• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Ben Williams Referee - about him?

john_kowolski

I've never heard of him.

Is he any good? What about with us?

I would have preferred Peter Green but it looks like he has the Prelim.

Anyone have any info?

Whats his record with us ??? ??? ???

S

striker

Yep- I have seen Ben Williams - he's not as good as Breeze

S

soccersensei

As long as he's not Breeze and Lowy's bastard lovechild I'm content (at least for now)
I mean how much worse than players being sent off, star players having their legs broken without due punishment and disallowed goals can it freaking get?

I thought he was pretty decent. Talked a lot to the players and was not dishing out cards left, right an center unlike Shields or Breeze.

Davo

I'm waiting to see the replay of the game before I comment too much on his refereeing.  However, he seemed to let the game flow and didn't make any 'game changing' decisions.  A couple of poor decisions on tackles which should have or shouldn't have been bookings but from the Jets perspective he didn't make any decisions to cost them the game.

FFC Mariner

When Danny got his card, he made 100% the right call. Yellow card & free kick. Interestingly, Breeze gave a red in the same situation

jaypee

Greenpoleffc said:
When Danny got his card, he made 100% the right call. Yellow card & free kick. Interestingly, Breeze gave a red in the same situation

Greenpole - I actually think it was incorrect - Sack boy dived... It was a yellow for Joel....

serious14

Greenpoleffc said:

Dude, come on......... there was daylight between Griffiths and Danny, clear as day on any angle in the coverage. It was the right call, just given to the wrong person.

Andy

Greenpoleffc said:

Except it should have been a YC for Griffiths and our free-kick. That diving, cheating Gypsy!

Deej

Greenpoleffc said:

Pleeeeeease - Danny never touched him, Griffiths just made it look good

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

When Danny got sent, the foul occurred more out the front of the box, this one occurred well out to the side.  Completely different location which is a key difference (although a lot of people don't think Danny should've been sent then).

Joel Griffiths is despicable, spineless, cheating, integrity-less, character-less, scum and an embarrassment to the human gene pool.  He needs to do society a favour and perform some experiments with forks and toasters.

However, that dive was called by the AR, not Williams.

I thought Williams was very inconsistent, and he let a lot of dangerous and deliberate fouls go.  There could've - should've - been a few more cards, and both teams could've/should've picked up a red or two.  He didn't make any match-changing decisions - but it's the players who present a match-changing situation, not the referee.  If a player goes down in the box, no matter what the referee decides, penalty or no penalty, it's a match changing decision.

However, he certainly didn't seem to get any critical decisions wrong (except for Sasho copping a shoulder in the back in the box and not getting a pen, and that dive which could've been very critical, but that wasn't entirely his fault), and his shitness did go both ways. :D  Heck, Jets probably benefitted slightly more.

thomas477

Vukovic just touched Griffo - but not going for ball
Griffo made a meal of it - ie dived
Vuko was sent off before because he hand balled it with brosque steaming down on him - kicking the ball away probally didnt help him either.

jaypee

thomas477 said:
Vukovic just touched Griffo - but not going for ball
Griffo made a meal of it - ie dived
Vuko was sent off before because he hand balled it with brosque steaming down on him - kicking the ball away probally didnt help him either.

Its old ground but in the Red card situation Brosque was more than 10 mtrs away and the ball skipped away from the goal. It was incorrect then as it was not a "Clear" Goal scorring opportunity - in fact the ball probably would have gone out....

FFC Mariner

Joel Griffiths is despicable, spineless, cheating, integrity-less, character-less, scum and an embarrassment to the human gene pool.  He needs to do society a favour and perform some experiments with forks and toasters

Post of the week so far. Top work!!

thomas477

jaypee said:
Its old ground but in the Red card situation Brosque was more than 10 mtrs away and the ball skipped away from the goal. It was incorrect then as it was not a "Clear" Goal scorring opportunity - in fact the ball probably would have gone out....

Yeah it is old but the fact danny was "seen" to have bent down at the last second to "hand ball" it really didnt look good - i say this as a keeper.

The ball probally was gonna go out

bikinigirl

. that incident in that game is only relevant in that it could have broken us

. but we all know it didn't ... still got the plate ... upcoming gf

. last night's game will do the opposite to what that game could have done

jaypee

As an ex state League keeper (with yellow and blue blood) I always thought it was a Yellow - more for the fact that it wasn't clear cut but also the ball skipped off the surface it was accidental, thus yellow. But hey it doesn't matter now

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred