• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCF AGM

I heard that a Budgewoi committee member nominated someone for 3 positions on to the CCF board, then at the last minute, the CLUB withdrew them. Can anyone tell me more about this? I also heard that another club may have interferred with this decision.

dibo

can we start a new category for the anonymous two post wonders who come on to grind an axe about CCF?

DIBO,
Not once did i mention about ANY wrong doing regarding CCF, you need to read the thread again it was just a question on a rumor i had heard about.

From the dug out

Thepassionateone said:
I heard that a Budgewoi committee member nominated someone for 3 positions on to the CCF board, then at the last minute, the CLUB withdrew them. Can anyone tell me more about this? I also heard that another club may have interferred with this decision.

Why don't you just ring Budgewoi and ask them yourself?

dibo

Thepassionateone said:
DIBO,
Not once did i mention about ANY wrong doing regarding CCF, you need to read the thread again it was just a question on a rumor i had heard about.

i don't need to read the thread again - i've seen this type of thread a hundred times where someone anonymously comes on and slings barbs or whatever at someone involved in local football. FTDU's response is a good one (and better and more constructive than mine by far) - ring the club and find out for yourself.

Rocket Ronaldo Blair said:
He just asked a question f**k get off his back. :redcard:

it's a forum. when you ask a question, you may not always get the answer you were after, particularly when it's a question like this where frankly if the person asking cared that much about it they'd be able to find out for themselves.

FFC Mariner

At the risk of being too controversial, I assume that the AGM will accept questions from the floor?

If so, that covers 2 issues.

1) They know the question is out there
2) Whether they answer fully or dodge it will tell you a lot as well.

dwight

Thepassionateone said:

Isn't this a question for Budgie not CCF "the CLUB withdrew them." being the relevant part.

dibo

hasbeen said:
Correct Dibo, a forum is no place to discuss matters like the CCF.

my concern isn't that CCF is discussed, it's that people come from the blue and expect other people to get information for them that they could easily obtain themselves.

they come on here anonymously, and as can be seen in a number of other threads on this board the threads degenerate into barrow pushing and personal abuse. they rarely if ever post on anything to do with the marinators (i.e. the reason for the existence of this site), for these people it's just a site for petty local politics and name-calling.

flick through the history of some of these threads on this and the old forum, and you might understand why my patience is limited at best with these sorts of threads.

marinermick

dibo said:
hasbeen said:

my concern isn't that CCF is discussed, it's that people come from the blue and expect other people to get information for them that they could easily obtain themselves.

they come on here anonymously, and as can be seen in a number of other threads on this board the threads degenerate into barrow pushing and personal abuse. they rarely if ever post on anything to do with the marinators (i.e. the reason for the existence of this site), for these people it's just a site for petty local politics and name-calling.

flick through the history of some of these threads on this and the old forum, and you might understand why my patience is limited at best with these sorts of threads.

amen to that

was why they closed down the local section on the newcastle forum

i would hate for the same thing to happen here

From the dug out

dwight said:
Thepassionateone said:

Isn't this a question for Budgie not CCF "the CLUB withdrew them." being the relevant part.

Agree, thats why I said just ring them direct if you have an issue. My angle of approach is that thepassionateone is someone stirring the pot to justify there angle of arguement......then we don't hear from them again until the next personal gripe they have with somebody else.

Maybe the CCF website should have their own FORUM....now wouldn't that be exciting!  :vomit:

Rowdy

hasbeen said:

like fcuk! sometimes...... i mean more often than not, THIS IS THE PLACE! where one 'hears' the dastardly deeds and whatnot's going on in our local dysfunctional football community.

dibo

From the dug out said:
dwight said:
Thepassionateone said:

Agree, thats why I said just ring them direct if you have an issue. My angle of approach is that thepassionateone is someone stirring the pot to justify there angle of arguement......then we don't hear from them again until the next personal gripe they have with somebody else.

Maybe the CCF website should have their own FORUM....now wouldn't that be exciting!  :vomit:

hammer, nail, head.

Rowdy said:
hasbeen said:

like fcuk! sometimes...... i mean more often than not, THIS IS THE PLACE! where one 'hears' the dastardly deeds and whatnot's going on in our local dysfunctional football community.

rowdy, you're actually the example i was thinking of when i was trying to think of the people who raise issues with CCF but do it from a position where people know who you are and that you're genuine, not just a shitstirrer.

in other words, you've been around, you're known, and you therefore have buckets more cred to talk about CCF than anonymous two post wonders.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred