• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Big Day Out 2009

serious14

The rest of the list is a couple of weeks away, but take this as 99% confirmed that Neil Young will be the headliner.....

"Lees & West, Max, and Video Hits proudly present

NEIL YOUNG, With very special guests

My Morning Jacket

BRISBANE l Wednesday 21 January l BRISBANE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE
l Tickets: Ticketek www.ticketek.com.au Outlets and Phonecharge 132 849

SYDNEY l Saturday 24 January l SYDNEY ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE
l Tickets: Ticketmaster www.ticketmaster.com.au Outlets and Phonecharge 136 100

MELBOURNE l Wednesday 28 January l MYER MUSIC BOWL
l Tickets: Ticketmaster www.ticketmaster.com.au Outlets and Phonecharge 136 100

TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY 19 SEPTEMBER"

Neil Young??  Really??  Is that the best they could do for supposedly the greatest music festival this country has to offer??  *shakes head in shame at the joke the BDO has become*

Alas, it would seem that unless the announcement has some other killer bands in there (other strong rumours include The Arctic Monkeys and My Morning Jacket  :vomit:) then that's another BDO I won't be attending.  A damn shame to be honest.....

Pokes

BDO is crap.

All the good bands are on at the same time in diff areas, so you have to make the choice. Save the money, (and save your ears from some of those utter shit bands they bring in) and spend it on the 'side shows'. Much more awesome.

~Floss~

pokey said:
BDO is crap.

All the good bands are on at the same time in diff areas, so you have to make the choice. Save the money, (and save your ears from some of those utter shit bands they bring in) and spend it on the 'side shows'. Much more awesome.

Ssssshhhhh... That's been my plan for a while now, please don't spoil it for me.

Help keep individual shows less hectic and more enjoyable for real fans of music, by letting the BDO continue to absorb the teenage masses who are happy to be getting more bands per dollar and a "social" event, at the expense of sound quality, performance, and luxuries like shelter and toilets.

Sean

Will be going to Big Day Out and am very happy about Neil Young headlining, wont be having to put up with Rage against the Machine/Tool/Metallica bogans all day. Note that I like Tool, but not their fans, and just like Metallica and Rage fans, they have made the last few festivals hell for some bands and also they have b.o which is quite offensive.

serious14 said:
Neil Young??   Really??   Is that the best they could do for supposedly the greatest music festival this country has to offer??   *shakes head in shame at the joke the BDO has become*

N.Y is one of the greatest musicians that music has to offer, could you think of anyone bigger or better for headline without mentioning muse,metallica,antiskeptic or living end?
I think it is an attempt to calm down the crowds as the last few years have been hectic with a massive bogan-magnet as the headliner.

Pokes

I'm not sad about Neil Young, I love Neil Young.
I just hate the atmosphere that comes with BDO.

For someone like Neil Young, I'd rather see him in a more intimate venue.

Sean

Do you class Sydney Entertainment Centre as intimate? if you did choose to go to that sideshow, it will probably cost you more to see him there than at big day out.

serious14

Neil Young is a great musician and an incredible songwriter........ I just think he's a rubbish choice as a Big Day Out headliner.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's a rock oriented festival, yeah??

*looks at headliners throughout the years*

Nirvana, Violent Femmes
Sonic Youth, Iggy Pop
Primus, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Ramones
Ministry, Primal Scream
Rage Against the Machine
Soundgarden
Marilyn Manson
Chilli Willi, NIN, Foo Fighters
Rammstein, Limp Bizkit
System of a Down, New Order
Jane's Addiction, Foo Fighters
Metallica, The Strokes
Tool, Muse

And I'm sure RATM made another appearance earlier this year, unless my old man memory has deserted me.....

Now I dunno about you, but I really don't think Neil Young fits into that space as a headliner. _By all means_, have him at the festival, on the Blue Stage at 7pm-ish if you must - but to use him as the main act with which to draw people in and buy the tickets??    Poor choice.  BDO has been going down the tubes for the last couple of years now, it's a damn shame.

Alicia

Dont want to start a new thread for this, but there's also a festival in Newcastle called Fat as Butter.  Tickets are $79.50.

The lineup includes The Dandy Warhols, Faker, Regurgitator, The Potbelleez, Kid Kenobi, The Herd.  To quote the e-mail  "plus lots more. There's also one more band to be announced so stay tuned!"

Pro-ticket website explains it as;

FAT AS BUTTER

2nd November, 2008 at Newcastle Foreshore

Fat As Butter is where the love spreads easy and the fun just rolls off the tip of your tongue. Committed to bringing you some of the best uplifting International and Australian acts on offer. The table setting just cant get any better. Placed just opposite Nobbys Beach & around the corner from your home, you will be satisfied in every single way. So if you cant beat them then join them on Sunday 2nd November at Camp Shortland, Nobby's Beach in Newcastle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred