• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bernie to Belguim

Tassiemariner

Just popped up on the CCM facebook page, Bernie is off for a trial with Club Brugge.

3 players overseas on trial during the middle of the season, that has to be a record for any club surely?

Gratis

Faaaarkin January, give us a break already!

Good luck to Bernie though, I really do want best for all our players

Want the best for the club first though, it's about winning comps

Roy Law

Not sure of the club's thinking behind all this; if clubs are interested why don't they come to Australia and watch these players play and then make a bid for them? We seem to be bending over backwards to help the interested clubs and our players which seems odd. Is it deliberate philosophy to market our club to European clubs as a potential source of talent and therefore a source of income for CCM? Is the club being realistic by facing up to the fact that players will go and thus also setting itself up as a place for young Australian talent to come to as a move to Europe will be supported?
BTW will be amazed if Bernie - not a new Socceroo, not a guaranteed starter - cracks a contract offer from Club Bruges.

FFC Mariner

Not unusual for a player to have a clause in their contract guaranteeing a release for an overseas trial. Maybe that's the case?

To cover Maty we have Pasfield, for Tommy, we have seen either Wee Mac or Zlatan McBreen play there.

up front, Sterj, Kwas, Dukey can all come in and do a job.

The doomsday scenario is losing our keeper. Confident we will be ok if the other 2 don't play out the season.

Cheer up, we didn't get Jade North

BaysideMariner

Not unusual for a player to have a clause in their contract guaranteeing a release for an overseas trial. Maybe that's the case?

To cover Maty we have Pasfield, for Tommy, we have seen either Wee Mac or Zlatan McBreen play there.

up front, Sterj, Kwas, Dukey can all come in and do a job.

The doomsday scenario is losing our keeper. Confident we will be ok if the other 2 don't play out the season.

Cheer up, we didn't get Jade North

:thumbup:

Forum Phoenix

Honestly, even if we lose all three, I still think we'll be in pretty good shape. Duke, as mentioned, Caceres...and if we bring in Fitzgerald too.

As fans, we obviously have to accept this as part of our existence at CCMFC and look at the pros. Which do exist.

What we cannot do at any cost is become a club that blocks young players. We are building a reputation in Australia as the place to be for a young up and comers, and if this keeps up, we may end up with a good international rep as well.

While other teams have to release dead wood, we sit four points clear and have to endure trials of our players by big OS clubs. Life could be a lot worse.

Gratis

Gotta say I'm feeling pretty positive about the way things are going regardless of who leaves (until Arnie does). The team is showing more than ever that the team is bigger than any individual and keeps winning. Plus there's still potential players yet to get a chance who may prove as good or better

Even a year ago I'd have been concerned, and was re: Simo & Griff going. But now it feels like the club can take it in its stride and impress regardless. Besides its unlikely we'll lose all 3 at once.

Forum Phoenix

Yep, if these three go for good deals. Make some offers to top youth form around the country. We'd be pretty hard to say no to...

Mumbles

I seems like the Mariners are evolving into a true academy.
Possibly a more attractive option to the AIS for young elite players.

With a growing return on investment performance, the business model would be attractive to investors. IMHO

Mirallas

The news reached the fans of Club Brugge. Pretty hilarious reactions when they read his name for the first time.

Post a picture once tie is always nice to have a picture. Is youth international, seems to me a oppurtuniteitje if he goe enough!
Yet strange to suddenly a picture with a name to fit
icon_biggrin.gif

had totally different person in mind
So do I. I thought of a reddish dwarf with a clubfoot and a lazy eye.

Poor translation courtesy of Google Translate.

Gratis

Bernie's knocked in a couple of goals and played quite well in Brugge's youth team apparently

Gratis

Talk is news regarding Brugge's interest is expected within the next 24 hours and either way he'll be here to play adelaide

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred