• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Best Mariners game of 2009

Which was the best Mariners game of 2009?

• 2-2 away in Tianjin ACL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-3 in Pohang in ACL

• 2-0 away in Melbourne Round 1

• 3-0 home against Gold Coast

• 3-0 away against Brisbane Round 11

• 4-0 away in Melbourne Round 14

• 5-1 away against Fury in Round 15

• Total voters

bulldogmariner

The Mariners have had a long 33 competitive game year. What was the best game of 2009?

The Mariners have had some big wins especially on the road. Wins in Melbourne, Brisbane and Townsville have all stood out.

Finshed season 4 of the A-League in 4th and lost against the Brisbane Roar in 3 vs 4 playoff.

They completed in their first ACL campaign and finished with 2 points with draws against Pohang and Tianjin. Pohang have since gone on to win the ACL competition.

However the biggest worry has been the home form only picking up 11 points in 2009 in all competitions including 4 points in Canberra.

Also post your thoughts on 2010 and make some predictions.

northernspirit

good thread!

personally the 4-0 away in melb partly cos i was down there for it although i also enjoyed the wholloping of GCU just as much tbh

been a while since we felt that winning feeling now though :)

bulldogmariner

I loved the game in Tianjin when we came from a goal down at half time to get level and then take the lead. Atmosphere in the stadium was amazing and it was a great game of football.
Locally I liked the game in Melbourne when we won in Round 1. No-one rated us any chance and Lawrie got the result we needed.

LFCMariners

And that is the biggest problem with the team and IMO explains why their home record is poor- away from home the Mariners bring their F**k You attitude and go for the win because they figure there's nothing to lose. At home, the mentality seems to be more one of trying to not lose.

bradley

well i didnt get to see them win 1 single game this year :(

i didnt go to the gold coast game (the only game i havnt been to)

and i cant go on NYE so a whole year without seeing the mariners win

Roy Law

bradley said:
well i didnt get to see them win 1 single game this year :(

i didnt go to the gold coast game (the only game i havnt been to)

and i cant go on NYE so a whole year without seeing the mariners win

That is SO funny  :thumbup:

mariners4ever

best game to watch was the 4-0 against melbourne... best game to be at was the kawaski away game, brilliant atmosphere at what was probably the wettest game i've been to

marinermick

Brisbane away for personal reasons. End of season trip for the Ourimbah lads, not doing radio for the game, afternoon at the pub on Caxton Street, joining the Wyoming boys so you had fifty-odd overweight middle aged men chanting, Hutcho coming over after scoring beating the logo, limo ride back to the Gold Coast and hammering the rest of the night on Cavill Avenue.

ryan

For me being down at Etihad for the 4-0 demolition will be a treasured memory for years to come. As a runner up I would say 3-0 at home to Gold Coast - the frustration of Jason Culina warmed my heart that night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred