better they need to be, are all basic and obvious issues, but for us, vitally important. So that’s very positive and things are not as dire as we’ve feared. Natural for some that it’s hard to trust. That will have to be won back with on field success. But there’s some genuine reason for hope again imo. Which as Mariners fan it’s nice to have a big dose of and I’m not keen on death riding the club I love.

Oh, and team, I support Man U. So looking forward to making it into the cup final :headbounce:

Great reading of the interview FP. Although no hard answers, it was clear the problems have been identified, which is a good first step in getting things fixed.
Having some information as to what is happening, also gives me hope which, like at the bottom of Pandora's box, is all we have had for 5 long years.

Forum Phoenix

Yeah it’s all we’ve had to live on. I think it’s fortified this time though. Because they’re not pedalling live within our means, entertainment football or we’re all about the youth. It’s we’ve got to spend more, get the coach right, prepare better, improve on field.

Ancient Mariner

Yes, hopefully this time it is being taken very seriously.
How many goes do you get before you get it right?
Hopefully those in charge are learning a little bit more with each failure. :rolleyes:

Coast Football Ramble

We're now on Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/show/2Wgcca8e77fX6xg7dfH75g?si=UYkq2IBFSRmXJR8x2TaBjg

56225990_2071103469855780_8603390290746671104_n.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members