• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Chnia Provisional 21-man Socceroos squad:

midfielder

Pim Verbeeks provisional squad for the World Cup qualifier against China -

Maybe if the forum is correct the reds may be headed our way, added Carl as a red because I think he would suit the Mariners

Michael Beauchamp  :pirashoot: :pirashoot:(Nuremburg, Germany), Mark Bresciano (Palermo, Italy), [size=10pt][size=10pt]Jacob Burns (Unirea Valahorum, Romania)[/size][/size], Tim Cahill (Everton, England), Nick Carle (Bristol City, England), David Carney (Sheffield United, England), Jason Culina (PSV Eindhoven, Netherlands), Brett Emerton (Blackburn, England), Adam Federici (Reading, England), Vincenzo Grella (Torino, Italy), Brett Holman (NEC Nijmegen, Netherlands), Josh Kennedy (Karlsruhe, Germany), Harry Kewell (Liverpool, England), Patrick Kisnorbo (Leicester City, England), Scott McDonald (Celtic, Scotland), Lucas Neill (West Ham, England), Mark Schwarzer (Middlesbrough, England), Mile Sterjovski (Derby County, England), James Troisi (Newcastle, England), C[size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size]arl Valeri (Grosseto, Italy), Luke Wilkshire (Twente, Netherlands).

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/socceroos/kewell-and-kisnorbo-recalled-108143/

marinersman

Quite a good squad.

It's a shame Dukes and Chippers aren't available for selection. I got the impression from Pim on Total Football last night that Dukes might stay on which is massively good news. Fingers crossed he will.

Overall, I am very confident we'll notch up our second win. Winning in China will be a huge, huge step to the next round. Can't wait to watch it.

Also looking forward to the Qatar - Iraq match. I'm very interested to see how Iraq are preforming after the Asian Cup last year.

serious14

marinersman said:
Don't write Dukes off just yet.

Why??  He's been shit since the World Cup (and had been rubbish in quiet a few games in the 2 - 3 years beforehand), and couldn't be less interested if he tried.  His form in Asia was just....... seriously man, the guy did flat out NOT want to be there.  It was detrimental to the team tactically and mentally, and he's not exactly match fit at the moment, is he??  Look at Kennedy and Fat Little Macca...... playing every week and scoring.

Kennedy and McDonald >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viduka.  And like Omni correctly stated, he _won't_ be playing in 2010.

Take out Kisn00bo, Holman, and Schwarzer and that squad is perfect.  ;D

loyalist

no chance of valeri coming to us
he is very highly rated in italy and is serving out his 'apprenticeship' in serie b, c before he makes the step up to the big league

and jacob burns moved to that club just recently so more or less no chance of him coming to us aswell

marinersman

Greenpoleffc said:
Viduka is also injured isnt he??

I dont think he has been available since Jan??

He has been injured but apparently is back to full fitness now and Keegan is quoted as saying he's going to start on Monday against Birmingham.

marinersman

serious14 said:
marinersman said:
Don't write Dukes off just yet.

Why??   He's been shit since the World Cup (and had been rubbish in quiet a few games in the 2 - 3 years beforehand), and couldn't be less interested if he tried.   His form in Asia was just....... seriously man, the guy did flat out NOT want to be there.  It was detrimental to the team tactically and mentally, and he's not exactly match fit at the moment, is he??   Look at Kennedy and Fat Little Macca...... playing every week and scoring.

Kennedy and McDonald >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viduka.  And like Omni correctly stated, he _won't_ be playing in 2010.

Take out Kisn00bo, Holman, and Schwarzer and that squad is perfect.  ;D

Serious, injury has been his main problem, just like Harry.

Look at his stats, 06-07 for Borough he scored 14 goals in 22 appearances with 7 of those games off the bench. In the FA Cup in the same year he scored 5 goals in 6 games.This season he's scored 5 goals in 11 appearances for Newcastle with 7 games of those as a sub. That's a good return for any striker.

As for the Asian Cup, well you might be right, but you could just about that say the same thing about all the Euro stars. They were all shit with the odd exception. Don't forget, he scored 3 goals out of a total of our 7 in that tournament. Again 3 goals in 4 games is an excellent ratio.

Hopefully he's over his injuries now. The only thing stopping him going to South Africa if we qualify, is himself. It depends on him whether he wants to continue or not. If he says yes he will be selected for sure.

The stats above are from the EPL and FFA sites.

serious14

marinersman said:
As for the Asian Cup, well you might be right, but you could just about that say the same thing about all the Euro stars. They were all shit with the odd exception. Don't forget, he scored 3 goals out of a total of our 7 in that tournament. Again 3 goals in 4 games is an excellent ratio.

Hopefully he's over his injuries now. The only thing stopping him going to South Africa if we qualify, is himself. It depends on him whether he wants to continue or not. If he says yes he will be selected for sure.

2 of those Asian Cup goals were against Thailand......... their crowd damn near tore the stadium down any time they got into our half, let alone anywhere near the box.  I couldn't help but notice he went missing when it really mattered (Iraq, Japan).

5 in 11 certainly isn't too bad, but against West Ham, Boro, and Derby??  Again, not exactly world beaters......

The only _things_ stopping him from going to South Africa SHOULD be Kennedy, McDonald, and Pim.  I can see Kennedy and Macca forming a damn good combination over the next few years, and being serviced by Cahill, Bresciano, the Sterj, and Wilkshire - is going to make said combination that much better.  And I can't see Pim standing for his egotistical crap either......

By the time 2010 rolls around, would you want to break up this combination with a disinterested fat-arse who these days functions merely as a target man and does f*ck all work himself??

No thanks - and his recent efforts with the whole "oh, I'll decide in my own time if I could be bothered being available for the qualifiers".  No thanks.  Not the kind of guy I want on my national team thank you.

Jesus saves........ us all from seeing Viduka be disinterested in the national shirt for another 90 minutes.

S

soccersensei

I'm with serious marinersman,

I was extremely unimpressed by Viduka's spirit in regard to the Asian Cup.
Especially when as a player of his seniority his good attitude is critical to the whole squads.
I also think he's already given the best service he's capable of and so have no further desire to see him in green and gold again. When he has started at Newcastle this year, despite his 5 goals on paper which were as Serious very rightly put it certainly not in the Toons toughest games, he has not at all been impressive imo, which is why injured or not I will be surprised if he once more finds himself starting.

Back at the AC, I felt Viduka sold out the green and gold as he was clearly far more interested in the upcoming EPL and approached the AC in a most arrogant and elitist way, which in turn I believe also caused significant fall out and must have been hell for Arnold to deal with, especially when Foster the super muppet was already prodding his knives at anything he could, while simultaneously whipping the Australian media and supporters into a most un Australian like- extremely negative attitude, and anti Arnold frenzy.

And now I've completely had enough of his languid approach that Serious so rightly attacks, as it almost feels like well if my form continues to drop, and my options narrow, some Aussie team profile and some more game time for that matter would do me good in my bid for my next contract, so I'll certainly talk to Pim and keep my options open. How very nice of him. Tim Cahill "It's always a great privilege to play for your country" This is not Viduka's attitude, and Serious is right, it's the only attitude a player representing our country should have.
So, thanks for the memories Viduka, but now it's time for the future...

S

soccersensei

Certainly works for me. There's a great complimentary variance in these 3 attackers.

marinersman

Well guys we'll have to agree to disagree on Viduka. To use the old cliche, it's a game of opinons.

All the matters is the best avilable squad is selected for the qualifirrs and for South Africa (if we make it) regardless of who it is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred