• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM to get Sheffield's top youngsters

Andy

Sound's good:

Sheffield Utd to send top kids to Central Coast Mariners
tribalfooball.com - March 09, 2008

Sheffield United chairman Kevin McCabe has opened the door to immediately sending their top youngsters to Australian partnership club Central Coast Mariners.

Revealing that he held talks with three other Australian clubs before striking a deal with Mariners, McCabe told the Sheffield Star: "If the co-operative agreement (with Mariners) works then it will see us bring their better players to the UK.

"But in other instances, where there may be problems with passports and the like, we can place them with another of our clubs in Europe.

"We could also send some of our star academy players to the Mariners. Because they are the top team in Australia that might give our player better value than sending them to a lower-league team in this country or elsewhere.

"We will see action in the near future but obviously, when you speak of benefits, it is difficult to put a time scale on things."

mariners4ever

well when i was listening to the interview with lyall of todays press conference, he said that there was talks to have 2 mariners players play over in england for the last 10 games of uniteds season

tyson

Omni said:
I like the "because they're the top team in Australia" line.

The guy obviously knows who we are and what we are about. He is spot on with his comment.

dibo

baggiesman, you've discovered one of the reasons why i don't read tribalfootball ;)

S

soccersensei

Awesome. Now thats the stuff I love to hear.
Cheers Andy.
:goodpost:

midfielder

Andy

What wonderful news, ...........to me this reads............Australias best juniors nay players want to play for the Mariners..............why.................because you get to go to Europe and showcase yourself.

To Australia they will be sending their best juniors, ..........heaven some of the best juniors from the UK.

Mate................they (the Marniers) are making me dream.

Good on all involved who got this off the ground, ..................Makes me Dream.

In this world having dreams is .............well............much better than having none.

Ripper you little beauty.

:pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

Paolo

midfielder said:
Andy

What wonderful news, ...........to me this reads............Australias best juniors nay players want to play for the Mariners..............why.................because you get to go to Europe and showcase yourself.

To Australia they will be sending their best juniors, ..........heaven some of the best juniors from the UK.

Good on all involved who got this off the ground, ..................Makes me Dream.

In this world having dreams is .............well............much better than having none.

See, to me it reads......
"We are going to have first dibs on all your best players and in return you can have our youth league players who arn't good enough to cut it over hear and if they do improve we will take them back off you"

marinermick

Viva vukovic said:
this is mad news fricken awesome

more mad news

as part of our deal with the worldwide sheffield family we get third dibs on a player from the sao paolo academy

sheffield get the first two

that means that every single season we will get a brazilian that will be hands down better than any brazilian that has graced the a-league - with the exception of juninho

not likely to happen this season but from next season onwards

Jesus

Jesus
Yeah, i think it will help us attract australian players who want to have a go in europeat some stage.
As well as giving us chances to sign players from different regions.

I am thinking this will be positive

Omni

keensy said:
midfielder said:
Andy

"We are going to have first dibs on all your best players and in return you can have our youth league players who arn't good enough to cut it over hear and if they do improve we will take them back off you"

Yea, it's almost like the English League is better than the A-League!

Jesus

Jesus
Omni said:
keensy said:
midfielder said:
Andy

Yea, it's almost like the English League is better than the A-League!

Lets not jump to conclusions

S

soccersensei

Can we conclude to jumping?

Marinermick, sick, wicked, mad assed news indeed ;D
(Though Foster almost makes me feel like having a no Brazilian policy)

S

soccersensei

Greenpoleffc said:
soccersensei said:

Damn - wish someone had told me this BEFORE the waxing :)
:piralaugh:

bikinigirl said:
Greenpoleffc said:
soccersensei said:

Damn - wish someone had told me this BEFORE the waxing :)

. but don't you feel liberated? .... it is quite empowering ....

Feel free to elaborate further  ;) (Bikini girl, not you GREENPOLE!!!  ;D)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred