• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Best/most useful Superpower?? (NWS)

serious14

Right, I've been watching Heroes on HD DVD for the past few weeks, and I figured it was time to grace the almighty forum with an eternal question.......

If you could have one superpower, what would it be??

I'm torn between invisibility and flight, with invincibility coming a close third.

:popcorn:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
WELL....seeing as how i won one of HEROES box sets from Mx..i'll use the super power I won with...whatever i touch i take on the properties of..ie:  touch steel...become steel...touch water...become water...

~Floss~

Instant teleportation.

If that's not allowed, backup alternatives would be time travel, that thing where you can freeze time but still walk around and do stuff yourself, or last option (if it has to be kept simple): very fast flight.

Pokes

Does Wolverine count?

I just wanna be able to get mad and slash people.

w00t.

I'm not a violent person, I swear.

Can you miagine at Scum games though? Buahaha...

FFC Mariner

RECKY said:
WELL....seeing as how i won one of HEROES box sets from Mx..i'll use the super power I won with...whatever i touch i take on the properties of..ie:  touch steel...become steel...touch water...become water...

Grifiiths already has that power........wonder who's prick he touched though???

For me, I just want my power to conjure up a goal to return. I went through a purple patch of about 3 games in V2 of going to the loo and we would score. Trouble is, hasnt worked since.

skilbeck

Greenpoleffc said:
RECKY said:

For me, I just want my power to conjure up a goal to return. I went through a purple patch of about 3 games in V2 of going to the loo and we would score. Trouble is, hasnt worked since.

i got a mate that went to the bathroom 3 times in the major semi second leg. we scored 3 times in that game when he did. he didnt go to the bathroom at all in the grand final. you can all blame him for the loss :p

S

soccersensei

hasbeen said:
To have whatever it is that El Kareemo has .....

All Recky has to do is touch him!
Better be damn careful what you wish for Recky!!!

As to mine; The ability to take on everyone elses super power is pretty hard to go past... but it does seems like a bit of a cheat superpower to me. Though if you can't find anyone else with superpowers, man but that would have to be the most frustrating super power possible ;D

Bear

Id like to be one of these guys...

hulk.jpg

Thing_1024%5B1%5D.jpg

wolverine14.JPG

All very angry, all pissed off, me in a nutshell

But MOST OF ALL id like to be this guy...

Ultimate_Body_models.jpg

See me there, in the middle? no? its cos im the INVISIBLE MAN ;)

serious14

soccersensei said:
The ability to take on everyone elses super power is pretty hard to go past... but it does seems like a bit of a cheat superpower to me. Though if you can't find anyone else with superpowers, man but that would have to be the most frustrating super power possible

Unless you're like Peter Petrelli in Heroes and not only have that ability, but it's more of an "absorb the powers of others around you and recall them later as you so wish".  Then you could potentially be the most powerful of all.

Paolo

Greenpoleffc said:
RECKY said:

easy to answer....the linesmens

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
firestor.jpg

but speaking of great superheroes in general...not discounting..Supes, Bats or the green lantern...ladies and gents....FIRESTORM...he could re-arrange the atomic structure of anything (i think)

dibo

Bearinator said:
But MOST OF ALL id like to be this guy...

Ultimate_Body_models.jpg

See me there, in the middle? no? its cos im the INVISIBLE MAN ;)

beware-

one day superman was flying over the city when he saw wonder woman sunbaking nude on the roof of her building.

superman thought he could fly down, f**k her real fast, and fly away and she wouldnt notice. so he flew down, f**ked her and flew away.

wonder woman says "what was that?". the invisible man replies "i dont know, but my arse is sore."

serious14

RECKY said:
seeing as how i won one of HEROES box sets from Mx

Did the Season 1 finale annoy you as much as it did me??  I just wanted Sylar and Peter to throw down and beat the living f*ck out of each other - considering they both had quite a few powers ready to go (remember, we already got a sneak peek of the chaos they can cause in the '5 Years Later' episode when they smacked down in that hallway).  Yet all we got was a shoving contest, 3 punches, and Nathan comes flying in to save the day in the most cliched way possible.  Seriously, I'd give the first season a 9/10 if it wasn't for that episode..... it destroyed so much good work before it - ".07%" and "5 Years Later" were masterful television, and then BAM, nothing.

Damn shame.

I must admit, the whole instant teleportation/bending time and space gear might come in handy as well.

serious14

taylor said:
When's the next series out?

On DVD in Australia??  No idea...... EzyDVD just has it listed as a future release.

Apparently it was quite affected by the writer's strike, and the quality suffered as a result.  The creator of the series has even admitted that if he could go back, he'd do things differently.  Season 3 is starting it's broadcast in America soon - does anyone know if Season 2 has even been on TV here yet??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred