• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCF CIRCA 2010

Sym

What really grinds my gears, is this 'if one game in your division is canned for the weekend all are' rule. Beyond lame

WELL INFORMED

Sym said:
What really grinds my gears, is this 'if one game in your division is canned for the weekend all are' rule. Beyond lame

Not a CCF decision, was put to a vote at a meeting of all clubs in January. Fair enough your club or my club may not have voted for the proposal but that is how it works, majority rules.

Hope we don't get too many  wet weekends or we may see teams only playing 13 or 14 games.Then  again that was the case last year for a few teams.

This rule may make clubs a bit keener to keep their field open knowing that they can wipe out 6 or 7 competitions in one hit if they close their  ground. Going to be an interesting year!!

Sym

Fair nuff
I'd play in rain if I had my way
I'll have to be head of CCF or something one day.

Alicia

I agree with the washouts not being replayed is a tad annoying..  Especially if say 4 or 5 games washed out, you _should_ be able to get a portion of your fee's back.

I'm not registered this year, so shouldn't really complain.  But I did pay rego last year, got injured after 6 games, and didn't play again.  I know a shed a slight tear when I realised i'd paid $275 for 6 games.

Also, interesting question was posed today, what happens if there are four or 5 games in your round, only one game goes ahead and in that game someone is red carded, all others are washed out and the whole round is treated as a wash out.  If that round technically doesn't count, is the card carried over?

WELL INFORMED

Alicia said:
I agree with the washouts not being replayed is a tad annoying..  Especially if say 4 or 5 games washed out, you _should_ be able to get a portion of your fee's back.

I'm not registered this year, so shouldn't really complain.  But I did pay rego last year, got injured after 6 games, and didn't play again.  I know a shed a slight tear when I realised i'd paid $275 for 6 games.

Also, interesting question was posed today, what happens if there are four or 5 games in your round, only one game goes ahead and in that game someone is red carded, all others are washed out and the whole round is treated as a wash out.  If that round technically doesn't count, is the card carried over?

Yeh great idea, get some idiot on the field who gets a red for breaking someones leg  and the whole round gets washed out. Yeh good idea to let him play next week. Was that a "BLOND" question?

J

jiggles

It's spelt "blonde".
Just sayin'.

And common sense would say he shouldn't play the next week...but like she said...if the whole round is treated as a washout and nothing that happens actually counts...maybe it wouldn't?

Ted

WELL INFORMED said:
Alicia said:

Yeh great idea, get some idiot on the field who gets a red for breaking someones leg  and the whole round gets washed out. Yeh good idea to let him play next week. Was that a "BLOND" question?

In fairness, it is a valid question. If scores, goals, for and against, no longer apply then technically any red or yellow cards issued should also become nul and void and not count. A bit hard to tell the person with a broken leg it didn't happen though as the round is a washout....

I don't think a washout will be seen as "not counting". It says that there is a 2 all score line as a result, and each team receives 3 points. So any game that is played, would be played under normal circumstances and rules, but the result would be changed to a "washout" result. I can't see how they could negate any cards - the game is played under FIFA rules and CCF's by-laws.

Alicia

If in a game, your team scores 8 goals, and the rest of the round is washed out, and you only get 2 all score line, that to me is classed as not counting.

WELL INFORMED - No, I don't think it was a blonde question.  It was highly valid.  I'm not talking about a red card where someone is injured.

marinermick

Cop out decision by all the club delegates.

I will seriously be considering legal action to recoup registration monies if I have more than three/four washouts this season.

Kareem

it is a bit dodgy
I understand the new board wants everything to be more organised.
And this new policy will be easy to manage, and very straight forward.
But despite how bad the old CCF was, they always tried to get our games played. That part was admirable.
This 18 game season for most, will end up being a 15 or 16 game it would seem at best!

marinermick

I agree Kareem. It is why people register - to play football.

What happened to dates set aside for catch up games?

If they have a wet season and only ten games get played there will anarachy from side of the fence and on the other side a whole host people not bothering to register for the next season.

darrensprod

marinermick said:

If they have a wet season and only ten games get played there will anarachy from side of the fence and on the other side a whole host people not bothering to register for the next season.

Guys,

Thought I would let you know that a couple of different models were put to the clubs including games left for catchups.  The clubs were very much against this and wanted as many games squeezed in as possible and no games on the July School Holidays and no room for catchups. This was voted on at the club competition planning meeting on Jan 31.  The two things CCF wanted was a clear trasparent model before the season started that could be communicated to the football public and the input of the clubs in the descision. 

If it doesnt work then the clubs will have a decision to make again next season.

regards
Darren Sprod

marinermick

darrensprod said:
marinermick said:

Guys,

Thought I would let you know that a couple of different models were put to the clubs including games left for catchups.  The clubs were very much against this and wanted as many games squeezed in as possible and no games on the July School Holidays and no room for catchups. This was voted on at the club competition planning meeting on Jan 31.  The two things CCF wanted was a clear trasparent model before the season started that could be communicated to the football public and the input of the clubs in the descision. 

If it doesnt work then the clubs will have a decision to make again next season.

regards
Darren Sprod

Appreciate that this was a decision made by the club delegates and that the executive were bound by this. Decision was made before the new board's time.

Obviously, the decision was made not in the interest of the players but in the interest of "less work". You guys will be fielding some very nasty complaints this season if the weather turns bad.

With the new board looking to become more transparent and improve on PR this is just a disaster.

FFC Mariner

Disagree Mick.

CCF have got a draw out on time, clearly communicated and thats to their credit. If the clubs themselves didnt want catch up rounds, where is this the fault of CCF?

Given that the model was proposed and voted for, presumably in accordance with the CCF rules, no protest or any other kind of action would have any chance.

Mick, if Ourimbah voted for it, not sure there is too much you can do really except ask them why

marinermick

FFC Mariner said:
Disagree Mick.

CCF have got a draw out on time, clearly communicated and thats to their credit. If the clubs themselves didnt want catch up rounds, where is this the fault of CCF?

Read my comments again. I didn't blame the CCF.

I said it will be a PR disaster for them as they will have to bear the brunt of the complaints when they are trying to be more organised and transparent.

FFC Mariner said:
Mick, if Ourimbah voted for it, not sure there is too much you can do really except ask them why

I will certainly be doing this at training tomorrow night

marcus67

Mick,
Its fair enough that you dont agree, but the logic of the decision in my view is compelling:

- first reason to do it this way (excluding A grades for CofC), was to establish a draw that was effectively set in stone, and provide certainty. Wet weather will happen, and the need to re-schedule wash outs is a major logistical problem. It was also not transparent, i.e. who gets to play and who doesn't, when we are talking about MAA6 v O35DS v u15C's etc.?

- Maximise playing time/games in the interests of players, i.e. knowing that weather would cause wash outs at some grounds, but not necessarily the whole round, why preclude other teams from playing when they can. My experience is that most players just want to have kick, even if the game is 'counted' as a 2-2 draw. The alternative was what we have had previously, and not play at all, then hope that your washout was re-scheduled. IF it was, this would happen with minimal notice for a midweek game, or two games in 24 hours if you were lucky.

The alternative model was 14 or 16 game regular season with open weekends. Add the byes for odd number comps and you have potentially a lot of weekends where you dont play. We aren't playing for sheep stations here, its surely about getting on the field.

There are other major associations around Sydney where wash outs dont get played at all and never have. Some of these also play first past the post - creating additional regular round weeks rather than finals ( but that was a bit too radical it seems).

If it doesnt work - the delegates can vote to change it again next season. My bet is that it will be an improvement.

BTW well done Darren and the team on what you have achieved so far.

starfish

marcus67 said:
We aren't playing for sheep stations here, its surely about getting on the field.

Just wait for the first club to close their ground because a 2-2 draw will guarantee a League championship or semi final berth or a rival club missing a spot.

And dont be so naive to think there aren't club officials that will do that - the same ones that play A grade players in C grade comps, play players (juniors or seniors) under false names, or claim they weren't told when games were set down or re-scheduled.

I agree with Marinermick - it has the potential to be a PR disaster. Keeping fingers crossed for a dry winter so it isnt.

marinermick

marcus67 said:
- Maximise playing time/games in the interests of players, i.e. knowing that weather would cause wash outs at some grounds, but not necessarily the whole round, why preclude other teams from playing when they can. My experience is that most players just want to have kick, even if the game is 'counted' as a 2-2 draw. The alternative was what we have had previously, and not play at all, then hope that your washout was re-scheduled. IF it was, this would happen with minimal notice for a midweek game, or two games in 24 hours if you were lucky.

How does the current model maximise game time?

Because of the weekends set aside we played 16 from 18 games last season. Not a bad result.

If we have the same wet weather this season as last season do you think I will get to play 16 from 18 games?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred