• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Reps - 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjamn rose

Some good points there Einstein and nothing really to disagree with, except the bit about some of the time constraints. Nobody knew until the October 15 announcement what competition they would be playing in. Most, especially those that ended up in PL1 had a reasonable idea that is where they would be. Parramatta would've realistically expected to be dropped (as they were) and the only other clubs in any sort of danger were Rockdale and South Coast Wolves. The only realistic contenders to replace those 3 teams were Central Coast, Northern Tigers and Sydney Uni. My point is that they should have been preparing to be in PL1 from the time they put in there submission. Scouting and recruiting the best players and coaches and having them committed, conditional upon entry into PL1. Blacktown City, Spartans, Manly, Olympic and Sutherland all had their trial dates organised dependent on the announcement, as well as having most of their players and coaches in place.
As you rightly pointed out most of the coaching appointments at CCMA were handed out on the basis of last year's performance, which despite winning the club championship, was overall down on the previous year when comparing the results of individual teams (except the 16s).
You are right - the whle program needs the support of everyne involved, but the closed shop mentality and amateurish approach has got to go. As Mumbles has said - we can't afford to f@#k it up this time.

The 'closed shop mentality' really annoys me and seems to be continuing, if not possibly worsening, under the new DOC. Whenever any process (especially selections, trials, etc) are so 'secret' and are not transparent, then it does make me wonder why? And 'what' is being 'hidden' or not disclosed?

To me, processes or procedures that aren't open or transparent are usually that way for a reason. Such as, they could handle public scrutiny, the people running them are either inept, corrupt, and/or strong nepotism supporters! I don't know why selections and trials can simply be based on merit and the best players being picked, rather than all of the other 'garbage' that goes on!

For example, a number of A League clubs have openly published their trial information for their NYL teams, have conducted their trials, openly. To date, nothing seems to have been made public about CCM NYL?

So, those in charge of things shouldn't be surprised when their selections are finally made public, and there are a few that are highly dubious!

I wonder how many Newcastle people are going to 'land on our shores' with the new DOC having close Newcastle ties, and already bring in players to CCMA teams from up that way?

It will be interesting to note whether the senior management focus on poaching or coaching?

With CCM seemingly being closely aligned with the new International Football School at Kariong, coupled with their also apparent little open support to the CCMA, I also wonder if CCM long term plans are to go more 'solo' away from CCF and CCMA? And run their own development training, selections, etc?

Here's a couple of relevant links:

http://www.marinersdevelopment.com.au/

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/perthglory/news-display/YOUTH-Team-Trials/67897

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Heart-to-conduct-NYL-road-show/68599

FFC Mariner

"With CCM seemingly being closely aligned with the new International Football School at Kariong, coupled with their also apparent little open support to the CCMA, I also wonder if CCM long term plans are to go more 'solo' away from CCF and CCMA? And run their own development training, selections, etc?"

Really?

So Arnie, Patrick and 4 or 5 first teamers at Pluim together with Arnies desire to build the academy into a production line (see interview with Ray Gatt) is just a smokescreen I guess.

FFC Mariner

Dont forget that Civic duties notwithstanding the Mayor himself is at most games.

There wouldnt be a player in NSWPL that hasnt been seen by the Club at some point

possum x

The under 12's coach has been sacked and replaced with Shirley Preston. No wins all season, but seems a bit drastic with two games to go. Not a lot of happy parents in that team, maybe a last ditch effot to get them back next year. To little to late?

possum x

Sorry, Peter 'shirley' Preston. it was wrong of me to assume everyone would know who he was. 20's coach.

Freddie05

The reason the under 12's did so bad is they pick the wrong kids and I'm sure it happens in all age groups. CCF have their own agendas and coaches involve pick players they know or have been there before. This team scored 8 goals all year and did not win s game yet all the kids expect to be picked again, these are not the best players in this age group. Did anyone watch the 12a computer this year from CCF. No and there was a stand out team. Lets see how many from that team make next year

possum x

Most of the academy teams did well, the reason the 12's did so poorly is there team isn't filled with the best players from the coast all because of a bad coaching appointment in 2012, three of the coasts project 22 team went to the emerging jets prior to the 2012 season and three left after to go to Blacktown. The emerging jets won their grand final and Blacktown won the competion and are in the grand final next week. No effort has been made to get these players back. Why? Surley if they were serious they would at the very least ask the parents why they left and what could be done to rectify the problem. It has nothing to do with coaches agendas to get certain players in.

possum x

Oh, plus the other player who made the football nsw team. All up i think they would be a very competitive team.

Freddie05

offtheball how many grand finals in any sport are quality? and you are talking about 11year olds. You had the best team in the comp facing a team that struggled to make the semis but played teams that have never won a semi so they made the grand final. You cant watch one game especially a Grand Final & judge the standard. This is the short sighted approach we need to do away with. The side that won the 12a comp, East Gosford have never competed for first & a mate told me they lost 4 players to rep this year so why all of a sudden did they take everything before them? I watched the GF & the second half was some of the best under 12 football you could get at club level but it sounds as if the kids that were in the mariners 12s this year will be there again. Oh & Terrigal who won the last two years struggled for fourth, why did they go so bad this year? Anyone know?

possum x

My (educated) guess is that it's because if asked Tony Gerosimou was pointing players in that direction (East Gosford), i know for a fact that one player who played for the mariners academy in 2012 and didn't make it in 2013 was pointed that way from Tony. How many other players from Tonys coaching were?

neverwozza

Most of the academy teams did well, the reason the 12's did so poorly is there team isn't filled with the best players from the coast all because of a bad coaching appointment in 2012, three of the coasts project 22 team went to the emerging jets prior to the 2012 season and three left after to go to Blacktown. The emerging jets won their grand final and Blacktown won the competion and are in the grand final next week. No effort has been made to get these players back. Why? Surley if they were serious they would at the very least ask the parents why they left and what could be done to rectify the problem. It has nothing to do with coaches agendas to get certain players in.

This sums up the situation with the 12's perfectly. If they had those 7 kids back playing for ccma they would have had a much better year on the pitch.

neverwozza

offtheball how many grand finals in any sport are quality? and you are talking about 11year olds. You had the best team in the comp facing a team that struggled to make the semis but played teams that have never won a semi so they made the grand final. You cant watch one game especially a Grand Final & judge the standard. This is the short sighted approach we need to do away with. The side that won the 12a comp, East Gosford have never competed for first & a mate told me they lost 4 players to rep this year so why all of a sudden did they take everything before them? I watched the GF & the second half was some of the best under 12 football you could get at club level but it sounds as if the kids that were in the mariners 12s this year will be there again. Oh & Terrigal who won the last two years struggled for fourth, why did they go so bad this year? Anyone know?
Umina won the GF 2 years ago and EG won it last year.

neverwozza

2012-super league
2013-premier league
Doesn't apply to the 12's as they were in the SAL and SAP comps not Super League or Premier League last year (2012). They were still playing against the best from their age group week in week out and were very very competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred