• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Bears

midfielder

It  seems to be almost accepted in RL ranks that a Central Coast team will play in the 2013 season and be announced well before that.

Part of a thread from a poster on another site .. and like a very knowledge and well connected poster say like Marinermick on this site posted this today

word just coming out CC Bears are about to sign another major world wide brand for a sponsor..to add to the growing list of sponsors..

So I popped onto the CCBears web site to look up their sponsors list and it quite strong for a team that is not even in existence yet...

http://www.centralcoastbears.com.au/partners.html

Meaning I guess the Mariners are in for some real local competition for the hearts minds and money of locals... maybe a tad streched but maybe Gosford council is waiting to sponsor the CCBears...

CC is  a small area the Mariners  have the upper hand in that we are playing and a team ... Yes the club has acknowledged last years past sins with the locals ... however the club needs to be careful about treatment of local business and the community as a whole... also remember News own the local rag ...

Our little protected world is about to change it would appear...

goingtoadisco

I think thats a key point though. How many of those sponsers will be keen to fork out year after year for a team the comnity will not connect with ? How any of them wil pay up ?

Paolo

Interesting to see Fortunity on there considering they downgraded their sponsorship with us

Lol at $5k for a foundation membership
http://www.centralcoastbears.com.au/items/ccbears_foundation_membership.pdf

fedelta

Paolo said:
Lol at $5k for a foundation membership
http://www.centralcoastbears.com.au/items/ccbears_foundation_membership.pdf

Foundation Membership subscriptions are not refundable if the bid does not succeed, or in any other circumstances.

lol

midfielder

zycie said:
"A subscription of just $5,000 plus GST is all it takes...."

My understanding is the sponsorship is twofold ... at one level as they stand ... but goes up if they get the bid up....

J

jiggles

With the amount of local press that the CC Bears get...$5,000 would be worth it for 3 years of "free" advertising.

offtheball

Gallop still isn't talking up the Bears. Last interview from him saw him enthusing about a West Coast Team.

Paolo

offtheball said:
Gallop still isn't talking up the Bears. Last interview from him saw him enthusing about a West Coast Team.
Yet at end of most articles it indicated the coast is all but a certainty. Talking up the west coast bid is because it would attract more tv $$ and keep the comp at an even number once cc are in

Mr Cleansheets

I have no problem with a RL team on the coast. The Mariners will simply have to work harder for the hearts and minds, but don't forget that registered players for football dwarf the other codes combined, including on the Coast. Having said that, one of life's great mysteries is Avoca FC has about 600 registered players plus all the parents associated with those players. In comparison, Avoca Rugby club has (I think) less than 200 registered players, but they get enormous sponsorship and hundreds of spectators at home games for the first team. The Avoca football club gets bugger all sponsorship and the Premier League team would struggle to get a hundred spectators at a home game, and that's counting away spectators.

It can only be the entrenched culture of local rugby because the numbers don't add up.

Jimmy

I know a lot of local footballers that dont go and see the mariners because they see them as "shit". The only way I could imagine these people actually attending a match is if they were given a free ticket and even then I'm not sure if they'd go.

Would the local league community act the same way to "their local team"? I think not.

bjw

bjw
Jimmy said:
I know a lot of local footballers that dont go and see the mariners because they see them as "shit". The only way I could imagine these people actually attending a match is if they were given a free ticket and even then I'm not sure if they'd go.

Would the local league community act the same way to "their local team"? I think not.

no they wouldnt because the NRL is the best Rugby League competition in the world.

curious

The mariners aren't alone regarding the highly disproportionate football player/fan - aleague attendance ratio. It's across the board. If the nrl ratio was similar, with their participation rate around 1/3 of football,  the nrl would be averaging about 5k.

Can only guess why the aleague attendance/football participation ratio is generally so poor.

Jimmy

curious said:
The mariners aren't alone regarding the highly disproportionate football player/fan - aleague attendance ratio. It's across the board. If the nrl ratio was similar, with their participation rate around 1/3 of football,  the nrl would be averaging about 5k.

Can only guess why the aleague attendance/football participation ratio is generally so poor.

Euro snobs are part of the problem.

Mr Cleansheets

Euro snobs are a HUGE problem. I've lost count of the times I've heard major (so-called) football fans bag the A-League and say they have zero interest. Involved in coaching, as I am, I see great promise for the future in the hordes of talented kids at the 11  - 16 year old level. More and more Tommy Oars and the like will come into the game and the standing of the A-League will rise. I think you can interpret some current World Cup results (esp NZ) as a nod to the A-League and I predict that (especially if we get 2022) the A-League will be huge within 5 years.

I am a Mariners fan, but as I often say, I mostly just want to see the league do well.

FFC Mariner

Mr Cleansheets said:
Euro snobs are a HUGE problem. I've lost count of the times I've heard major (so-called) football fans bag the A-League and say they have zero interest. Involved in coaching, as I am, I see great promise for the future in the hordes of talented kids at the 11  - 16 year old level. More and more Tommy Oars and the like will come into the game and the standing of the A-League will rise. I think you can interpret some current World Cup results (esp NZ) as a nod to the A-League and I predict that (especially if we get 2022) the A-League will be huge within 5 years.

I am a Mariners fan, but as I often say, I mostly just want to see the league do well apart from the scum who can FOAD quite frankly.

/this

curious

FFC Mariner said:
Mr Cleansheets said:

I am a Mariners fan, but as I often say, I mostly just want to see the league do well apart from the scum who can FOAD quite frankly.

/this

Agree. The Brits can be terrible snobs. 

I'll get my coat.

scottmac

Suspended
The reason for the non attendance is the ingrained culture of football being a wog/poofter sport.

Untill this generation dies out there will be many a sports lover who grew up with this mentality drumed into them. The rest of them were sheep and just accepted what was spouted about it. TBF there was nothing really of substance to challenge league and aussie rules in Aus back then anyway unless you grew up knowing about or having experienced leagues from OS such as many of us here.

One or two generations time and football will be the #1 spectator sport in Aus as well as having the majority of sponsorship dollar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred