• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCMFC HAL 12 Fixtures - 2016/17

Manny_ccm

If we play decent Football there won't be any abuse.
I'm know I'm contributing to straying off-topic... but just so it's clear to everyone doing the booing and abusing, all you are doing is alienating and pushing away families who would otherwise attend our home games.
I know in our immediate group, we went from 11 full/partial season memberships a couple of years back where the kids and wives loved the atmosphere and joining in the chants and celebration besides the YA and band, to only 2 full memberships for my mate and I last year and it was even hard for him to show up on some occasions.
Our wives and kids couldn't handle the negativity and abuse of our team and don't want to go to home games any more. We even tried moving away from the Northern end but it was hard to ignore the abuse sitting elsewhere and the atmosphere was still lost.
The common theme from our wives and the kids is that they can handle us losing but they don't want to be part of the negativity towards our team and we certainly don't want our kids growing up with that abusive mindset that seems to be prevalent in some cultures and in other codes.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I enjoy the band....
On a pointless whinge note, I think it's ridiculous that we wait until d 3 for a home game. Surely any vaguely competent football administrator would permit any club's home fans to get involved by Rd 2 at the latest...and then another 5 rounds before a home game?
If I was a conspiracy theorist I'd say that the FFA were trying to reduce our crowds to push a case for the relocation and sale of our license...

pjennings

I'm know I'm contributing to straying off-topic... but just so it's clear to everyone doing the booing and abusing, all you are doing is alienating and pushing away families who would otherwise attend our home games.
I know in our immediate group, we went from 11 full/partial season memberships a couple of years back where the kids and wives loved the atmosphere and joining in the chants and celebration besides the YA and band, to only 2 full memberships for my mate and I last year and it was even hard for him to show up on some occasions.
Our wives and kids couldn't handle the negativity and abuse of our team and don't want to go to home games any more. We even tried moving away from the Northern end but it was hard to ignore the abuse sitting elsewhere and the atmosphere was still lost.
The common theme from our wives and the kids is that they can handle us losing but they don't want to be part of the negativity towards our team and we certainly don't want our kids growing up with that abusive mindset that seems to be prevalent in some cultures and in other codes.

This seems to be a very common theme I hear. We need to remember that our demographic is not just testosterone filled teenage boys. With our small catchment we need to appeal to the whole family. People will put up with the occasional swearing from Bay 16, especially if it aimed at Newcastle, and especially if it has a bit of wit about it. I know and understand that people have paid their money and feel they are entitled to act how they want but negativity towards the team, in reality does nothing for the team, other fans or even those yelling abuse.

Wombat

I think our fans have been incredibly patient with first Moss and then Tony. Under Moss it was dire anti Football and under Tony it was calamitous defending and 4.0 floggings.
Considering what has been served up to us the lack of negativity has been remarkable.
We gone from fine dining to McDonalds nuggets rather quickly...........you can't expect people to be positive about that.
I think that if we go ok this year it will be all smiles again at Gosford Stadium.

pjennings

I think our fans have been incredibly patient with first Moss and then Tony. Under Moss it was dire anti Football and under Tony it was calamitous defending and 4.0 floggings.
Considering what has been served up to us the lack of negativity has been remarkable.
We gone from fine dining to McDonalds nuggets rather quickly...........you can't expect people to be positive about that.
I think that if we go ok this year it will be all smiles again at Gosford Stadium.

I hope so - I think that I tend to go quiet towards our players and more abusive towards the ref and the opposition. That doesn't mean I don't recognise the crap that has been served up - just that I don't want to ad to the negative feeling at the stadium. It probably also means that I hold my anger over to abuse my co-workers and kick the cat (p.s. RSPCA I don't have a cat)

style_cafe

I hope so - I think that I tend to go quiet towards our players and more abusive towards the ref and the opposition. That doesn't mean I don't recognise the crap that has been served up - just that I don't want to ad to the negative feeling at the stadium. It probably also means that I hold my anger over to abuse my co-workers and kick the cat (p.s. RSPCA I don't have a cat)
No wonder you don`t have a cat, the poor thing probably ran away cos it was sick of getting kicked.....;)

rbakersmith

The R21 F3 Derby in Newcastle's been moved as a result of the FFA putting in a 1-week break for the ACL - it's now on Sunday 26/2 at 5pm.

localpom

This seems to be a very common theme I hear. We need to remember that our demographic is not just testosterone filled teenage boys. With our small catchment we need to appeal to the whole family. People will put up with the occasional swearing from Bay 16, especially if it aimed at Newcastle, and especially if it has a bit of wit about it. I know and understand that people have paid their money and feel they are entitled to act how they want but negativity towards the team, in reality does nothing for the team, other fans or even those yelling abuse.
It's fine whinging to the guy sitting next to you about someone having a bad game. People have to remember not to get personal and that there are families about. If it's witty and not too blue then some of the banter is great. I had to get up and tell a few people last year to tone it down last season....apart from anything else it breeds really bad negativity and will lead to people not coming back. I'm not a prude and have spent seasons watching in the stands in the 80's in the UK which was pretty brutal at times. Some of the abuse aimed to Izzo in particular was a disgrace last season. It's not easy when your team is struggling but we are there to support the team.

dibo

There's a logic to the "I paid for my ticket, I can say what I want", but I don't get what it helps other than venting.

When it's coordinated it's worse, and that's the reason I don't go to the YA any more.

Wombat

It's fine whinging to the guy sitting next to you about someone having a bad game. People have to remember not to get personal and that there are families about. If it's witty and not too blue then some of the banter is great. I had to get up and tell a few people last year to tone it down last season....apart from anything else it breeds really bad negativity and will lead to people not coming back. I'm not a prude and have spent seasons watching in the stands in the 80's in the UK which was pretty brutal at times. Some of the abuse aimed to Izzo in particular was a disgrace last season. It's not easy when your team is struggling but we are there to support the team.

To be fair Izzo deserved worse than he got.......but Tony should have put us all out of our misery by dropping him.

Wombat

There's a logic to the "I paid for my ticket, I can say what I want", but I don't get what it helps other than venting.

When it's coordinated it's worse, and that's the reason I don't go to the YA any more.

What did you want them to say?.......

"Well played, that's it don't worry about defending, nice job you kept them to less than 5 goals"?

Rowdy

To be fair Izzo deserved worse than he got.......but Tony should have put us all out of our misery by dropping him.
Tony should have put Izzo out of his own misery.

The the abuse Paul copped is ALL Walmsley’s responsibillity, Bray SHOULD'VE been given his opportunity at this time
.......... BUT Walmsley waited waaaay too long & by then, Bray picked up his minor knee injury and the as the say- 'the horse had already bolted'.

Looking back now, the early calls for 'TW- Out!' were really not that unjustified and the derision many people copped for calling for his head shows how truly wrong some on here were with their hopes that 'he'd turn it around'.

Lets hope whomever the new Manager is, he has the foresight & the balls to make the necessary but hard decisions AND most importantly tell Mike Charlesworth that despite what everyone else is saying to him, he's actually 'NOT wearing any clothes" when appropriate.

style_cafe

Tony should have put Izzo out of his own misery.

The the abuse Paul copped is ALL Walmsley’s responsibillity, Bray SHOULD'VE been given his opportunity at this time
.......... BUT Walmsley waited waaaay too long & by then, Bray picked up his minor knee injury and the as the say- 'the horse had already bolted'.

Looking back now, the early calls for 'TW- Out!' were really not that unjustified and the derision many people copped for calling for his head shows how truly wrong some on here were with their hopes that 'he'd turn it around'.

Lets hope whomever the new Manager is, he has the foresight & the balls to make the necessary but hard decisions AND most importantly tell Mike Charlesworth that despite what everyone else is saying to him, he's actually 'NOT wearing any clothes" when appropriate.
Sounds like Bomber Brown is your man but would he give up a good paying job to enter the world of the unknown,fan abuse & all that comes with an A-League coaching job?

Forum Phoenix

I was a strong advocate for giving TW a lot of slack. I thought Tony had earned a second chance with his own team due to his attitude, considerable limitations and also considerable contributions to our youth program. History has me on the losing side of that argument. But I don't regret my support. However it was clear to me his position was all but untenable and after GG i just didn't see a way back for him.

Re the derision, I don't think I'm guilty of that as I can remember acknowledging he may well be a big part of the problem and people had every right to be calling for his head even while i was advocating.

I think its pretty clear though what happens in our supporter group - some supporters do take our short comings as justification to aggressively tuck in to players or coaches, they make it so personal, and some people find that approach pretty unpalatable and fear it may not just be unhelpful but damaging - which it can be.

And so can ignoring problems. I get that. most pessimists just think they're being realists. And agree when the more positive/optimist label or dismiss them as lacking morally... Not true supporters kind of line. It's unhelpful and a shitty thing to do. Just as the, you just have your head in the clubs ass or cool aid drinking type shit is.

'Most' of the time we're better than that on here. ( certainly than most internet forums) And i think its a very valuable thing if we can all call it out when it happens on here from whatever side (like the mug punters or such) and regardless of our differing opinions - we always agree on letting people argue strongly with each other without needing to resort to adhominem attacks or too much derision - and i think we can do that without having to despise each other - we often do - and that simple thing seems to be a skill fast disappearing from public discussion and debate - which personally im really f**king troubled by.

I think most of us on here know that difference of opinion is healthy and even makes for good fun. That its ok to be wrong. Or even proven wrong. And actually change your mind. We need to be able to take the piss, have some banter and a bit of black FFC style comedy and sarcasm. But I think more than half the issue is when its made too emotional - by anyone. The best critiques and arguments that are made on here are always the fact based ones or those with well supported reasoning - not the emotional rants or prophesying. Though even those can provide a good laugh and an outlet too.

Given the last two years... Really i think wombats right... things are very tame on here, but do also think we now have genuine cause to be a bit more optimistic as well and hopefully leave the misery where it belongs, in the past.

Time to shut up all the braying critics, get a few clean sheets, win some games and have something to be excited about again.

Last edited:

dibo

What did you want them to say?.......

"Well played, that's it don't worry about defending, nice job you kept them to less than 5 goals"?
It doesn't help when you do it to your teammates, it doesn't help when you do it to pros. That's my beef.

We talk about the toxic dressing room culture under Moss and Walmsley, but here's been a toxic 'supporter' culture too.

rbakersmith

Tickets are now on sale to members for all home games, including Canberra - there was an email sent out with the password.

For those interested in going to both the Canberra games, it will be cheaper to buy the 2-game packages through the membership website. With the 10% member discount, Adult reserved seats at each game are $35.60+bf while Adult GA tickets are $25.40+bf; for comparison the Adult reserved package is $60 while the Adult GA package is $40.

VicMariner

I have not posted much for the last few months (drama) but the buzz for the season ahead is rising in me....
COYf**kin'Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA Just noticed ...we have f**king shit c**t censorship now?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred