• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bluetongue the best!

MrCelery

Lakes Mail

GOSFORD'S Bluetongue Stadium has been voted the best football-watching venue in a national sporting poll.
The stadium's managing director, Monique Marks, said the poll had been conducted by Rugby League Week and the result came as no surprise to her.
"It doesn't matter where you sit in the stadium,you are still close to the action," Ms Marks said.
"Our stadium overlooks the picturesque Brisbane Water and is only a few minutes' walk from the rail station."

kevrenor

Nice, and can't argue with Monique's comments - but how would most readers of Rugby League Week know what it is like to watch football there - a) it would have been Thugby, and b) just how many games have been played there. Says something about their readership profile actually.

dibo

It's scenic and lovely and my Mariners play there, but too few seats are undercover, on the upper deck you need to be a long way back before the railings stop obscuring your view of the near touch line, it's too long so behind the goals you're a long way from the goal line and of there are neither toilets nor food/non-alcoholic drink outlets for 60m or so if you're in bay 16.

If you're in the back half of the upper deck bays or undercover on the lower deck, it's pretty good. Everywhere else it's compromised. For viewing it's not even close to the best in the NRL - the bubbledome or Lang Park or Parramatta or even *vomit* the scumdome win there.

The view's lovely, but if I want a view I'll go to a bloody lookout. For a football ground, give me a 12k capacity flatpack at Tuggerah and I'm yours.

Wombat

Gosh some people are hard to please!!!!!!

BT is a fantastic stadium and the views from the grandstands are fantastic. Even right next to the fence you are so close to the action you can actually coach the players (and yes Clarkey would listen and react).

Probably the only less than perfect view is behind the goal ( but it's the only place to be!)

It's an amazing place to watch the Footy.....enjoy it and saviour it. I've been to Wembley, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, Highbury, Elland Rd, Villa Park etc.....and even though the atmosphere isn't like those places.....it's still the best stadium I've ever had the pleasure to watch a game of Footy at.

A 12,000 seater shit box at Tuggerah will be worse than watching the Footy at Grimsby.

Like they say....you don't miss your water, till your well run dry.

Forum Phoenix

I'm with Wombat. I think it's a stunning ground. Sure higher banked seating and better weather cover would have been ideal. But it's still a magnificent place to watch a game of football. Are you reading Victoria?

Timely award to go in Mayor Lawries Beckham bid! ;)

tsd

needs a redesign in the awnings, something that will shade the eastern side at 5pm in summer. half of the stadium is unusable in a hot summer afternoon.

tsd

A 12,000 seater shit box at Tuggerah will be worse than watching the Footy at Grimsby.

Like they say....you don't miss your water, till your well run dry.

a stadium at tuggerah would potentially have water views to the east... of a sewage treatment plant!

FFC Mariner

Whisper this but.........

I hate BT as a football stadium. Stands not steep enough, no roof over the end of the ground. Zero chance to create any atmosphere etc etc.

One visit to AAMI with anymore than 10k in it and you will never look at BT the same way again

bikinigirl

needs a redesign in the awnings, something that will shade the eastern side at 5pm in summer. half of the stadium is unusable in a hot summer afternoon.

. more importantly than that: what is needed is a fixtures schedule which does not have 5pm starts in summer ... so more than a fraction of the stadium is useable

. despite what this does (5pm starts) to the crowd numbers ... it more often than not ruins the game as a spectacle as well and those that do turn up remember it

Roy Law

It is a lovely ground with wonderful views across Brisbane Water but utterly souless with regard to the sort of atmosphere needed for a football match. Very Australian very non-European. Only when the ground is full do we get real atmosphere and, unfortunately, that doesn't happen very often.

dibo

Whisper this but.........

I hate BT as a football stadium. Stands not steep enough, no roof over the end of the ground. Zero chance to create any atmosphere etc etc.

One visit to AAMI with anymore than 10k in it and you will never look at BT the same way again
y'know what'd be perfect? a stadium just like what they use in the english super league.

Langtree_Park.jpg

Construction cost - £25 Million, so about AUD42 million.

How much are these investors worth? That wouldn't even double the price of the COE.

style_cafe

y'know what'd be perfect? a stadium just like what they use in the english super league.

Langtree_Park.jpg

Construction cost - £25 Million, so about AUD42 million.

How much are these investors worth? That wouldn't even double the price of the COE.

For $42 million you would think they`d have the sideline straight :confused:

style_cafe

It's scenic and lovely and my Mariners play there, but too few seats are undercover, on the upper deck you need to be a long way back before the railings stop obscuring your view of the near touch line, it's too long so behind the goals you're a long way from the goal line and of there are neither toilets nor food/non-alcoholic drink outlets for 60m or so if you're in bay 16.

If you're in the back half of the upper deck bays or undercover on the lower deck, it's pretty good. Everywhere else it's compromised. For viewing it's not even close to the best in the NRL - the bubbledome or Lang Park or Parramatta or even *vomit* the scumdome win there.

The view's lovely, but if I want a view I'll go to a bloody lookout. For a football ground, give me a 12k capacity flatpack at Tuggerah and I'm yours.

Note to Mayor Lawrie:- move the field 6-7m towards bay 16 then construct a new stand at the water end,put an upper deck over bay 16 & add a roof. Get rid of the bowling club & build toilets, kiosks & bars.
Extend the roofs on both existing stands.
Replace the handrails with clear glass.
Estimated cost $20-$30million

Probably cheaper to build a new stadium at Tuggerah

finally retired

Note to Mayor Lawrie:- move the field 6-7m towards bay 16 then construct a new stand at the water end,put an upper deck over bay 16 & add a roof. Get rid of the bowling club & build toilets, kiosks & bars.
Extend the roofs on both existing stands.
Replace the handrails with clear glass.
Estimated cost $20-$30million

Probably cheaper to build a new stadium at Tuggerah

who knows......with an election coming and with both parties desparate to hold onto/win seats, we might be in with a chance to get that cash to deliver a sporting venue fit for this region. Perhaps it's time we all wrote to the local candidates with our ideas :pirashoot:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred