• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan

I received the email from the club today regarding reduced capacity. In the email Shaun alluded to the $20 upgrade option but there was no link to it. How do you go about taking up this offer?

Pirate Pete

Morning Shaun.

Regarding the members draw.

Some of us rush from work to get to the ground. I got in just before kick off.
Would it be a problem publishing the number and allowing people to claim the prize later.
Like putting it up on the screen at half time.
I realise you have to be at the game to claim the prize.
But you can check if a members pass has been used to gain entry.

marinermick

Morning Shaun.

Would it be a problem publishing the number and allowing people to claim the prize later.

Noticed the number was 270. Must have been a foundation member.

Shaun Mielekamp

Morning Shaun.

Hey Pirate Pete
I will revisit it with the crew and get everyones thoughts - a part of this promo was to reward and encourage members to get to the game and be there when the draw happens. But I think we can see how things can be improved here.
Just wanted to also take this chance to thanks everyone for coming along last night. Didn't get the result but the crowd and home ground advantage you created was brilliant.

Pirate Pete

Hey Pirate Pete
I will revisit it with the crew and get everyones thoughts - a part of this promo was to reward and encourage members to get to the game and be there when the draw happens. But I think we can see how things can be improved here.
Just wanted to also take this chance to thanks everyone for coming along last night. Didn't get the result but the crowd and home ground advantage you created was brilliant.
Thanks Shaun.
Yes I realise the sticking point is people actually being at the game.

midfielder

Shaun

You may have already done this... if so just ignore...

I have long believed the growth in Football will occur not by connecting to NSL bitters nor Euro Snobs but to that 80 % to 85% of the player base that does not connect to the A-League compared to RL, Union, AFL & cricket where is about 85% of the player base watch the sport they play i.e. ratings...

Meaning IMO connecting to the associations is the way to grow the game which was proved by The Northern Spirit & PG in the old NSL & the Jerks over the years...

To this end... Marnier TV is excellent ...but its views and subscription numbers are low especially for both the quality and topics...

Is it possible via CCA to get a message out to the player base with links back to Mariner TV... It really is that good...

As I said maybe you already have ...

turbo

Meaning IMO connecting to the associations is the way to grow the game which was proved by The Northern Spirit & PG in the old NSL & the Jerks over the years...
As long as COVID rules allow, and I think they have recently shifted in the right direction - its time get players in to schools while we have some momentum and connecting to local clubs as the grass roots season approaches.

Coastalraider

Hi Shaun,

Just to go over a couple of things in other threads - obviously you are bound by confidentiality etc, but has the upswing in performance helped at all with potential sale of the club, or is Mike starting to reconsider with the new league ownership etc?

And most importantly, given the current state of any potential sale proceedings, how does that affect our immediate contract negotiations? There are obvious upgrade/extensions desirable for many players and the coach, is this something that can be done now or is it also in a holding pattern until a sale is completed?

And also congrats to you and the head office team, its been a very lean few years, I firstly hope you are all enjoying the moment, and secondly hope there is a viable path to keep this squad together so we can all enjoy competitiveness for a lot longer yet.

pjennings

Just saw on the news that Brisbane is now the hot favourite for the 2032 Olympics. Given that we got virtually no Football legacy from the 2000 Olympics this will be an opportunity for the FA to lobby for upgrades / new stadiums.

I'm not talking about Qld that will host matches at the Olympic site and probably Lang Park. (except maybe smaller stadiums for tram bases). I'm talking about the early rounds where groups will be around the country and smaller stadiums for base camps around the country.

e.g. Team XI, upgrade to Campbelltown, Hobart, larger rectangular stadiums in Adelaide and Perth, the Civic stadium? Small stadium at Tuggerah for a team base

midfielder

Shaun

Now the clubs control the league and if the media reports I have read are correct the SFC CEO is doing the broadcast negotiations and the clubs have always said when in charge they will accelerate and increase marketing of the league...

For the first season in a long time the Football media seem to be saying good things about the league...

Shaun, can you advise anything you maybe aware of were marketing and promotion will increase and is the SFC CEO handling the broadcast negotiations as I would have tho it would have been GOR..

Shaun Mielekamp

Shaun

Now the clubs control the league and if the media reports I have read are correct the SFC CEO is doing the broadcast negotiations and the clubs have always said when in charge they will accelerate and increase marketing of the league...

For the first season in a long time the Football media seem to be saying good things about the league...

Shaun, can you advise anything you maybe aware of were marketing and promotion will increase and is the SFC CEO handling the broadcast negotiations as I would have tho it would have been GOR..
Hey Midfielder

Danny Townsend is a director of APL and overseeing the newly appointed commercial staff who were at the game last night. They will go very quiet for a few weeks whilst they get right into the nitty gritty of negotiations.

Greg O'Rourke has had a title change and is take the league commissioner and focusses on all operational delivery - such as dealing with refs about wet weather pitches! This is so that there is a dedicated resource on teh broadcast rather than a distracted one having to worry about VAR decisions in Adelaide and then negotiating with major broadcasters.

I hope this helps?

Shaun Mielekamp

A couple of other things too Shaun.
Although I'm not sure if you're able to or don't want to comment.
WSW seem to be spending a lot on players this season.
Is there any policing of the salary cap?

Someone mentioned the other day that the council are selling tickets to boxes for sporting events at the stadium. What's the go with this?
https://www.centralcoaststadium.com.au/corporate-info
Yeh look I have as many questions as anyone about other teams rosters but you never know what is in a confidential contract and things like back ended deals and free loans are things that happen.

All I can say is that the league have a dedicated person who has visability on all contracts and each club CEO has to sign legal stat dec on the reported salary figured which is a criminal offence to breach the stat dec.

Yes council are using the assets they have available to run promos and sell a limited membership package from - its a great idea by them I wish I had thought of it? Oh wait....

Shaun Mielekamp

Hi Shaun,

Just to go over a couple of things in other threads - obviously you are bound by confidentiality etc, but has the upswing in performance helped at all with potential sale of the club, or is Mike starting to reconsider with the new league ownership etc?

And most importantly, given the current state of any potential sale proceedings, how does that affect our immediate contract negotiations? There are obvious upgrade/extensions desirable for many players and the coach, is this something that can be done now or is it also in a holding pattern until a sale is completed?

And also congrats to you and the head office team, its been a very lean few years, I firstly hope you are all enjoying the moment, and secondly hope there is a viable path to keep this squad together so we can all enjoy competitiveness for a lot longer yet.
Hey sorry its taken me forever to get on here to reply - been a bit busy :)
No it has not had an affect to be honest and no Mike has not changed his position. The key aspect is the broadcast rights - it is impossible to think anyone will purchase a club now not knowing of the broadcast deal will generate $2-$5M per club next year or if it will actually even exist and the owners would have to fund everything. So it is a bit of a holding pattern right now to be fair.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Hey sorry its taken me forever to get on here to reply - been a bit busy :)
No it has not had an affect to be honest and no Mike has not changed his position. The key aspect is the broadcast rights - it is impossible to think anyone will purchase a club now not knowing of the broadcast deal will generate $2-$5M per club next year or if it will actually even exist and the owners would have to fund everything. So it is a bit of a holding pattern right now to be fair.
I think all of us are hugely appreciate to Mike that he's doing the right thing by us, even though he's trying to get out. Glad to see he hasn't bailed, like we've seen from other clubs. I would imagine that stability has helped a lot this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami