• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Drew

I don’t know how to feel about this, think he’s been pretty poor the last few seasons, but we needed another right back
Yeah I think it’s good, simply because it’s a 1 year deal and he won’t be on that much money, plus Miller needed competition at RB which he will provide, hopefully it gets the best out of both players, and if he doesn’t perform then miller will retain rb, and adds a bit more experience to our young backline

sydmariner

pjennings

Yeah I think it’s good, simply because it’s a 1 year deal and he won’t be on that much money, plus Miller needed competition at RB which he will provide, hopefully it gets the best out of both players, and if he doesn’t perform then miller will retain rb, and adds a bit more experience to our young backline

TBH I would have Dan Hall at RB. If Dan is needed to cover Ruon or Kye centrally then Storm and Miller can fight for the RB spot then.

Probably not a bad squaddie because he can probably cover RW as well.

turbo

TBH I would have Dan Hall at RB. If Dan is needed to cover Ruon or Kye centrally then Storm and Miller can fight for the RB spot then.
The way I see it Roux brings something in attack that we haven’t seen Hall or Miller match. Nigro certainly didn’t show it, I would hope they (especially Miller if we want him to be a RB) can learn from that part of his game while still becoming better defenders.

Ancient Mariner

I will keep saying it over and over again. You do not turn centre backs into fullbacks.
Right and left back in the modern game are attacking positions.
The position requires speed and a motor to go up and down the field more than a box to box midfielder, plus the ability to cross and be able to shoot.
These are skills not found in your centre backs.
If you want to make fullback from your squad, look at wingers who can defend.
If you have too many centre backs turn them into DMs or play with a back three.

scottmac

Suspended
I will keep saying it over and over again. You do not turn centre backs into fullbacks.
The position requires speed and a motor to go up and down the field more than a box to box midfielder, plus the ability to cross and be able to shoot.
Agree completely

jacobsfl

I concur. Even though Roux has been on a downward slide, he's much more suited to the position than Miller. It just wouldn't make sense tactically having two attacking left backs and a defensive right back with very little attacking IQ. I think it adds a little stability to the backs and will provide Monty the option to play Miller in a position that he'd be more comfortable in.

Tevor

I’m not impressed and find this signing deflating. Guess when you have little cash you end up signing those that can’t get a start anywhere else. Would rather try an NPL player that way I would be interested to see how they go not already knowing they aren’t a good standard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred