• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Climate change & emissions trading

dibo

i'm already in a splinter group - the MCE.

we could form a splinter from the splinter group - MCE - Marxist-Leninist Tendency? But then of course there's a further splintering - the MCE - Marxist-Leninist Tendency (Eastern Branch) and the MCE - Marxist-Leninist Tendency (Western Branch).

FFC Mariner

What have the Romans ever done for us?

Personally, I think the new CCM group merely lackeys of the existing elite.

New scarf good, old scarf bad...............

midfielder

NAAAA the orginal is the best ...BUT if you do change and if you include the Romans how can you leave out the Greeks ... or  maybe some of those Greek Gods on a T - Shirt thats not a bad idea.

Arabmariner

This thread should be renamed 'The biggest waste of time and money ever spent on a mass government(s) junket overseas to achieve absolutely f**k all thread'.

K.Rudd should get his f**kin arse back here and sort out this countries own issues instead of grandstanding to another bunch of f**kwits who couldn't give a monkeys what Australia says or does.

The climates been changing since time began.

:popcorn:

hasbeen

I don't agree that it's a total waste of time & money. Watching Photo-Op Krudd squirm and get shown up for the moralising sanctimonious twat he is, surely is worth the admission fee.

FFC Mariner

hasbeen said:
I don't agree that it's a total waste of time & money. Watching Photo-Op Krudd squirm and get shown up for the moralising sanctimonious twat he is, surely is worth the admission fee.

plus being called a liar by some 3rd world nonentity who is obviously a better judge than the canberra press gallery who seem incapable of seeing that he has done nothing, changed nothing.

The US press is speculating that Obama the great saviour is looking more and more like a 1 term president, Kev needs to cut down on the smarmy patronising shit or he might be in trouble too.

dibo

The whole thing of climate change comes down to Pascal's Wager - there are four choices:

Human caused climate change is real and we take action to reduce CO2 emissions:
We avert or reduce adverse impacts of climate change while shedding a few percentage points from the 'no action, no problem' growth path.

Human caused climate change is real and we don't take action to reduce CO2 emissions:
Glaciers continue to melt, ice caps continue to withdraw, sea levels accelerate their rise, global temperatures continue to rise, extreme weather events become more frequent and severe...

Human caused climate change is not real and we take action to reduce CO2 emissions:
We shed a few percentage points from the 'no action, no problem' growth path.

Human caused climate change is not real and we don't take action to reduce CO2 emissions:
Business as usual - no problem.

Climate change is either real or not. we don't get a choice in it, and frankly I think the evidence stacks up for it being real.

Our choice is therefore between acting or not. Choosing from between the worst case scenarios (because only the foolhardy fail to cover against their potential losses) you can't sensibly choose not to act. It's as simple as that.

Acting doesn't mean shutting down all industry, or off-shoring it all. Even if we were the only nation to act it's impossible to offshore our domestic power generation, land, air and sea transport.

The simple fact is we're far from the only nation to act - we're playing catch-up. The longer we leave it, the worse it gets. EU is miles ahead of us on carbon emissions reductions and they still have massive manufacturing operations, they still drive cars, they still have electricity. China is smashing us on renewable energy research.

And the point of summits like Copenhagen (and before that, Bali, Kyoto, Rio and Montreal...) is to get global action. We've done it before on CFCs in the face of
pretty much the same arguments. We'll do it again.

BTW - renewable energy is here. Solar is getting within a bee's dick of grid parity and will be there soon. With emissions trading giving a carbon price signal it would be just about over the line. Cue *large* scale investment in solar projects to provide baseline power...

hasbeen

I'm not a Climate Change sceptic, but unfortunately this has all been hijacked by Krudd in his pathetic attempt to be seen as a 'face' on the global scene. He is a poseur of the highest order and deserves to be shot down in flames every time he opens his well-rehearsed mouth or smiles glibly for the cameras. Abbot summed it up nicely when he said it was a good thing there were so many Aussie reps there at Copenhagen 'cos you never know when Kev might need an extra photographer ...

dibo

111 said:
http://www.globalwarminghoax.com/news.php

I quote new scientist, this person posts a link to a sceptics site. who's trying to use credible references here?

dibo

hasbeen said:
dibo said:
Those determined to be disappointed will always find a way to be so.

You've used this quote before, Dibo, come on man, expand your horizons.

i'll borrow from tim flannery on newsradio this morning - it's very easy to be a condom on the prick of progress.

hasbeen

dibo said:
111 said:
http://www.globalwarminghoax.com/news.php

I quote new scientist, this person posts a link to a sceptics site. who's trying to use credible references here?

To be fair, the majority of articles on the globalhoax website are from the Space and Science Research Center (SSRC), in Orlando, Florida. Are they not credible?

hasbeen

dibo said:
hasbeen said:
dibo said:
Those determined to be disappointed will always find a way to be so.

You've used this quote before, Dibo, come on man, expand your horizons.

i'll borrow from tim flannery on newsradio this morning - it's very easy to be a condom on the prick of progress.

You mean safe, reliable and very likely preventing something unwanted happening?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred