• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Ironbark

?:goodpost: This

Our attackers look ordinary due to our lack of ability to dominate the midfield battle, which was particularly disappointing in last night’s game given that Perf didn’t exactly field the strongest midfield in the league themselves.

I was hoping that O’Neil’s absence would allow our boys to assert themselves on the middle third and to support our strikers better but the truth is that Perf out pointed us there despite their lineup effectively being young and relatively inexperienced, so that’s a big worry.

I also got extremely cranky that Perf were repeatedly able to find space between our midfield and back line, when we failed comprehensively to do the same to them, so that needs to be fixed before any meaningful improvement in team performance is likely to happen.
This.

We also can't discount the fact that we have a side made up of a lot of last years NPL2 players. Great prospects but still young, raw and developing. As a team - we came out of the blocks firing and ran over the top of teams. Think of the 2-0 wins over Syd and Mac or WSW early on (can't remember which now). We suppressed and dominated those teams.

Covid took some wind out of the sails and other teams got fitter and more cohesive. Our young squad with it's experienced spine is now being outplayed and out-thought by older, more experienced, and frankly more expensive teams.

How is clear - our midfield is as porous as a sponge. Puts pressure on the defence, and doesn't provide the springboard to attack that is required.

How do you solve this with inexperienced kids? I don't know, but think the playing style/structure needs to suit the cattle. Again, I have no idea what I'm really talking about at this level, but is what seems apparent.

FFC Mariner

They clearly dont get on and looks like someone wants to be top man and the other has their nose out of joint.
Test for Monty but at the moment, we cant play both. Marco simply wont pass to him

turbo

How do you solve this with inexperienced kids?
Are the kids the issue? Of the starting side Hall and Miller have been solid. Farrell pretty good but perhaps lacking a bit in the final third compared to Miller.

Strikers are both senior, well paid players. Olli and Nizzy in the middle is a decent pairing and neither are inexperienced kids. Wings are typically visa players.

Ancient Mariner

They clearly dont get on and looks like someone wants to be top man and the other has their nose out of joint.
Test for Monty but at the moment, we cant play both. Marco simply wont pass to him
Unfortunately, FFC you may be correct. If so, one will have to move.
How does Monty drop one of our two most expensive players? I am sure either would take too kindly to it.

Last edited:

Ironbark

Are the kids the issue? Of the starting side Hall and Miller have been solid. Farrell pretty good but perhaps lacking a bit in the final third compared to Miller.

Strikers are both senior, well paid players. Olli and Nizzy in the middle is a decent pairing and neither are inexperienced kids. Wings are typically visa players.
Not blaming them specifically and I've been quite pleased with our youth and 100% back the strategy to play them.
But we do seem to lack cohesion, don't know when to pass to players making good runs (which our forwards do a lot of and get nothing out of) and we either pass forward too hastily or turnover the ball too easily.
Smacks of a team that is less savvy overall, or not as experienced in general is the gist.

true believer

Unfortunately, FFC you may be correct. If so, one will have to move.
How does Monty drop one of our two most expensive players? I am sure either would take too kindly to it.
im wondering if jc and marco had a few rums together .marco taught him how to dance and
jc taught him how to throw a decent head butt .
there looks like the start of a bit of bromance

Coast Football Ramble

Oh, would you look at that - another WINNING POD!
100% win record in Mudgee? Don't mind if we do!
The boys discuss the big win against Macarthur (HMS Big Fellas), the shape of the squad, we look ahead to Adelaide at home on Saturday and Academy on Sunday, and of course we answer your questions.
Noah Smiggles Smith also joins us in the studio for a chat that is not to be missed - stitch ups and banter abound!

#UpTheSauce

00.00-06.53 Intro/Fred's Question
07.00-44.40 Perth/Macarthur Review
44.53-73.07 Noah Smith
73.18-81.20 Upcoming Round
81.45-96.15 Fan Questions/See ya next week

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads