• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club PT 2

StensnessGOAT

I just went into the club to pick up something from the office, saw the boys were training so I went across to have a look, go see my team train. Innocently I pulled out my phone to send a Snapchat to my girlfriend who I bring along to games when she’s available and show her I’m watching the boys train. Anyway I got absolutely ambushed by one of the assistant coaches for filming, took my phone, made me delete it and just wasn’t very nice about it. Lucky he called me back a couple of minutes later to say that he recognised me from sitting with him watching a game recently and like it’s just for legal reasons and like lucky he recognised me as a fan and whatnot otherwise there would’ve been trouble. Which made it feel a bit better but like it still wasn’t a very pleasant experience as one of the club’s more passionate members who innocently walked over to watch his team train with starry eyes. I’m doing my best to not take it personally and like they’re just doing their job, but way to make one of your most passionate members feel like he isn’t a part of the club, especially such a small club that needs as many fans as possible. Like lucky I’m already a rusted on fan and I won’t lose sleep over it and I’m sure the weird feeling will go away by Sunday but like f**king hell, be careful how you treat your fans. Imagine I was just some random Coastie who went to the doctor and saw them training so went over to have a look, way to turn me off supporting the club. f**king hell.

I guess this is why they say to never meet your heroes though...

Last edited:

AuzDutchy

I just went into the club to pick up something from the office, saw the boys were training so I went across to have a look, go see my team train. Innocently I pulled out my phone to send a Snapchat to my girlfriend who I bring along to games when she’s available and show her I’m watching the boys train. Anyway I got absolutely ambushed by one of the assistant coaches for filming, took my phone, made me delete it and just wasn’t very nice about it. Lucky he called me back a couple of minutes later to say that he recognised me from sitting with him watching a game recently and like it’s just for legal reasons and like lucky he recognised me as a fan and whatnot otherwise there would’ve been trouble. Which made it feel a bit better but like it still wasn’t a very pleasant experience as one of the club’s more passionate members who innocently walked over to watch his team train with starry eyes. I’m doing my best to not take it personally and like they’re just doing their job, but way to make one of your most passionate members feel like he isn’t a part of the club, especially such a small club that needs as many fans as possible. Like lucky I’m already a rusted on fan and I won’t lose sleep over it and I’m sure the weird feeling will go away by Sunday but like f**king hell, be careful how you treat your fans. Imagine I was just some random Coastie who went to the doctor and saw them training so went over to have a look, way to turn me off supporting the club. f**king hell.

Devils advocate

Id want our coaches to be vigilant about this, how many opposition scouts would be lurking around ?

You're talking about peoples jobs depending on results, and any edge we can have over opposition, we should have

In saying all of that, i could easily get better footage with my cheap drone and nobody could stop me ?‍♂️

style_cafe

I`ve had the exact opposite mate.
I go there to watch them train once in a while and have always been made to feel welcome.(Covid being the exception.)
i`ve had Matty, Monty ,Nizzy etc all come over and say hi.
I`m amazed by the above actually as it`s so out of character... :popcorn:

Big Al

Exactly they didn’t recognize you and acted appropriately because you had your phone recording.

Once they worked out you weren’t a threat and a member they apologized.

Move on and appreciate that. Gesture. They could easily have just ignored you. So they must have felt bad.

Leave the phone in the pocket or ask next time

Corsair

I wouldn't take it personally at all. With Garang having signed for NUFC, who knows what constraints might have been imposed for control of media presence. You're a Pap for all they know. Maybe one of the boys is carrying an injury and they didn't want that made public before the derby, could be any number of reasons. Maybe you didn't shower for the last 3 days and smell like a scummer :poo: Great that he recognized you after though! I think Al is on the money, just ask for permission next time.

StensnessGOAT

Move on and appreciate that. Gesture. They could easily have just ignored you. So they must have felt bad.

Leave the phone in the pocket or ask next time
Well yeah obviously I know not to film now...

Everyone Snapchat’s everything these days though, like it’s an easy mistake to make. Imagine I was a potential new fan or someone who was trying to get into it. Way to burn a fan for behaving normally. Easily could’ve just come up to me and asked me who I am and asked me to delete it instead of ambushing me.

Like I get why you can’t film it and like I would’ve been more than happy to delete it if asked. I love the team and would do anything for the team to get them any advantage possible. So that wasn’t really the problem, it’s more the way I got ambushed and hounded. I know this staff member is an intense dude but like they full on threatened me if they saw me recording again that they’d be “after me”. Like f**king hell mate I’m giving my time and money to watch and support you every season.

It was made a bit better by calling me back afterwards but like I’m just lucky I sat with him a couple of weeks earlier or god knows what would’ve happened because I wouldn’t have been recognised. May have had to really fight to get my phone back. Imagine a new fan getting treated like that, bloody hell.

StensnessGOAT

Like it's not the end of the world, the weird feeling will be gone by Sunday I'm sure and this dude actually called me a proper fan while I was sitting with him the other week and he apologised, but still be careful how you treat your fans for those that are less rusted on than me!

Big Al

Well yeah obviously I know not to film now...

Everyone Snapchat’s everything these days though, like it’s an easy mistake to make. Imagine I was a potential new fan or someone who was trying to get into it. Way to burn a fan for behaving normally. Easily could’ve just come up to me and asked me who I am and asked me to delete it instead of ambushing me.

Like I get why you can’t film it and like I would’ve been more than happy to delete it if asked. I love the team and would do anything for the team to get them any advantage possible. So that wasn’t really the problem, it’s more the way I got ambushed and hounded. I know this staff member is an intense dude but like they full on threatened me if they saw me recording again that they’d be “after me”. Like f**king hell mate I’m giving my time and money to watch and support you every season.

It was made a bit better by calling me back afterwards but like I’m just lucky I sat with him a couple of weeks earlier or god knows what would’ve happened because I wouldn’t have been recognised. May have had to really fight to get my phone back. Imagine a new fan getting treated like that, bloody hell.
I understand especially for todays younger fans if it wasn’t filmed it didn’t happen but you might have stumbled on something sensitive and they reacted. A coach is more interested in the sensitivity of what was filmed than who is a fan.

learning moment probably for both parties. Yeah they could have been nicer but was good they came up after the incident.

Insertnamehere

I was watching an ESPN thing on the Savnnah Bananas. A baseball team in the US. They sell out games and have a waitlist to buy tickets. Been so successful they don't even play in a league anymore.

They have some wild ideas around fan engagement, stuff I think the club could absolutely harness to seperate our teams entertainment from other clubs and the standard model.

Tevor

I was watching an ESPN thing on the Savnnah Bananas. A baseball team in the US. They sell out games and have a waitlist to buy tickets. Been so successful they don't even play in a league anymore.

They have some wild ideas around fan engagement, stuff I think the club could absolutely harness to seperate our teams entertainment from other clubs and the standard model.
Can you elaborate?

Omni

The Bananas work specifically because they’re a barnstorming team. They were not well liked at first. They actually changed how baseball is played to focus on entertainment rather than the traditional rules. A lot focused on speeding up the game.
I like a lot of what the Bananas do. I just don’t know how well it translates to football, a lot of their engagement hinges on stoppages. That said, some things to learn about being successful in a small market and building a strong brand. The Bananas are helped by being unique in a unique city like Savannah.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami