• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Youth League Squad (link to apply for a spot p3)

skilbeck

As is mentioned in another topic, a youth league will be established next season. The rules and format of which have been stated here
http://marinators.net/forum/index.php?topic=1104.0

what this thread is concerned with would be the mariners squad in this league. IMO a few names pop to mind such as: Redmayne, McAndrew, Ty Owens, Woodcock etc. There are 15 places at stake from this I assume we would sign: 2 Goalkeepers, 5 Defenders (2 Centrebacks, 2 fullbacks and 1 utility), 5 Midfielders (1 Defensive Mid, 1 Centre Mid, 1 Attacking Mid, 2 Wingers) and 3 Forwards. Your thoughts people?

finally retired

wouldn't the Academy squad form the backbone of the Youth League squad ?
Senior Squad (17 and 18-year-olds) Dane Carroll, Patrick Dalton, Aaron Drinkwater, Dane Fearnley, Joshua Hall, Aaron Hammond, Brent Kayes, Eric Koelma, Matt Lawrence, Ian McAndrew, Nathan Moseley, Ben Peerenboom, Jed Prater, Brady Smith, Graham Toope, Brenton Westley, Adam Woodbine
link to the Academy announcement last year is  http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/54420,mariners-youth-academy-makes-hyundai-aleague-history.aspx

skilbeck

I think so. But I think Redmayne would be the number 1 keeper for the squad regardless, as a matter of fact I reckon we should deregister Redmayne from the senior squad and make him number 1 keeper for the junior squad if we do choose to sign a new keeper for Danny suspension

dibo

skilbeck said:
I think so. But I think Redmayne would be the number 1 keeper for the squad regardless, as a matter of fact I reckon we should deregister Redmayne from the senior squad and make him number 1 keeper for the junior squad if we do choose to sign a new keeper for Danny suspension

u/20 rules would still appear to apply to the senior squad, so redders might have to stay put.

finally retired

do Youth players come under the salary cap ?  if they didn't....then it would make sense to have as many eligible players in that squad...assuming they can be called up into the senior squad at any time....that would allow more "available funds" (under the salary cap) for the older players.

skilbeck

almost retired said:
do Youth players come under the salary cap ?  if they didn't....then it would make sense to have as many eligible players in that squad...assuming they can be called up into the senior squad at any time....that would allow more "available funds" (under the salary cap) for the older players.

15 is the squad limit and there is no salary cap, its an amateur league

kevrenor

The release says that 10-12 Youth Development Players (YDP) may be signed.

Say if 10, then if we still need say 3 x U20 in main squad, you would only 13 players plus bringing in 4 overage = 17. A bit tight. I'd say you do need either 12 YDP or more than 3 U20 for senior squad.

If like Qld Roar you had more players eligible from your main squad ie. < 20 by the end of last year, you could use them.

You would keep 3 goalkeepers in your senior squad given Danny's out 2/3 the season.

It will interesting to see how many of the Academy come into the YDP squad, or are picked up from feeder clubs and Associations. 

One thing is for sure the two best placed clubs are us by a mile, followed by Qld Roar.  Adelaide next I'd suspect, the tards. Jets?, FC? pfft!

so stoked about this news,

giving local football players great oportunities to take thier game to that extra level.

hopefull CCM filter their team through the coast (academy members) and not from else where (AIS etc)

finally retired

skilbeck said:
almost retired said:

by "salary cap"...I meant for the whole club..not specific to YDP....if players in the YDP are exempt from the clubs salary cap....then stick as many "seniors"...like Redmayne etc....in the YDP as you are able to...if the reality is the YDP players don't get paid, then forget I ever mentioned this... :p

FFC Mariner

Costs estimqted to be $150 - $300k per team and FFA will meet most of the costs.

Doubt that includes salaries though

kevrenor

almost retired said:
skilbeck said:
almost retired said:

by "salary cap"...I meant for the whole club..not specific to YDP....if players in the YDP are exempt from the clubs salary cap....then stick as many "seniors"...like Redmayne etc....in the YDP as you are able to...if the reality is the YDP players don't get paid, then forget I ever mentioned this... :p
It is not an amateur league as such ... it is just that the YDP are amateur, and therefore don't get paid. 

This also means that they may not be able to go and play in winter with semi-pro State Leagues I suspect, somewhat counter to the release (although as I say the fine print may be different)

P

Pete

You'd hope that a wise club would have some sort of retainer or contract with a decent player from their academy, or a junior comp, before they get noticed playing in a HAL club's colours in a National Youth League!

Jaza_SFC

You can't push players back from your senior squad in to this permanently and cut them off your senior squad and out of your cap - this is an amateur league.

It's good because guys like McAndrew and Redmayne can get game time, as can any returning players coming back from injury (as you can have up to four over-age players in the matchday XV of the youth team)... But they still are part of your senior squad and salary cap.

Andy

Jaza_SFC said:
You can't push players back from your senior squad in to this permanently and cut them off your senior squad and out of your cap - this is an amateur league.

It's good because guys like McAndrew and Redmayne can get game time, as can any returning players coming back from injury (as you can have up to four over-age players in the matchday XV of the youth team)... But they still are part of your senior squad and salary cap.

That's one of the best parts IMO.

EDIT- since it's an amateur league, can Danny play in it?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred