• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bay 16 etiquette

ballantyne

Recently Bay 16 punters have yelled at me to put my flag down during breaks in play, and to sit down during play.
In my view you cannot be asked to sit down in Bay 16 and it's OK to block others' view with a flag if play is stopped. What do others think is the etiquette here?

Forum Phoenix

Sigh.

Yeah you hear that comment a lot over the years. Infamous for starting verbals and fights. I honestly think educating signage should be placed in bay 16 by the club for away games. Like Ticketek advises on active support areas.

Re flag waving. Yep, breaks in play, but you still have to be a bit judicious.

FFC Mariner

If the people objecting are the muppets who go to Bay 16 because they want to sit down behind the goals, ignoring them is probably ok.

Oh the whole, breaks in play would seem sensible, last thing anyone wants as we bear down on goal is a flag being waved.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Bay 16, standing should be expected. Sure, it's annoying when you want to sit down and others in front of you are standing, but prioritise. Do you want to be comfortable, or do you want to be in Bay 16?

IMO it's expected for the core supporters bay to largely be standing - and in that bay in particular a flag should be accepted if it's during a break in play. Heck, a flag everywhere should be alright if it's during a break in play....not all the time though.

priorpeter

Recently Bay 16 punters have yelled at me to put my flag down during breaks in play, and to sit down during play.
In my view you cannot be asked to sit down in Bay 16 and it's OK to block others' view with a flag if play is stopped. What do others think is the etiquette here?

Tell 'em to shove it.

dibo

If you're in Bay 16, stand and sing and wave your flag (preferably, as you noted, in breaks of play). If people near you don't like it, invite them to take one of the many vacant, comfortable seats *not* in bay 16 from which they can take in a better view of the game and not be annoyed by standing singing flag-waving supporters.

priorpeter

If you're in Bay 16, stand and sing and wave your flag (preferably, as you noted, in breaks of play). If people near you don't like it, invite them to take one of the many vacant, comfortable seats *not* in bay 16 from which they can take in a better view of the game and not be annoyed by standing singing flag-waving supporters.

I think that's exactly what I said, to the letter.

Pokes

Bay 16 is actually a ticketed area, not General Admission. I'm not sure why they would purchase tickets in that area if they wanted to actually see the game...it's the worst view point in the stadium!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

It was easier back in the Marinators days, when we'd all be up the back. Want to be behind the goals and sit? Go up the front. Want to stand and sing? Go up the back. Everybody wins!

Though I can't help but think that having a ticketed area probably encourages the idea that you're paying for a seat to sit in......

style_cafe

The simple solution is to get Mayor McKinna to erect a flagpole at the rear of bay 16.
Before each game all supporters should stand with their hand on their heart as the flag is raised to the strains of
"Mariner`s til I die".
That way the flag is flown all game (as it should be),but not in front of me...;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred