• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCF Open Day

marinermick

The CCF has asked me to pass on details of their open day so here goes:

Sunday 14 March
Pluim Park
starting at 12pm

- free jumping castle
- free super slide
- free face painting
- giveaways such as footballs, waterbottle and more
- sponsor stands
- food and beverage available including bar
- star-fm live broadcast
- Preseason Cup Finals at 2pm and 4pm
- Marvin
- Mariners to sign autographs

Gazer

marinermick said:

Sunday 14 March
Pluim Park
starting at 12pm

Mick,
As this is supposed to be a family day I am concerned that a bar will be running. Might be a money spinner for CCF, (and I am most assuredly not a tea-totler), but surely on a family day a bar could be dispensed with. If a person cannot do without grog for a couple of hours and CCF cannot do without their bar profits for one day both must surely have problems.
Whilst the Sharks are out I still like the old Association Cup concept and like to see all games where possible. Missed today due to family commitments but was intending to bring the kids next week. Now having second thoughts. In the past it has been bad with people getting drunk elsewhere and coming to the ground but now it is too easy.
You appear to have an "in" with the CCF. Please ask them to reconsider.
John.

J

jiggles

A beer or two will do no harm.

It's not the atmosphere to get plastered in, and most people will accept that.

But my main question....

How super is the slide?

Gazer

poko said:
A beer or two will do no harm.

It's not the atmosphere to get plastered in, and most people will accept that.

Poko
Are you those one of who did not object to obccene language and behaviour being used last Sunday afternoon in front of children despite objections and complaints being lodged at "offcial" table.
Problem was no CCF action was taken. Sorry, but whilst a beer or two may do no harm, several do.
John
John

Gazer

Poko
Are you those one of who did not object to obccene language and behaviour being used last Sunday afternoon in front of children despite objections and complaints being lodged at "offcial" table.
Problem was no CCF action was taken. Sorry, but whilst a beer or two may do no harm, several do.
John
John

FFC Mariner

Gazer,

I actually tend to agree on the language.

(those who know me can stop laughing too)

Football is a place where you will hear bad language and I have no problem in the right context but the swearing on Saturday was gratuitous and seemed to be for the sake of it.

Naughty boys shouting "f**k" to get noticed isnt really fan culture and a place like Pluim on a sunny Saturday with a handful of people around is hardly the place.

Was embarrassing rather than offensive though.

Having said that. If you go to football and want to avoid swearing you might want to think about ear plugs :)

marinermick

Gazer said:
marinermick said:

Sunday 14 March
Pluim Park
starting at 12pm

Mick,
As this is supposed to be a family day I am concerned that a bar will be running. Might be a money spinner for CCF, (and I am most assuredly not a tea-totler), but surely on a family day a bar could be dispensed with. If a person cannot do without grog for a couple of hours and CCF cannot do without their bar profits for one day both must surely have problems.
Whilst the Sharks are out I still like the old Association Cup concept and like to see all games where possible. Missed today due to family commitments but was intending to bring the kids next week. Now having second thoughts. In the past it has been bad with people getting drunk elsewhere and coming to the ground but now it is too easy.
John.

Was just asked to pass the info on. Have nothing to do with the CCF, their opinions or their operations.

J

jiggles

Gazer said:
Poko
John
John

I have zero idea what you are talking about.

So, was not me.

Randomly swearing to get noticed isn't cool. But really, at ANY sport you are going to hear a few people swearing...you can't avoid it. Unless, like FFC says, you bring ear plugs. Or ask your doctor to remove your eardrums etc.

marinermick

I am sure whatever swearing that was going on was far less than the players were dolling out.

Matt Crowell was a machine the week before.

Chimmi

Super slide....jumping castles .....I really miss being a kid sometimes!! Aside from that looks like an awesome day out - good work CCF.

adz

Staff member
This....
marinermick said:
I am sure whatever swearing that was going on was far less than the players were dolling out.

Gazer I hope you lodged an official complaint about the players swearing too.

priorpeter

adz said:
This....
marinermick said:

Gazer I hope you lodged an official complaint about the players swearing too.

Shane Huke uses words I've never even heard before...

bilo

Gazer said:
marinermick said:

Sunday 14 March
Pluim Park
starting at 12pm

Mick,
John.

Gazer,

I was there two out of the three days of the cup and didnt see one drunk person, just a group of people having a beer enjoying watching the football.  It appears this time CCF did it right.  They have two security guards and a roped off area where you have to have a beer.  seems like its ok to me.

Bilo

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred