• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Can someone clarify please?

Ted

I was just on the the Mariners site checking out the team and as one would expect with the recent announcement, Trott has been removed . But, why is Gumpy still there when all other players no longer associated with the club have been removed? Is is due to pending legal reasons or is there still a chance of seeing him in the navy and yellow?

Ted

Sorry just saw this mentioned this in another thread. Still a valid point though, considering another player still under contract and not yet with us until a specific date is there.

skilbeck

MarinaTed said:
I was just on the the Mariners site checking out the team and as one would expect with the recent announcement, Trott has been removed . But, why is Gumpy still there when all other players no longer associated with the club have been removed? Is is due to pending legal reasons or is there still a chance of seeing him in the navy and yellow?

probably legal reasons, he will most likely be on our squad list until outstanding legal issues are resolved

Paolo

goingtoadisco said:
I realy enjoyed watching gumps play. Shame they would not up his pay.
yeah, that makes sense. We should up someones pay whose playing ability is going in the other direction

Deej

goingtoadisco said:
I realy enjoyed watching gumps play. Shame they would not up his pay.

Up his pay? You obviously have no idea what his wages roughly were!

I enjoyed watching him pull out of a number of challenges too! Ran around lots to look important thou, he never looked the same after his injury

goingtoadisco

True, though i thought that maybe Gumps being a favorite of the fans the mariners might loose out of the field. I agree he was never the same after his injury.

Omni

We seemed to be doing fine for crowds when it was obvious he wasn't going to be playing, so somehow doubt that.

marinermick

goingtoadisco said:
Shame they would not up his pay.

ROFL, and to think that our highest paid players were Viddy, Mrdja and Gumps ()ar the marquee Aloi$i?

we got so much better value from our lower paid players

Deej

Tommy was on a good wage too, but yes we got much better value from players like Wilko, Mile, Danny etc.............

Wombat

Gumps showed his true quality and professionalism when Lawrie was treating him like shit and made it clear that he wasn't going to pick him.
Most players fade into oblivion (Spencer & McMaster for example) once they don't have the backing of the coach. Confidence is a very important factor in playing well but thankfully for us Gumpey had enough self believe to still perform better than most.
We got through to Asia because of Aloisi's goals and Gumpey saving our arse on many occasions when he came on as a sub.
We only got to the grand final on the back of his performance against Newcastle when he came on early due to injury to Tommy.
Season one he was fantastic and even made Spenser look good.
Season two...our season turned to shit once he got injured.
Season three..the club forced him out and he still saved our arse on a few occasions when given a chance.
Yes, he never looked as good as before the injury but he also never really got given a fair go in V3.

Deej

Wombat said:
Gumps showed his true quality and professionalism when Lawrie was treating him like shit and made it clear that he wasn't going to pick him.
Most players fade into oblivion (Spencer & McMaster for example) once they don't have the backing of the coach. Confidence is a very important factor in playing well but thankfully for us Gumpey had enough self believe to still perform better than most.
We got through to Asia because of Aloi$i's goals and Gumpey saving our arse on many occasions when he came on as a sub.
We only got to the grand final on the back of his performance against Newcastle when he came on early due to injury to Tommy.
Season one he was fantastic and even made Spenser look good.
Season two...our season turned to shit once he got injured.
Season three..the club forced him out and he still saved our arse on a few occasions when given a chance.
Yes, he never looked as good as before the injury but he also never really got given a fair go in V3.

Central Coast Mariners FC = Andre Gumprecht FC? I don't think so

We got to the GF because our team played well and deserved it

We got to Asia because we were the best team over 21 rounds

Gumps continued to play average when Lawrie didn't pick him because he thought he was off to the Gold Coast and wanted to impress, plus of course he's a professional and wanted to win games.

Why has no other HAL team picked him up yet if he's that good still?

Deej

goingtoadisco said:
Cos he wants to much money. I think hes still a good player, just needs a reality check perhaps ?

How do you know he wants too much money? Do you know him personally?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred