• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Balls in my mouth.

jpmariner

good got your attention.

just to let ya know there deffinately was channel 9 balls flying around that circus because i was the one who bit and popped 2 of them, perm helped out with the third.

i gave my veiws when i first got back after going along to a game, arakoon is my mate and he is repeating all of my sentiments. who on here believes we are a vital force in helping to get the boys across the line? because we are never going to do that job as long as its a "blue light disco" with heads up watching f**king red beach balls fly everywhere.

i can give you the quote befor you react........."why do you just sit in bay 17 then?"........i tell you why because i gringe when i hear the majority of those chants start and with so many young people who dont seem to be football fanatics filling a good portion of those seats its a f**king long road to recovery......yes i am only high lighting problems and not giving solutions but to be honest its because i dont see any

sorry for the negativity but its how i see it. there is no way i would ever call for violence or any of that junk in our game as too many people have worked to hard to stamp it out and its a majour appeal to 'our' league but, f**k me do we need to show some sort of heart. arakoon is completely right when he says we need to scare the opposition away from our end, the fact the scum have no hesitation in taking a pen at our end should make everyones blood on here f**king boil!

i know there are boundries we can not cross with over sealous(spelling) security but a new crew of guys in a new spot that are not afraid to make sure ppl move on if they dont act accordingly im sure would make a difference. maybe with the bay being somewhere for the families to support we could make a real go of it. also dont think that im that stupid to think im going to get a heap of support on here because i realise its the bays forum but ppl have to have a bit of a look around and see who they are standing next to in that bay i reckon.

your never going to get the results most of the topics on here about chants and singing ask for simply because the majority of people in that crowd dont know enough about a FOOTBALL crowd.
hard football enthusist, singing hard songs in THEIR bay, sounds good.
maybe ill be the diy guy.

Alicia

sorry jpmariner, i had to edit your post.  your lack of spaces was hurting my eyes and i couldn't read what you'd written.

Azza-Mataz

jpmariner said:
i gringe when i hear the majority of those chants start and with so many young people who dont seem to be football fanatics filling a good portion of those seats

i understand your gripe, but there are guys who stand in bay 16 (yours truly) week in and week out, who hate the scummers as much as the next guy!!!

jpmariner

Azza-Matazz said:
jpmariner said:
i gringe when i hear the majority of those chants start and with so many young people who dont seem to be football fanatics filling a good portion of those seats

i understand your gripe, but there are guys who stand in bay 16 (yours truly) week in and week out, who hate the scummers as much as the next guy!!!

and those are the guys i hope hate the flat capped kids as much as me and will want to make a stand in a new spot.........lets inject some venom in our support!

Azza-Mataz

jpmariner said:
Azza-Matazz said:
jpmariner said:

and those are the guys i hope hate the flat capped kids as much as me and will want to make a stand in a new spot.........lets inject some venom in our support!

where do you propose??? and will the "un-fanatics follow?

jpmariner

anywhere in bays 19-22.

will who follow?......if you mean ppl that just want to go there because its "cool" and dont actually realise the job at hand? then they will  be ridiculed and taunted untill they leave on their own acord. like i said with somewhere like bay 16 for ppl to join in on the easy chants atleast they have somewhere to go, im not a bastard, but if someone starts a mariners 3 clap chant in this spot they will be told its not on the first time then asked to leave without a smile the next.

Azza-Mataz

jpmariner said:
anywhere in bays 19-22.

will who follow?......if you mean ppl that just want to go there because its "cool" and dont actually realise the job at hand? then they will  be ridiculed and taunted untill they leave on their own acord. like i said with somewhere like bay 16 for ppl to join in on the easy chants atleast they have somewhere to go, im not a bastard, but if someone starts a mariners 3 clap chant in this spot they will be told its not on the first time then asked to leave without a smile the next.

we should be doin exactly that in bay 16!

Part_Timer

well said u dont like mainers clap start a differant chant you had plenty of opertunity on sat nite we were dead quite alot of the game...you will get worse feedback elsewhere in stadia...if you are a football fan join the middle of the bay where we are tryin new chants and so forth and have much the same opinion of mariners clap

Azza-Mataz

Part_Timer said:
well said u dont like mainers clap start a differant chant you had plenty of opertunity on sat nite we were dead quite alot of the game...you will get worse feedback elsewhere in stadia...if you are a football fan join the middle of the bay where we are tryin new chants and so forth and have much the same opinion of mariners clap

i do stand in the middle of 16! im not very creative when it comes to creating new songs (like a few people) but im willing to learn any and sing as loud as i can! Start by kicking the ppl who sit down the front out, or at least tell  them to stand and sing, or move over to bay 15 or 17!

Alicia

jpmariner said:
anywhere in bays 19-22.

what are you going to do? continuously move around the stadium?

imo, it's best to stay in bay 16 and keep working on it

jpmariner

Part_Timer said:

i know thats the opion of the boys in the middle, i do have a few friends in there and even stood in the middle for every home game of the first season, im sure some would know my face.
however like i said i just feel its a loosing battle in there now but, it could be a good oppurtinty to leave some behind.
i know im not the only one to not return to the bay over the last few years.
thanks for the invite but i need a card to get in there. well most games i do have one........
row s, seat 6 will forever be empty.

Jorome Alexander Bennett

jpmariner said:
Part_Timer said:

i know thats the opion of the boys in the middle, i do have a few friends in there and even stood in the middle for every home game of the first season, im sure some would know my face.
however like i said i just feel its a loosing battle in there now but, it could be a good oppurtinty to leave some behind.
i know im not the only one to not return to the bay over the last few years.
thanks for the invite but i need a card to get in there. well most games i do have one........
row s, seat 6 will forever be empty.

I know your face. You look like a seventies cop. Cool!

I would like to move for roof and view. But don't agree with the logic that we should kick out the noobs. They are infuriatingly annoying. Drink, chat, do everything but take interest in the game. But we kick them out and there is no one to take their place. The Central Coast doesn't have the population. There are not enough football fans out there.

I think we need to perservere and convert as many people as we can.

As untraditionally football Mariners clap is, it gets the best response and would thus give the biggest boost to the players.
I think we need to be humble and accept the fact that we have lame supporters and will not be anything like Wembley on FA cup day for a very long time.

I think there aren't many who will disagree with your points. Gosh, there are some very lame people in the bay. But how we deal with this going forward is a topic that will have many differing opinions. I'm glad you've brought it up so vehemently.

How do we improve?

I think perserverance, patience and conversion is the way.

Telling people to piss off, will just ruin people's Mariners experience and will hurt the club. If lame support is the majority, then we have to accept that. We can't force our minority view on others.

Bear

Was the Kop built overnight?

Peoples expectations are way over the top IMO

Moving will solve nothing. Sure, for a while, you will have a few people follow, a few people who will join in. But what happens when some of them decide to leave? Will your numbers swell with people who just want to be hard ass, and sing hard ass football songs? Its the Central Coast dude, im thinking your going to get quite lonely over in your new bay.

Stay, sing, get involved, have a go. The more people like you who move, the longer it will take to build something for the future.

loyalist

Mods plz ban for the misleading title.
Tomfoolery like that should not be accepted on this forum.

FFC Mariner

The SCC all left SFS prior to the game on Sunday following a clamp down by security.

finding another part of the ground to stand/sing in is fine TBH, we need to be able ot cater for all sorts but just be mindfull of how much "venom" you want to inject

MrCelery

Jorome Alexander Bennett said:
I know your face. You look like a seventies cop. Cool!

I would like to move for roof and view. But don't agree with the logic that we should kick out the noobs. They are infuriatingly annoying. Drink, chat, do everything but take interest in the game. But we kick them out and there is no one to take their place. The Central Coast doesn't have the population. There are not enough football fans out there.

I think we need to perservere and convert as many people as we can.

As untraditionally football Mariners clap is, it gets the best response and would thus give the biggest boost to the players.
I think we need to be humble and accept the fact that we have lame supporters and will not be anything like Wembley on FA cup day for a very long time.

I think there aren't many who will disagree with your points. Gosh, there are some very lame people in the bay. But how we deal with this going forward is a topic that will have many differing opinions. I'm glad you've brought it up so vehemently.

How do we improve?

I think perserverance, patience and conversion is the way.

Telling people to piss off, will just ruin people's Mariners experience and will hurt the club. If lame support is the majority, then we have to accept that. We can't force our minority view on others.

:goodpost: :postcount:

fedelta

FFC Mariner said:
The SCC all left SFS prior to the game on Sunday following a clamp down by security.

finding another part of the ground to stand/sing in is fine TBH, we need to be able ot cater for all sorts but just be mindfull of how much "venom" you want to inject

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=8gTG4eJRLi8

Marquee

Does anyone else think the the reserved seating plan may have any impact on this?

Last game, a few mates and myself stood in bay 16 like usual (we dont have bay 16 reserved seating) only to be moved by some late comers who wanted their seats. We then moved to the row in front as there we some spare seats. Admittedly it was a little cramped with the ppl around us but that's all part of the fun. At some part in the game, the bloke next to me starts having a go at me about how we shouldn't be standing there as they weren't our seats. I turned to him and said "Mate, I thought the marinators were always trying to get more ppl into the bay, and you want us to leave?" He gave me a piss weak reply and that was the end of it. Funny enough, while my mates and I joined in with the singing most of the game, he stood there barely singing or being what you might call an "active supporter".

I know that is just one scenario, but I think could be part of the problem.
Ppl standing in bay 16 thinking, "As long as im here and have my reserved seat, im supporting the mariners and i dont have to sing because of it" and that ppl who don't join in are taking the place of 'active supporters' who might have got the shits with this attitude and pissed off.

I really hope the reserved seating plan in bay 16 is removed next season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred