• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs WU - 3pm 7 Apr 2023

JoyfulPenguin

Must have all been behind the camera because it looked like there was about 200 people at most hahaha
From being at the game there really wasn't, even the best seats weren't filled, and that was with every single seat GA.

I've seen more people there at VFL games and 10x that for an AFL pre-season games. In fact there were more people at a local Ballarat league Aussie rules game when I went past to get there.

I don't like to say negative things about clubs, especially ones trying to establish themselves, but today was dire from a crowd perspective.

Yes, the lead in to the game had hail in the local area and predicted rain and potentially thunderstorms but no professional team should have a crowd that bad. Especially in an area they don't play regularly in.

Western clearly hadn't advertised the match at all, as every Ballarat local I talked to was confused as to why I was going to Mars Stadium. It's not particular hard, or expensive, to create wall to wall advertising in a town like Ballarat.

Hopefully their stadium actually gets completed and things improve for them.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Re the crowd IMHO, every single tv provider has always puts the hard camera on the wrong side of the field , BT for example , the railway side stand has always had more people than the club side (cause that’s were we used to sit) so point the f**kin* camera at it , at the league would look like a crowd showed up

booney

WU are really a problem for the league .Possibly gilded a whole field of lilies to win their place in the comp and obviously stumped up the entrance fee but still no home ground,very small supporters base and no real club identity.So they are a basket case off the field as far as I can see but their onfield presence is more than good despite their tribulations this season.

Aloisi is a credible coach and the playing group is good A-League standard-Young,Risdon,Garuccio,Lacroix,Pierias,Pain,Wales,Prsovic,Botic and of course Diamanti.Possibly some of these players are reaching their use by date but when they get their act together can be formidable.

LFCMariners

WU are really a problem for the league .Possibly gilded a whole field of lilies to win their place in the comp and obviously stumped up the entrance fee but still no home ground,very small supporters base and no real club identity.So they are a basket case off the field as far as I can see but their onfield presence is more than good despite their tribulations this season.

Aloisi is a credible coach and the playing group is good A-League standard-Young,Risdon,Garuccio,Lacroix,Pierias,Pain,Wales,Prsovic,Botic and of course Diamanti.Possibly some of these players are reaching their use by date but when they get their act together can be formidable.
Am I the only one who keeps forgetting they're the reigning Champions- or that they've won a GF at all?

Melange

I don't mind WU. All clubs start from something even if in this case land developers are behind it. They're close to completing a football training base which includes a field with a 5000 capacity, not sure if it meets the needs of A league men's or women's matches. Then the full stadium is next. Not to the schedule they promised but they are showing commitment. Their big stuff ups, the name, the awful reasoning for their kit where the black represents tarmac - truly inspiring.

On the other hand if we consider the Bulls, wow, so much promise that has turned into a cluster fxxx

Tevor

I like many didn’t count my chickens until Denzel Wenzel scored because of the Victorian curse. Nice to get rid of that terrible record. Probably the last hangover from or ordinary 8 years.

I think we played a very smart game in tough conditions with the amount of slipping over and visible water on the pitch in certain areas. Game could have been postponed an hour to dry out to be honest. If torrential rain fell during the game it could have been unplayable.

Tulio’s pass for the first goal was great vision and with Silvera and Cumdog both knowing it was on as well and they both finished it off very professionally. Silvera has found his form again based on the last two games. Just needs another goal to reward him.

Kaltak’s pass to find Moresche for the assist for Denzel Wenzel should also get some recognition but falls short of Tulio’s masterpiece.

I was getting peeved with the commentary about how controversial Silvera’s tackle on Risdon was. I feel they had to let it go on the VAR because the slow mo showed Risdons boot go over the ball and studs up Silvera so based on this season that’s a red. Kaltak and Sasse reds for example. Also at the end of the game Risdon went through Beni and JB let it go so he was consistent with that type of tackle. I’m not a fan of JB but I’m glad he stood behind his original decision in which he was in a good position to see but I really wonder if the Risdon studs up played into the decision.

turbo

They're close to completing a football training base which includes a field with a 5000 capacity, not sure if it meets the needs of A league men's or women's matches. Then the full stadium is next.
I think even the strongest critics want the ground to be built but they aren’t necessarily expecting it to happen. Would anyone be shocked if it was training ground plus a few upgrades and call it a day? I hate to question the good name of property developers but I’m still a skeptic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred