• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs Pissants United

Ironbark

I watched this game at midnight so first viewing was on the screen, and to be frank it was an absolute rollicking.

Adelaide weren't poor, we were excellent.

If anyone watches a replay count how many opportunities we wasted. We created over and over and over. The play was creative, tricky, positive, aggressive and varied. We outnumbered and out enthused them in defence too. As soon as an Adelaide player had the ball we had 3 swamping them.

Most players stood out and played out of their skins. Special mention to Steele who was less obvious than some of the other masterpieces out there but just as amazing.

Better still, Monty has them so well drilled. Every transition in either direction and every player did exactly the right thing as a unit.

Oh and the set plays - so we'll executed and again clever.

Agreed it was 100% a red in the box and Silvera's goal should have should stood.

A beautiful game to watch.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
FMD win 4-0 against a top 4 rival and there are pages of whining about the ref again.

Yes. The referee was a disgrace (not Evans bad but same ilk)

However, we won. Take it and move on.
But FFC...the refs got all the toys to assist them and they still f**k it up , I say complain away

Allreet?

Magnificent game. I was also directly behind Gauci for the fifth and thought if he was distracted by anyone it was his own defender - poor decision.

Impossible to pick a MOTM - so many great performances - any of Nizz, Kaltak, Tulio, Beni or Silvera could have had it.

Forum Phoenix

I watched this game at midnight so first viewing was on the screen, and to be frank it was an absolute rollicking.

Adelaide weren't poor, we were excellent.

If anyone watches a replay count how many opportunities we wasted. We created over and over and over. The play was creative, tricky, positive, aggressive and varied. We outnumbered and out enthused them in defence too. As soon as an Adelaide player had the ball we had 3 swamping them.

Most players stood out and played out of their skins. Special mention to Steele who was less obvious than some of the other masterpieces out there but just as amazing.

Better still, Monty has them so well drilled. Every transition in either direction and every player did exactly the right thing as a unit.

Oh and the set plays - so we'll executed and again clever.

Agreed it was 100% a red in the box and Silvera's goal should have should stood.

A beautiful game to watch.

Agree re our efforts, but from the first whistle Adelaide surprised me. They looked downright sluggish or lazy. We were able to move the ball with ease. They also hit a lot of poor passes etc . Not trying to take away from our performance but they definitely looked poor to me.

Last edited:

Allreet?

Agree re our efforts, but from the first whistle Adelaide surprised me. The looked downright sluggish or lazy. We were able to move the ball with ease. They also hit a lot of poor passes etc . Not trying to take away from our performance but they definitely looked poor to me.
I also expected better from them and they did have their moments in the first 20... but from the moment we scored there was only one team in it. We didn't let them play. The send off just confirmed it.

Tevor

Agree re our efforts, but from the first whistle Adelaide surprised me. The looked downright sluggish or lazy. We were able to move the ball with ease. They also hit a lot of poor passes etc . Not trying to take away from our performance but they definitely looked poor to me.
They haven’t won on the coast since 2019, they clearly don’t travel to the coast very well. Nor do we do well in Adelaide unfortunately. Isasis was a huge blow for them as he does a mountain of work and organising for them, the worst player they could lose in my opinion. It was all over when that red came out. Liked how Monty gave a lot of young players some valuable minutes when we could easily afford to. Good player management.

booney

The Adelaide striker Ibusuki hardly touched the ball and was well marshalled by Kaltak and Triantis.Goodwin also had very little impact-credit to Aquilina,Silvera and Roux.

Their No 10 Zac Clough looked their best player in the first 30 minutes or so but then faded and Nizzy and Steele controlled the midfield.What a good game young Harry played-we are lucky to have him,Balard,Bayliss all able to partner Nizzy at the base of thew midfield and Triantis and Hall also able to step up to that position when required.

Forum Phoenix

There was something not right about them.
No one passing to Halloran, Goodwin just screaming and moaning at everyone.
When our 1st went in there were 2 or 3 groups arguing with each other.
Trouble behind the scenes maybe?
Yeah ? Something was off. Think you’ve probably nailed it. Canraderie wasn’t evident. Too many dick heads in the side? I mean this is the coach who elected Mauk as his captain…

Meerkat

I thought it interesting /amusing that Adelaide didn’t even post a line up for yesterdays match.. nothing at half time. Literally no acknowledgement of the game until it was over which no doubt was with serious reluctance. Really odd.. it was like a foreboding.

style_cafe

Full credit for them not passing to Halloran has to go to Farrell. He gave him a fe nudges early and creamed him a few times .Halloran didnt want anything to do with him after that.Farrell was to sharp tenacious and tough for him

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Internal trouble ?..works for me ... Senior Detective Veart of the Dope Squad would be enough to make you argue with your team mates

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred