• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

midfielder

This was a very targeted ad... given what 10 are doing for Football... for me this is a non issue... 10 had a demographic in mind ....

pjennings

This was a very targeted ad... given what 10 are doing for Football... for me this is a non issue... 10 had a demographic in mind ....

I actually don't have too much of a problem with it and I'm sure that we will feature in the future. They are targeting the large markets with the clubs and then need to fit in the AL Women, the Socceroos, fans and casual football. All that in 100 seconds is pretty hard. The fact that they dropped us, virtually dropped the scum, Adelaide and Macarthur meant they could spend more time on Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane,

But a viral response ad would appeal to existing A-League fans that already follow the competition and Marvin would have to be the most recognizable mascot.

Big Al

So nobody on the coast needs the ad and no body in the big cities should be looking for an alternative team?

Some people pick teams off colour or names or players.

They should have either gone full street or all teams.

In today’s political bullshit they should of had all W League (yes that’s deliberate) teams as well instead of just MV.

Putting in Matildas is there out on that one

Just dumb mistakes

Ben10

Really liked the ad, thought it was probably the best one since the start of the A-League way back. And 10 have said they're approaching it how they approached the BBL which is fans first, just a shame that most of that population fits into the major cities and not the Coast :(

We'll just have to win a trophy and force our way into the next cut!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I actually don't have too much of a problem with it and I'm sure that we will feature in the future. They are targeting the large markets with the clubs and then need to fit in the AL Women, the Socceroos, fans and casual football. All that in 100 seconds is pretty hard. The fact that they dropped us, virtually dropped the scum, Adelaide and Macarthur meant they could spend more time on Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane,

But a viral response ad would appeal to existing A-League fans that already follow the competition and Marvin would have to be the most recognizable mascot.
Except that clubs like WU and even the Nix got on there multiple times. So, I'm actually not buying the 'there wasn't enough time' line.

pjennings

Except that clubs like WU and even the Nix got on there multiple times. So, I'm actually not buying the 'there wasn't enough time' line.
WU is for all intents and purposes another Melbourne club and Wellington is representing a country - both large markets. We will have plenty to be upset about this season (as usual). Rather than a problem I see this as an opportunity.

I just think this is one that we shouldn't worry about too much - especially if we can turn it around with our own viral marketing targeting our own area. It it gets on the internet and then gets mentioned on NBN I could imagine HYBPA picking up on it on channel 10. Matty could be the guest questioner!! That way we would get better exposure than 5 seconds in the ad,

Avoca

I’ve seen the promotion a few times, & although some edits are rapid fast, I’ve counted how many times various clubs are featured, per shot.

Sydney FC: 7

City & Victory: 5

Western United: 4

WSW, Macarthur, Reds: 3

Roar, Glory, Phoenix: 2

Jets: 1

Us: We’re above & beyond the ad. Concentrating more on the premiership, thank you.

midfielder

I think this is in reference to a digital site - if it isn't then not sure what it is in reference to.
Shaun

DT said APL have invested 30 million in a digital site... so my question is is it the current A-L hub site or is a new site or a big upgrade on the existing site...

Pirate Pete

Join us for Family Day this Saturday!​

Bit short notice really. I'll be working. Can't make it.
-aoBBQ3p92k2RvjaYfsc9ycIqANrV3bxKeGlc6L_X9wtp0klW9wgbwhUPZsXCC60wOFDF1wJPK_lJbt1Tc_hBiHexrXtEIEUEYQhF1l7Wm_7MMSOs0FdGAV5jvVXpeVaZUoom92p0jWS-sViK8Dr2oNpWqZ3zQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max Clark