• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Stadium

Pirate Pete

I really have no idea what half these posts are about.

But I think this is where the administrator / state government / that idiot Crouch, should step in and tell them to f**k off. But they won't.
Most of us would have heard Gladys & what's his name? The bloke who's not Italian?
They were quite happy to say Pork Barreling was OK.

This has got ICAC written all over it.

I'm so angry about this I've phoned the council and voiced my concern.
I'll write a letter too.

And I'd be surprised if anyone bar the groundstaff step foot in the stadium before Christmas anyhow.

Last edited:

turbo

I dont think its a corruption concern, unlike some of the many state and federal gov examples. Just an inability to accept the situation as it is and admit their shortcomings, plus a handful of people likely staring down redundancy. Hopefully the administrator will see through it.

Pirate Pete

i believe those of us with their lovely "im vaccinated" digital certificate .
will be seating in our seats .
those who believe that vaccines will turn you into a scum supporter will
be sitting home lone
I'd like to think so. I've got my first jab on Friday.

I didn't listen to Gladys today, but I understand she said lockdown will still be going in October.
So the way this has gone with the half assed lockdown I'd be adding a few weeks onto that unfortunately.

Big Al

I dont think its a corruption concern, unlike some of the many state and federal gov examples. Just an inability to accept the situation as it is and admit their shortcomings, plus a handful of people likely staring down redundancy. Hopefully the administrator will see through it.
There was a snippet of him today on the news (star radio) when the news said the tender has been extended and him just being almost happy to extend the tender and try and get more competition for it. He is not afraid of saying it sounds like a good idea (without actually saying that).

I haven’t trusted this administrator from day 1 and nothing he does gives confidence. It’s basically well who cares why (hello every rate payer) let’s just start raising the funds. That is basically his job. Find money get paid a shot load and piss off to the next joint

Last edited:

turbo

Warriors announced they'll be playing out of Dolphin Stadium QLD (where the roar play) so they wont be back on the coast next season should hte NZ border remain problematic..

Ancient Mariner

It seems to be thought that rugby league is strong with the council, which leads the council to be unfavourable to 'soccah".
I have been taking this a little further in my thoughts.
Part of the proposal from the Club was to develop the area under the eastern stand for eateries and coffee shops, etc.
I imagine this may draw patrons away from the crap food in the Leagues Club.
Is it possible that they are putting pressure on council not only because they are rugby league aligned but fear losing custom.

I have no inside information however I have been trying to understand why council/council staff are being total dickheads in what should really be a gift to them.
I have always found it worthwhile in any "dirty work at the crossroads" situation to work out who has the most likely motive.

Allreet?

I really have no idea what half these posts are about.

But I think this is where the administrator / state government / that idiot Crouch, should step in and tell them to f**k off. But they won't.
Most of us would have heard Gladys & what's his name? The bloke who's not Italian?

I'm so angry about this I've phoned the council and voiced my concern.
I'll write a letter too.

And I'd be surprised if anyone bar the groundstaff step foot in the stadium before Christmas anyhow.
You'd think so but no-one who has any authority gives a shit. You look at what happened with Terrigal car park or Avoca Cinema... unbelievable. But people continue to get away with it and no-one who cares has the resources to chase them in court.

marinermick

It seems to be thought that rugby league is strong with the council, which leads the council to be unfavourable to 'soccah".
I have been taking this a little further in my thoughts.
Part of the proposal from the Club was to develop the area under the eastern stand for eateries and coffee shops, etc.
I imagine this may draw patrons away from the crap food in the Leagues Club.
Is it possible that they are putting pressure on council not only because they are rugby league aligned but fear losing custom.

I have no inside information however I have been trying to understand why council/council staff are being total dickheads in what should really be a gift to them.
I have always found it worthwhile in any "dirty work at the crossroads" situation to work out who has the most likely motive.

Doubt the CCLC would be that naive and not business savvy. More eateries will bring more people to the area and people would be more likely to have a drink at CCLC or play the pokies.

The eateries are either leased (Chinese) or the small bistro which probably run at cost, as eateries normally are at gaming venues.

One thing I do know is that the club does worse on game days because the regulars are not pumping thousands into the pokies.

FFC Mariner

I fully agree that its always wise to "follow the money".
4 motives are usually the 4 L's (Love, Lust,Loathing or Lucre)
I suggest the insiders are people who are likely to lose their jobs if the stadium management goes elsewhere.
Must take so much effort to rent the ground to a 3rd party for 13 games and run a carols concert.
These are the people who have been incapable of maximising the venue use and they now reckon they can run it well and do all the things they havent so far?
Oh hang on they did get Lionel Richie. My bad
Their track record surely rules them out unless the fix is in

Corsair

crap food in the Leagues Club
Nothing wrong with the recently renovated Archies at CCLC, the food is decent. Not going to set the world on fire but i wouldn't call it crap.

There are a couple of other places within a short walk that i suspect are better than anything that goes in the stadium/on the grounds is likely to be.

Is there any possibility they could rezone, demolish/relocate the stadium and build units or offices? If they could work out a way to do that it would solve all their financial woes...

turbo

I suggest the insiders are people who are likely to lose their jobs if the stadium management goes elsewhere.
Must take so much effort to rent the ground to a 3rd party for 13 games and run a carols concert.
These are the people who have been incapable of maximising the venue use and they now reckon they can run it well and do all the things they havent so far?
This. No need to go too hard on conspiracy theory when there’s the really obvious ones sitting there of ego and self interest.

I suspect they were given the OK to bid in the absence of another competitive bid to oppose CCM. So it’s kind of like a vendor bid to keep an auction going. Thing is if they wanted to do that they should have been prepared and done it to the same timelines as the original process IMO.

Any pressure on them will be to just make a decision so we can either get on with it or know where we stand. The APL will want to know too because it could impact what expansion looks like if MC is willing to sell the license.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami