• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Celtic to play Sydney FC or Melbourne Victory

kepo

~Floss~ said:
Greenpoleffc said:
Hope its SFC to watch the sweaties run the Cove all over Homebush :)

Wont attract the amount of newbies that Beckham did so hopefully it will be a football crowd this time.

Football crowd? You mean 12-15,000?

Without all the "Newbies" (Spice Girls fans / readers of No Idea, etc) it might not need to be at Homebush.
lol,
we easily get 20k+ at SFS.
Look at R21 Syd Vs Melbourne 30K+ Biggest i seen apart from finals series.
Look this game means jack shit,
but at least its games and exposure to the clubs/a-league

SYD VS MEL
love it!

R u watching melbourne scum
F**k off melbourne
Worst Title defence

ahh memories

kepo

It will be a real football crowd this time.
Not a f**king bandwagon like the becks shit.

FFC Mariner

james_sfc said:
It will be a real football crowd this time.
Not a f**king bandwagon like the becks shit.

Hear hear...........CCM v Rangers and we would discover what real atmosphere is :)

~Floss~

james_sfc said:
~Floss~ said:
Greenpoleffc said:
Hope its SFC to watch the sweaties run the Cove all over Homebush :)

Wont attract the amount of newbies that Beckham did so hopefully it will be a football crowd this time.

Football crowd? You mean 12-15,000?

Without all the "Newbies" (Spice Girls fans / readers of No Idea, etc) it might not need to be at Homebush.
lol,
we easily get 20k+ at SFS.
Look at R21 Syd Vs Melbourne 30K+ Biggest i seen apart from finals series........

Fair call, but not exactly enough to justify Homebush. That's what I meant.
Will be a far cry from 83,000 mostly-bandwagoners IMO.

Auburn Mariner

This is great if it comes to Sydney.

What would be better is if a NSW-born team from all over the A-League could play them, but alas, the FFA has not got the imagination or gumption for that. All of us could then attend and support in full voice (Victorians and Queenslanders, your tourist visas to cross the Murray and the Tweed would be revoked for this night!!).

The chance to see Celtic is really very exciting for those of us that support the green side of Glasgow.

If Rangers ever play here, the Cove would need earplugs (and and oxygen tank) as I would never support the Ibrox heathens, not even against them that play at New Lambton!!!

Jesus

Jesus
I agree. Even more than NSW a-league.

Why doesnt the ffa create an a-league all stars. They can play a few of these big games. Keeps the interest there from supporters of other clubs. Keeps players marginally fit if needed for the roos.

Atomic

Jesus said:
I agree. Even more than NSW a-league.

Why doesnt the ffa create an a-league all stars. They can play a few of these big games. Keeps the interest there from supporters of other clubs. Keeps players marginally fit if needed for the roos.

Brilliant idea :goodpost:

Atomic

they don't have to be Aussies necessarily. Imagine if we had an abundance of international marquee players playing in the A-league and having an A-league All Star team that had all of them in it... Pretty special event in itself - regardless of who the opposition was.

Omni

skilbeck said:
RECKY said:
someone get me a Celtic shirt ....and the name on the back of said shirt will be.....

[size=10pt][size=10pt]VENNEGOOR of HESSELINK[/size][/size]
:vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy:

oh and the score 4 or 5 - blot

yep you gotta get the shirt that possibly has the longest name on the back of it in all of professional football

He abbreviates it on his jersey though.

Hmmm who to support, if it was Newcastle I'd be behind Celtic but man, Sydney V Celtic, that's a tough one.

Re. the HAL All Stars - it's what the MLS has done for years, I think they've played an MLS All Stars against Chelsea & Celtic

Jesus

Jesus
Indeed. I think an all-stars could work really well, for these high money/crowd/publicity games.

Would lead to a higher quality game too if the team goes into camp before it. Hell can even affect the type of football played in the league if the allstars were managed by one of Pims assistants. Help the top guns of the league to take another step up

Atomic

Jesus said:
Indeed. I think an all-stars could work really well, for these high money/crowd/publicity games.

Would lead to a higher quality game too if the team goes into camp before it. Hell can even affect the type of football played in the league if the allstars were managed by one of Pims assistants. Help the top guns of the league to take another step up

Yes, a nice (albeit small) piece of the puzzle. The Aussie contingent in the All-star line up would obviously be the A-league Socceroos. Any chance they get to play under Pimm's direction is invaluable - not only to them as individuals but also to Australia (for those games where we have to rely on the A-league guys to fill the vacant spots left by our European players).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred