• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs Western United round 7 (home)

Forum Phoenix

To be fair (and I am not suggesting Millicic isn’t a one-dimensional coach here), he was looking to manage his players with three games in a week and I thought he got his substitutions spot on last night. Brisbane have been on a roll and even though it wasn’t as hot up there yesterday evening, it is still a sticky place to go and play, as we well know from our previous results up there.

It will be interesting to see how the Roar go with their run of away games but we still need to maintain our momentum, or will be pegged back pretty quickly.

Rotation is fine and agree subs were effective but even then I think you’re giving him too much credit OH. I bet he wishes his first choice team could back up like ours. But as they’re not fit enough it meant he at least had a strong bench that he was always going to sub in.

But my issue is even with seven rotations, you get exactly the same ineffective brand of football. (Which I appreciate you’re not debating) take Lachlan Rose, put him in a side that moves the ball faster and or more direct and he is causing absolute nightmares. But the defence was almost never turned around when he receives the ball and always limited space and that really limited his potential.

Whereas Roar continually were able to get players into acres of space - half the time simply by running the ball, others by just a simple quick release. Mac were just lucky that game wasn’t over well before they got on the sheet with a truly superb finish.

Anyway, I just think both in attack and defence they’re a poorly coached side,

Last edited:

Big Al

First game I’ve attended since WU at home last season and i am a perfect 2 for 2 :overheadl:

The crowd was really good and as the game went on they got better. Koul’s goal got me out of my seat for the first time in a long time watching the boys and it was a great feeling. Really enjoyed it again after the last few times (last few years) just going what is going on here This sucks.

I thought WU matched our physicality really well and caused us a lot of problems. They had the height to worry us at both ends and had me thinking we in trouble.
The subs were on point but what hasn’t been discussed is the slight change in formation. Nizzy replaced Stenns and was give in more freedom to roam as we chased the game and dropped to one DM. This worked an absolute treat as we wrestled the middle of the park back and ran over the top of them. Rudan was not prepared for our little shift in formation and got killed by it.

I was talking about Niz not being a starter and this is why. It perfectly suited his game and he had more control of the middle to provide outlet passes and really take it by the neck. Our defensive structure doesn’t allow him that freedom in his preferred position at the start of games. He will more than hold his own when he comes in for suspensions and injuries.

How dam good is it watching Koul. Oh my that was a special performance. Well down to everyone involved including the crowd.
Bring on the next game

Allreet?

Yes, absolutely atrocious.
Once again we see a totally different style, quick on the whistle but slow on the cards. There is no consistency.
And as blind as a bat.
I have it on good authority that Ams uses sonar to referee games. He knows where the balls and bodies are but has trouble differentiating the shirts.

A for effort though...

Allreet?

I was talking about Niz not being a starter and this is why. It perfectly suited his game and he had more control of the middle to provide outlet passes and really take it by the neck. Our defensive structure doesn’t allow him that freedom in his preferred position at the start of games. He will more than hold his own when he comes in for suspensions and injuries.
Don't think I agree. Nizz has been one of our best this year - in fact, when I heard he was out against Wellington I was worried (and rightly so as it turned out). His tireless work in disrupting the enemy play and constantly winning the ball back has been a significant reason for where we are on the ladder. He's not bad going forward either.

Just one of several players who've gone to a new level this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami