• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Insertnamehere

Is anyone else concerned about how much of an impact losing stensness will have on our squad, without adequately replacing him, yes I know nizzy and a few other young guys can fill the role, but I think stensness’ physically and ball control is what we will miss most, which nizzy doesn’t have as much, hopefully I’m wrong but I feel like we will miss having a physically strong presence in midfield like we had last year,
We haven't directly replaced him, sure. But we have Ruon, Hall and Miller who look like they could do that job.

FFC Mariner

Is anyone else concerned about how much of an impact losing stensness will have on our squad, without adequately replacing him, yes I know nizzy and a few other young guys can fill the role, but I think stensness’ physically and ball control is what we will miss most, which nizzy doesn’t have as much, hopefully I’m wrong but I feel like we will miss having a physically strong presence in midfield like we had last year,
Nope. Can't pass to save his life. Niz and Ollie will do just fine

Corsair

If this becomes an issue then move Tongyik up. Our new 10 (not confirmed) is a reasonably big boy as well (180cm), much bigger than DDS who was easily pushed off the ball. This guy can ride challenges.

I think we'll see a faster attacking game this year so disrupting play hopefully less of an issue. We were pretty defensive last season, last place in goals scored of all teams i think. My concern is whether Ollie can keep up with the new younger signings and make passes and decisions quickly enough to allow the play to flow.

I reckon this is going to be a very different season than last. Pretty hopeful.

Michael

kind of concerned but more just going to wait and see. As you mentioned we have very good youth coming up, Balard in particular in that area, nizzy ofcourse.
I’m just over the moon with Monty’s ethos so far. Young foreign signings blooding heaps of youth during pre-season with what looks like he’ll be giving them a red hot go in the season. Whether or not it’s forced due to the budget, I don’t care. The youth is there USE THEM

pjennings

First trial: Birighitti, Roux, Tongyik, Rowles, Farrell, Bozanic, Steele, Nkololo, Goddard, Muller, Simon.
Second trial: Sozer, Roux, Rowles, Hall, Farrell, Bozanic, Nisbet, Goddard, Nkololo, Simon, Urena.

So what will be our strongest starting XI - given a 4-4-2???. I'd keep Matty on the bench at this stage assuming Muller is fit.

My guess

---------------------Birighitti--------------------

Miller------Ruon-----------Rowles---------Smith

-------------------------Bozanic----------------
--------------Nisbet----------------------------
Goddard----------------------------------Nkololo

------------------------------Muller---------------
--------------Urena---------------------------------

I'm expecting Marcos to step up a gear this year and would expect him to be our main striker.

I'd like to see Muller centrally rather than stuck on the wing - playing as CAM/second striker. That said I'm not sure of his fitness. He played 1500 minutes in 19/20 but less than 600 last season. His last run of decent game time before that was 16/17. With Muller at 34 and Matty at 35 I'd like to get 60-70 mins a game Muller centrally and bring on Matty for the last 20 or 30 mins.

Sozer sounds like a better number 2 than we have had for a number of years
Dan Hall can cover the CBs and RB at least
I'd prefer at least another CM to cover Nizz and Ollie along with Ballard.
Attacking options from the bench - Simon and Tsekenis and possibly Aguek and Moresche.

Corsair

I reckon he'll start, maybe ahead of Muller, Niz or Nkololo. He plays AM, CF and LW. He's also very goal hungry and can finish. The team you've listed only really has Marcos and maybe Muller as goal scorers. Beni and Cy are creators more so than scorers. I'm looking forward to seeing Moresche combine with Urena and Cy, if they click it's going to be a goal machine.

marinermick

First trial: Birighitti, Roux, Tongyik, Rowles, Farrell, Bozanic, Steele, Nkololo, Goddard, Muller, Simon.
Second trial: Sozer, Roux, Rowles, Hall, Farrell, Bozanic, Nisbet, Goddard, Nkololo, Simon, Urena.

So what will be our strongest starting XI - given a 4-4-2???. I'd keep Matty on the bench at this stage assuming Muller is fit.

My guess

---------------------Birighitti--------------------

Miller------Ruon-----------Rowles---------Smith

-------------------------Bozanic----------------
--------------Nisbet----------------------------
Goddard----------------------------------Nkololo

------------------------------Muller---------------
--------------Urena---------------------------------

I'm expecting Marcos to step up a gear this year and would expect him to be our main striker.

I'd like to see Muller centrally rather than stuck on the wing - playing as CAM/second striker. That said I'm not sure of his fitness. He played 1500 minutes in 19/20 but less than 600 last season. His last run of decent game time before that was 16/17. With Muller at 34 and Matty at 35 I'd like to get 60-70 mins a game Muller centrally and bring on Matty for the last 20 or 30 mins.

Sozer sounds like a better number 2 than we have had for a number of years
Dan Hall can cover the CBs and RB at least
I'd prefer at least another CM to cover Nizz and Ollie along with Ballard.
Attacking options from the bench - Simon and Tsekenis and possibly Aguek and Moresche.

I would say Roux will start over Miller and Farrell is a real shot over Smith.

There is no way that Nikololo is just that good. He will be a bench player if that.

People are quick to dismiss Simon again but he was by far our most prolific striker last season.

Tevor

He prefers to play wide from what I’ve heard from WSW fans. Either way it’s good to have that flexibility we seem to have in a few spots now.
This, we are a much more balanced side this year and with inevitable injuries should have adequate cover. We need to be though as the other teams have all strengthened other than the Nix who have been very quite this off season and have lost some big names. Shame there hasn't been more FFA cup matches to suss out the other teams more.

pjennings

I would say Roux will start over Miller and Farrell is a real shot over Smith.

There is no way that Nikololo is just that good. He will be a bench player if that.

People are quick to dismiss Simon again but he was by far our most prolific striker last season.

I agonised over the fullbacks. wouldn't be surprised if Hall started at RB and moved centrally if we get an injury.

My thinking over Beni, Muller and Matty is :-

Haven't seen Nkololo play but he has a rep for defending from the front. With the way Monty wants to play with turnovers up the park I though he might be fitting into Monty's plan that way.

The opposite with Muller. He may prefer to play out wide but I can't see a 34 y.o. with limited game time over the last few years being able to put in the effort Monty will be looking for. Happy to be proven wrong.

I'm also not dismissing Matty - but why play Muller unless you start him. Then when things get tight or we need a lift Matty is the guy to rally the troops for a last effort.

jacobsfl

I agonised over the fullbacks. wouldn't be surprised if Hall started at RB and moved centrally if we get an injury.

My thinking over Beni, Muller and Matty is :-

Haven't seen Nkololo play but he has a rep for defending from the front. With the way Monty wants to play with turnovers up the park I though he might be fitting into Monty's plan that way.

The opposite with Muller. He may prefer to play out wide but I can't see a 34 y.o. with limited game time over the last few years being able to put in the effort Monty will be looking for. Happy to be proven wrong.

I'm also not dismissing Matty - but why play Muller unless you start him. Then when things get tight or we need a lift Matty is the guy to rally the troops for a last effort.
Completely agree with this. I believe Muller will play as a false 9 type player behind Marco or as a 10. Don't think he plays wide unless we need him to.

jacobsfl

This is what I have

------------------ Birras ------------------
-- Roux -- Tongyik -- Rowles -- Smith --
--------- Bozanic ----- Nisbet -----------
----------------- Muller ------------------
-- Goddard ---------------- Moresche --
----------------- Urena ------------------

Sozer
Hatch (as a LB or midfield utility)
Hall (Roux makes more sense tactically)
Nkololo
Simon

Corsair

. geez, you blokes not considering Moresche in your line-ups are going to make Dobbie a very unhappy little elf
Ha ha ha!!! Who, moi?! It'll certainly be Christmas come early when it eventually gets announced.

I am just a little bit excited about a Brazilian 10 who knocks them in for fun!

I've been banging on for years that we need more players in their 20's and it's finally happened this season.

Only just over 3 weeks to go to the Jets game...i would like to hear some signing news...and have a stadium to play in... and be able to order a jersey...!

Insertnamehere

I'd like to see the best passer and dribbler of rowles/ruon/hall slot into DM.

Muller play inside left, with a true R winger and Smith sliding behind Muller. So sets up like a 451 but plays like a 3-1-2-2-2

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami