• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

pinklady

I've been told by people who played with him that Silvera wasn't a big ego and a nice guy.
DRD did come back cocky from tournaments etc and didn't fit the 'all for one' culture that dominates at ccm now.
Again, as told to me by other players around them so perspective is a big part there and I can't be certain how fair either assessment is
Pretty much on the money Waspish - although Silvera's problem wasn't really ego - he just had the wrong people giving him an inflated opinion of his ability. He would've been a lot more successful had he come to CCM on a NYL contract and then earned his promotion to the senior team (like Kuol) and properly managed instead of getting ahead of himself and being hailed as the Messiah. Off the field he was fairly well liked but there was still the perception that he'd been given a bit of a free ride.
Your comments on DRD are spot on - probably erring on the side of diplomacy!

true believer

Looks like Silvera and DRD who both had tons of talent but even bigger egos will end up on the scrapheaps of lower league semiprofessional football-what a waste!!
give me a kuol , bouman or tonyik any day .
gee if the poddie ever get janota on . i'd like him to describe what polish 5th division is like

Michael

Only just across this DRD news. I spoke with the kid plenty of times before he left us and like a few others thought he’d be brilliant and wouldn’t have any issue finding a decent level should he leave the country and admittedly (and horrifically off the mark) pretty critical of Staj for not doing more to keep him. I am an absolute fool.
Whoever is advising this kid, let’s be honest probably a family member, has no idea. To think that would look good on your CV going forward. Dear god, it’s laughable.
I’m sure if he wanted week in week out starting football he could’ve accepted our contract and had a plan in place to go on loan somewhere. Exactly what the club have done for Matty Cahill, who scored on his pro debut in Hong Kong.
it’s a shame but I now firmly agree that DRD has a horrific attitude that will kill his career before it gets close to starting.

if he knuckled down like alou, smylie, casella, Stens, niz, balard and the host of others in this golden crop he could be reaping HUGE career rewards.

Ironbark

I guess in fairness to DRD - attitude aside - at the time he decided to try his luck elsewhere we were consistently the worst team around (mostly). As a career prospect/step not totally ideal...

That was a short then ago.

He must be shaking his head in disbelief now

pinklady

Whoever is advising this kid, let’s be honest probably a family member, has no idea. To think that would look good on your CV going forward. Dear god, it’s laughable.
He is still listed with Republic Sports Management - Paddy Dominguez - who also represents Aaron Mooy, Luke Wilshire, Jamie McLaren, Brett Holman, Roy O'Donovan, and a host of others. He also represents Ruon Tongyik.

The only reason I can think of is that an European based Olyroos squad has games in March against Brazil and Egypt in Saudi Arabia. Dominguez has said sign with whoever will give you game time in the next few weeks and I will make sure Arnie gives you a call up to the squad. Given the number of formerly European based players who have come back to Australia to be under the nose of the national coach and get game time regularly (Boumann, Folami etc), he probably has more of a chance of being called up for those games than he would have had he stayed here.

Michael

Not sure if this counts as conquering the world, but Jacob Melling is playing for terrigal first grade now.
Finally found his level.

midfielder

That is the dumbest move in the history of football.
To go from starting with the Mariners to basically part-time football in Poland is just plain stupid.
Who the f**k is advising this kid?
Basically a talent wasted,never to be seen again.
I hope he has a decent copy of his 2 goals from last year as they will be the highlight of his career...:popcorn:
I am unsure who it was but someone grabbed Matty Ryan and outlined him how to move to Europe and then put him in contact with people who could help him.... Paul Okon & I think Robbie Slatter helped Matty and he also got some sound advise from the players union...

When I look at Musty, Rogic I kinda feel they went straight to big clubs and it has not worked for them...

Player agent sometimes wave big club flags or trials ... player ego's kick in and they compare themselves in NPL matches against standards they will never face in Europe as their guide...

Sometimes kids need someone to map out a plan like Matty and many other Socceroo's as well...

Michael

I am unsure who it was but someone grabbed Matty Ryan and outlined him how to move to Europe and then put him in contact with people who could help him.... Paul Okon & I think Robbie Slatter helped Matty and he also got some sound advise from the players union...

When I look at Musty, Rogic I kinda feel they went straight to big clubs and it has not worked for them...

Player agent sometimes wave big club flags or trials ... player ego's kick in and they compare themselves in NPL matches against standards they will never face in Europe as their guide...

Sometimes kids need someone to map out a plan like Matty and many other Socceroo's as well...

That’s a great point. Aside from the last few months, maty really did do it perfectly.
tough spell at Valencia but bounced back massively at Brighton
Still years ahead of him too.

Michael

Ollie was also very smart in his European adventure, Luzern were a very decent boutique club in a good league and he did very well there. And was at hearts for the most part in a good period and was a big player for them. Easily could’ve stayed in Europe at a good level instead of coming back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami