• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs WU - 3pm 7 Apr 2023

Corsair

Can you also report the minutes that McGarry and Triantis (Roux was immaculate today from memory) gave the ball away. Kaltak had a very solid game.
Don't pay too much attention to it, markers for myself because I want to go back and look at them again. Quite possible my opinion is clouding these instances so I do want to have another look in the cold light of an unemotional day.

Wombat

I enjoyed that game. We dominated from start to finish. We do some dumb things and our passing is terrible at times but we are also so dangerous and relentless.

Beni was amazing but missed two open goals. Danny was rock solid today. Tulio also missed one i would have scored but that pass to Silvera was sublime.
We didn't have a bad player tbh.
Great to see Denzil Wenzil finish expertly, he may turn out to be a really good signing.

321 later.

Swap Farrell for McGarry and that is probably our best starting 11.

midfielder

Don't think we had a poor player on the park today.... McGarry had some issues in defence ... as others have said we missed some changes....

My MOM was Sammy S, perfect cross for the first goal, and won the ball for the second goal....and ran all day and most passes were meaningful not just keep ball...

Think Jason is finding his top form again he is IMO one of the best forwards in the league as he gets back and does a lot of work many other forwards don't.

Danny seems far more relaxed with his two centre backs playing in front...

Storm is amazing me, were has this form been the last few years....

Last edited:

priorpeter

Anxiety levels through the roof for the entire second half until Denzel scored. On reflection though, we were never in any real sort of danger. A professional and well managed performance on the whole. Were we as clinical as we could or should have been? Heavens no. Were we absolutely electric and relentless? Definitely not. Did we set up well enough against a team that like to sit back and can be tough to break down? Big yes. Credit to Mont and Serg. Great to see Denzel get his goal after being written off by many, would have been tough for him doing his ankle on day 1, not an easy one to come back from and glad he wasn’t rushed.
Onto the next one.

Meerkat

Anxiety levels through the roof for the entire second half until Denzel scored. On reflection though, we were never in any real sort of danger. A professional and well managed performance on the whole. Were we as clinical as we could or should have been? Heavens no. Were we absolutely electric and relentless? Definitely not. Did we set up well enough against a team that like to sit back and can be tough to break down? Big yes. Credit to Mont and Serg. Great to see Denzel get his goal after being written off by many, would have been tough for him doing his ankle on day 1, not an easy one to come back from and glad he wasn’t rushed.
Onto the next one.
So funny.. at 80 minutes I was thinking, you know you’ve got some serious PTSD happening from many matches when you are still waiting for a F up to happen 82 mins in, 2-0 .. in our house we were pacing like cats on a hot tin roof ?

That goal by Wenzel was the first time I relaxed and cheered.. great moment. So happy for him and yes, I was one who wrongly wrote him off.

Ancient Mariner

I love the fast attacking football that is being played at a speed that is leading to play being at the edge of the ability of our players. I wish they could be more precise and clinical, but if they could be that they would probably be in Europe. As Corsair pointed out earlier if Tullio could be more consistent he has the ability to be anything. Probably true for any of our attacking players.
Frustrating that both Beni and Tullio can pull off worldies but not score when anyone else would.
At the moment Cummings is our only clinical scorer. Sammy can score great midfielder goals from the edge of the box and running on to the ball, but Cummings, Tulio and Beni are the players who consistently end up in the box, in scoring positions. I think we will see the value of DWH as a more clinical scorer and a great coup by the staff to get him. Hopefully both he and Moresche can keep their heads, keep their mouths shut and let their playing do the talking. I look forward to Theo being in better condition next year he is showing great promise.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
tad shite in the second half , but WU weren't world beaters either (at any point)
should of had about 6 but 3 will do , it got us the points......is it just me or has Mc Garry and Theosaurus dipped a bit in the past two games ?
have to say DWH goal was a bit good BUT if he ever leaves the bench to bark at another ref , Monty needs to stiff arm the silly loudmouth f**k...geez , what was that about
ANYWAY...we won , they didnt, so COYY

Yorkshire Mariners FC

So funny.. at 80 minutes I was thinking, you know you’ve got some serious PTSD happening from many matches when you are still waiting for a F up to happen 82 mins in, 2-0 .. in our house we were pacing like cats on a hot tin roof ?

That goal by Wenzel was the first time I relaxed and cheered.. great moment. So happy for him and yes, I was one who wrongly wrote him off.
I was there with you for that PTSD

Corsair

I love the fast attacking football that is being played at a speed that is leading to play being at the edge of the ability of our players. I wish they could be more precise and clinical, but if they could be that they would probably be in Europe. As Corsair pointed out earlier if Tullio could be more consistent he has the ability to be anything. Probably true for any of our attacking players.
Frustrating that both Beni and Tullio can pull off worldies but not score when anyone else would.
At the moment Cummings is our only clinical scorer. Sammy can score great midfielder goals from the edge of the box and running on to the ball, but Cummings, Tulio and Beni are the players who consistently end up in the box, in scoring positions. I think we will see the value of DWH as a more clinical scorer and a great coup by the staff to get him. Hopefully both he and Moresche can keep their heads, keep their mouths shut and let their playing do the talking. I look forward to Theo being in better condition next year he is showing great promise.
I do catch myself in these sorts of thoughts reflecting that we'd be lucky to have 1 player we expected to score for a few seasons. Now we have many sources for goals, it's a luxury we've not enjoyed for many years. All these players scoring and we've still got a striker challenging for the golden boot and the most goals ever in a season for a Mariner. Still there are plenty of us that are frustrated because we think we underperformed at times, ridiculous really. Solid 3rd with a great GD, let the good times roll.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred