• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bruce has left the building

Sym

Just heard on foxsports that Bruce Djitte has been released by Adelaide United to move to a 'European' club  :tv:

thomas477

This is why the euro free transfer clause or releasing players for transfers is bad.

Nick Carle, 650 000k, might be a EPL player next season.

Wat ever happened to Carney, who went for a measily 95k?

northernspirit

what a shame, he would have been good  to keepin the league for another season, good luck bruce - hope u do well in euro and do us proud in beijing

RADINHO

well his contract ends next year but he could of left on mutual Termination which is an agreed price between Bruce and Adelaide and he could of been released on a free transfer which is having his contract bought up but i don't think that would be case and i'm sure Adelaide would cash up on him.

midfielder

The club I have heard he is moving to is Genclerbirigli in Turkey.

Anyone heard what club .............. a mate in Brisbane who claims he knows a friend of a friend who walks a dog, .............. so more than likely wrong but he told me Genclerbirigli.

bathurstmariner

From 442:

Djite Quits Adelaide For Turkey

May 14 2008 18:03

EXCLUSIVE: Bruce Djite is quitting Adelaide United and looks bound for the Turkish Super League after the club agreed a fee with an unnamed European club.
The Hindmarsh outfit have agreed to release striker Bruce Djite at the end of the AFC Champions League 2008 Group Stage.

Adelaide United CEO Sam Ciccarello made the announcement this afternoon after the club was given a deadline today to reply and agree to the transfer fee from the European club.

However, au.fourfourtwo.com understands from sources in Europe that Turkey is the likely destination for Djite.

It was rumoured Djite would join the Aussie brigade at German Bundesliga strugglers Nurnberg. A move to the Dutch Eredivisie was also mooted.

However, it's understood a Turkish club is in deep negotiations for the striker and the deal should be signed off this week.

"No deal is done yet, I'm just focusing on the vital ACL game in China for Adelaide next week," Djite told au.fourfourtwo.com tonight.

If Djite does move to Turkey, Genclerbirligi is one of the likely homes for the talented Socceroo.

The Ankara-based outfit last year signed Nick Carle and has previously signed Aussie Joe Skoko. The club is generally viewed as one which develops players and sells them onto bigger clubs later.

Djites potential exit from Hindmarsh would also mean 26-year-old Brazilian hitman Cristiano from Dutch Eredivisie side Willem II could be a step closer to signing a deal with the Reds.

More news on that should be known in the next few days as the Djite deal shakes down.

Earlier today, Mr Ciccarello said: "I would like to announce that Adelaide United has accepted an offer from an overseas club to release player Bruce Djite.

We made a very attractive offer to Bruce to stay in the Hyundai A-League and with Adelaide United. It was the maximum we could offer within the salary cap allowance and unfortunately Bruces desires to go overseas outweighed the attractive offer that Adelaide United could put up.

Our first priority was to try and hold onto Bruce, thats why we increased his package significantly as much as we could under the salary cap but he has very strong desires to play overseas. We respect that, we do not want to hold back any talented player who is capable of making it overseas unreasonably.

Djite is contracted to Adelaide United for another year but with his ambition to play overseas coupled with The Reds salary cap restrictions, the club made the decision to release him to the interested European club, who is yet to be named due to the deal not yet signed off.

I havent signed on the dotted line yet and I have heard many stories where transfers have fallen over at the last second, so I dont want to jeopardise anything by throwing names around, Djite said.

Im about 90 per cent there but until I sign on the dotted line I am still an Adelaide United player, and I hope to play well for the club in China.

Ciccarello said Djite had the full support of the club to fulfil his dream of playing in Europe, and that both club and player are on good terms.

Were very happy for Bruce, were sad to lose him but hes going with best wishes from us, and well be watching Bruces career with a lot of interest and he has got our support, Mr Ciccarello said.

We have the highest regard for him as a person and a player, negotiations are never easy, and the fact is the club had to look after what it believed was its best interest. He will leave on the best of terms and Im sure his link and his bond with Adelaide United is going to transcend his playing days with the club.

Djite spoke to the media this morning to discuss his progress from a hamstring injury, but during the course of the media conference, he was asked about whether he was staying at the club next season. Djite expressed frustration that proceedings of negotiations with the club were progressing slowly, but unbeknown to the 21 year old, at the time of the media conference, Adelaide United was finalising a release with his agent to go to the European club.

While the club agreeing to release Djite has been a headline today, The Reds are preparing for its crucial match against Changchun Yatai on Wednesday 21 May. The squad departs for China on Saturday and Djite is a strong chance to be included in the travelling party having recovered from a hamstring injury.

pche0508

given that he has already proven himself in Europe, United seems to have more than made up for the loss of djite

From 442:

EXCLUSIVE: Adelaide United have strengthened their attacking options with the capture of Willem IIs Brazilian striker Cristiano for the next two seasons.
The 26-year-old put pen to paper a two year deal with the club late on Friday night and is set to form a strike partnership with the Reds' marquee signing Paul Agostino.

The exit of Bruce Djite earlier this week paved the way for the forward to land in Australia.

Cristiano dos Santos Rodrigues is a Rio-born forward whos played 20 times for the Eredivisie club over the last two seasons where he's scored six times.

This stint included a loan spell at Swiss club Basle, where he played twice in the UEFA Cup scoring twice. He also turned out five times in the Swiss Super League for the club.

The Brazilian has a good record in Dutch football over the last seven seasons. After scoring nine times in 18 games for NAC Breda in 2001/02 he transferred to Roda JC where he played 61 games over the ensuring four seasons scoring 33 times. He moved to Willem in 2006.

Aurelio Vidmar however is still looking at Daniel McBreen, who arrived a couple of days ago from Scotland. The former St Johnstone, Falkirk and Newcastle United NSL striker last played in Australia six years.

The Cristiano deal was brokered by Elite Sports Properties Richie Hinton.

FFC Mariner

Bearinator said:
f**king hell, for that muppet! He aint worth half that

Most over rated Australian footballer since..........................

Shit-eh will be back in a season or 2

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred