• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Cass

Paolo

Blair said:
It goes both ways. You read his book then we can tlk bout who he is.
why do i need to read his book? I'm well aware of who Cass Pennant is and the life he led.

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Blair, can you please elaborate on how Pennant has redeemed himself? What has he done, apart from gaol time, to make up for his violent past? It seems that he has not only committed crimes but is now making huge amounts of money from telling the stories.

Spartacus was nobody and became somebody. He killed people but his extreme thuggery was for the cause of freedom. He would be a better hero for you.

Again, I must admit to not knowing much about Pennant, but from what I gather he is in no way heroic. He lacks any virtue. All that he did was probably for personal gain. Is this the case? If so, why is he a hero figure for you?

If it is solely due to his upward mobility, I would plead with you to continue your search for a hero. As has been said earlier, there are a multitude of historic figures that have risen from humble beginnings to be respected in their chosen fields or generally around the world. I make this plea because I think it is a very important process of personal growth to find and look up to worthy 'heroes'.

If you like the warring types have you considered the likes of Spartacus, Toyotomi Hideyoshi (rose from abject poverty to be the leader that unified feudal Japan), Alexander the Great (creating a huge fusion empire that spread the reason and logic of the Greek philosophers who are some of my heroes) or George Patton (consumate tactician and leader of men fighting against the Nazi forces across Africa and Europe). These are men who enacted violence for justifiable means in most cases. If you must venerate violence at least venerate violence for a 'heroic' cause.

Sym

Don't worry about what some say Blair
believe in what you wanna believe in.

Don't be a sheep like so many others around here.

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Blair you can believe whatever you wish to believe.

I just don't think that you've put much thought into your hero selection. Actually reflect on what it is about Pennant you admire and whether or not he is the best example of these traits. Then, if you still want to be like, admire, envy or respect a man who, in my estimation, is unworthy of the title of Homo Sapiens I pity you.

The reason I would pity you is that you are not using your faculty of reason which is that trait that elevates the primate man above our mammal cousins, the sheep.

Sacko

marinermick said:
wonder if sacko or rittie have met him?

it's cass pennant by the way

Don't know him, as he was a bit before my time.
I do recall a big black dude taking on the Shelf at my visit to Shite Hart Lane in the early 80s, having read his book it would seem that it was Cass.
I enjoyed the film and also recently watched Rise of the Footsoldier, which is another dramatisation of events leading on from the ICF.
I'll leave others to argue if they think he is a hero or not....   

Sacko

I what?
:popo:

Any more of that talk and Cass will be round to rip your head off and shit down your neck!
:piano:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred