• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Stadium

Tevor

Games confirmed, home is where the sauce is post on socials, I'm jumping to conclusions but come on stadium rights announcement...
I suspect nothing on the management rights and just an agreement to play there this season. Probably at some inflated rate that does the club no favors.

Wombat

Having no home ground worked well for the Bears last time around. Roaring success. Too successful maybe, that's why they no longer exist.
The Bears home ground was NSO and they played in front of healthy crowds. Murdoch forced them to merge with Manly.......which soon turned into a hostile takeover. Norths fans hated Manly with a passion and to be forced to amalgamate with them would be like AL forcing us to form a club with The Scum and calling us Newcastle Mariners.
Perhaps you are talking about the Northern Eagles, when you speak about the Bears??

pjennings

Northern Eagles had a final year average crowd of 6514. In the same year they averaged 10270 at Brookvale.

Rugby League per se does not have a great following on the Coast. Teams that were big in Sydney before a a lot of baby boomers moved here have a good following on the Coast. i.e. Parramatta, Canterbury, Souths and St George.

midfielder

The time has come,' the Walrus said,
To talk of many things:
Of shoes — and ships — and sealing-wax —
Of cabbages — and kings —
And why the sea is boiling hot —
And whether pigs have wings.'

Lewis Carrol who penned the above in a poem long ago, has described our council and it is time for us to think about what we should do.

adz

Staff member
The Bears home ground was NSO and they played in front of healthy crowds. Murdoch forced them to merge with Manly.......which soon turned into a hostile takeover. Norths fans hated Manly with a passion and to be forced to amalgamate with them would be like AL forcing us to form a club with The Scum and calling us Newcastle Mariners.
Perhaps you are talking about the Northern Eagles, when you speak about the Bears??
Ah yes whatever the one that was going to have Gosford as a home ground, moved to Gosford and then said "Hey maybe we should work on building that ground now". Had a year playing out of random places while CCS was being built and then never really took off.

FFC Mariner

The sole Liberal state MP (Terrigal) is no where to be seen on this issue.
Ditto Labor.
Can you imagine the fuss/publicity that Lawrie would have whipped up?
The Charlesworth legacy goes far deeper than $ it seems

Reactions: adz

pjennings

The sole Liberal state MP (Terrigal) is no where to be seen on this issue.
Ditto Labor.
Can you imagine the fuss/publicity that Lawrie would have whipped up?
The Charlesworth legacy goes far deeper than $ it seems
Lawrie was useless on this issue as well. He recused himself from the discussion every time it came up. He could have recused himself from the vote - but he should have been a strong advocate!!

FFC Mariner

Eventually got a response from the administrator

@Shaun Mielekamp FYI

Central Coast Stadium

Thank you for taking the time to email me your concerns, I apologise for the delay in responding.
I would like to clarify that Central Coast Council have in no way blocked the Central Coast Mariners from playing at the Stadium this season.

Our previous agreement expired last month, and the new agreement timeline coincides with the Management Rights of the Stadium being out to tender (which the Central Coast Mariners support).
The Management Rights Tender submissions have closed and are currently being assessed by an independent panel with a robust process around the transparency and guidelines for a fair process.
The Council is working with all stakeholders on an interim agreement for this season.

The Council acknowledges the positive benefits and importance that the Mariners play in our community.

Should you require further information, please don’t hesitate to contact Natalia Cowley, Director Corporate Affairs and Chief Financial Officer, at Natalia.Cowley@centralcoast.nsw.gov.au
Yours sincerely,

finally retired

Eventually got a response from the administrator

@Shaun Mielekamp FYI

Central Coast Stadium

Thank you for taking the time to email me your concerns, I apologise for the delay in responding.
I would like to clarify that Central Coast Council have in no way blocked the Central Coast Mariners from playing at the Stadium this season.

Our previous agreement expired last month, and the new agreement timeline coincides with the Management Rights of the Stadium being out to tender (which the Central Coast Mariners support).
The Management Rights Tender submissions have closed and are currently being assessed by an independent panel with a robust process around the transparency and guidelines for a fair process.
The Council is working with all stakeholders on an interim agreement for this season.

The Council acknowledges the positive benefits and importance that the Mariners play in our community.

Should you require further information, please don’t hesitate to contact Natalia Cowley, Director Corporate Affairs and Chief Financial Officer, at Natalia.Cowley@centralcoast.nsw.gov.au
Yours sincerely,
?

Tevor

Yep utter BS, why would anyone believe anything that comes out of that place. Even the Administrators. Key point is an interim agreement. As I said before and wouldn't be surprised if this interim agreement isn't that favorable to the club. Just another shot across the bow and FU from the Council.

style_cafe

Even though the tenders for Stadium management are being reviewed by an "independent" body I heard on the radio today that the stadium will be used for the "XGames next September 9-11. and for the next 5 years
This reportedly involves turning the playing area into a dirt bike track amongst other things.
It`ll be a huge boost to the local economy with over 600 competitors plus back-up crews family support and spectators.
So at least the stadium managers will have one client to manage... :popcorn:

Melange

Apologies if I've missed a post on this but just saw our home games are scheduled for Central Coast Stadium, have our issues been resolved?

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I see there is a f**king motor cross event at the stadium on feb 22 …don’t they remember what happened last time they had stunt jumpers at the ground , the pitch got properly f**ked up ….why don’t they use the in field of the racecourse or something …goddamn idiotsEF8DFF96-B600-44F8-9975-399A4D8899EC.jpeg

turbo

I see there is a f**king motor cross event at the stadium on feb 22 …don’t they remember what happened last time they had stunt jumpers at the ground , the pitch got properly f**ked up ….why don’t they use the in field of the racecourse or something …goddamn idiotsView attachment 1965
Looks like the council staff running the stadium desperately trying to save their jobs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami