• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bali United @ Home

Tevor

At 6-2 I’m ok with him not getting a needless yellow. That’s one of those ones that would definitely come back to bite us later in the tournament. We are shaky enough with depth at the back.

In a close game, 100% he puts him into the tenth row.
Agree, he didn't need to as the game was already won. After the Cows result I feel pretty good about our 6 - 3 score line.

Tevor

Is it just me or has MJ given the likes of Faz and Niz a more attacking role. Faz particularly the last few games has made plenty of good runs into the box and it paid off massively with two very good goals. Niz also playing a bit higher which I love to see as I feel teams forget to mark him as probably perceived of less threat going forward, so unlucky with his double post shot and I bet the wind kept it from going over the line.

Was also good to see MJ give the subs plenty of minutes, enjoyed seeing them out there having a crack and shame one of them didn't snag a goal. Found the last 5 minutes of injury time interesting that we just kept the ball and didn't attack at all, assume it was an MJ directive. Made for a pretty low key finish to the match.

midfielder

Was good to see Di Pizio play. In the few small things he did he looked 50x better than Wilson. I’m sure I’m not the only one who saw that.
He has to be ahead of that numpty in the pecking order now.
Hard to make a judgement based on 15 to 20 minutes.... however he seems a class above, he was quick, fast feet, seem to know where to go.... he impressed me a lot....

Wombat

I actually thought Paull had his best game so far apart from the 3rd goal but no where near Traintis level.

Thought Hall had a good game.

Great to see Theo score.

Farrell was poor defensively but so good offensively.

Niz was brilliant as usual. Balard was a bit wasteful with his passing but got better as the game went on.

Di Pizio looks the goods.

Torres is going to be great for us.

Tulio was decent.

Ironbark

Everything has been said for me already - but want to reiterate...

Our attack will click and we will be a scoring side.

Our defence is a serious concern and I think made worse by our high press gameplan. Professional teams will work us out and punish us. I don't think we have the cattle for this style of play.

Finally, MJ surely has a plan and I'll still wait and see. I strongly expect further recruitment/movement in January. It'll more than likely be necessary.

Huddo

I actually thought Paull had his best game so far apart from the 3rd goal but no where near Traintis level.

Thought Hall had a good game.

Great to see Theo score.

Farrell was poor defensively but so good offensively.

Niz was brilliant as usual. Balard was a bit wasteful with his passing but got better as the game went on.

Di Pizio looks the goods.

Torres is going to be great for us.

Tulio was decent.

Don't like assigning sole blame for goals, but Paull was at fault for both 2 and 3, got a foot on the ball both times but didn't break down the attack on either occassion.

Ironbark

On players - it was a good opportunity for returning from injury players and bench players to get some minutes in. I expect to see more of DiPizio. First time I think I've seen Theo play 60mins.

I'm getting a Faz shirt and getting him to sign it. Long term I'm certain we'll be seeing him as a CCM legend.

I'd love to see Roux at RB, Doka in front of him, a rotating front. I'd sacrifice Wilson for Roux and shuffle/rotate the rest of the front players.

Meerkat

He was right below where we were sitting so we got a good look at Di Pizio. Looked like he was carefully playing within himself but there was one glorious little bit of skill where he turned very elegantly with about five superfast touches to keep the ball away from two tacklers. Pure class, and I turned to my mate and said: "We won't be keeping him long."
I’m not going to lie. I read this post this morning and I honestly thought it said he was carefully playing with himself .. ??

Big Al

At 6-2 I’m ok with him not getting a needless yellow. That’s one of those ones that would definitely come back to bite us later in the tournament. We are shaky enough with depth at the back.

In a close game, 100% he puts him into the tenth row.
I get your logic but i think it’s lazy and creates bad habits.

He was way to soft.

It’s easier and better to be like Faz at 100 all the time then to try turn it on and off. When you go to flick the switch sometimes you are capable because you have trained yourself not to be

Stuartmcateer

I get your logic but i think it’s lazy and creates bad habits.

He was way to soft.

It’s easier and better to be like Faz at 100 all the time then to try turn it on and off. When you go to flick the switch sometimes you are capable because you have trained yourself not to be
And that’s exactly why faz is in the stands on Sunday. 2 stupid tackles because he couldn’t turn it on and off.

Big Al

And that’s exactly why faz is in the stands on Sunday. 2 stupid tackles because he couldn’t turn it on and off.
Yeah first time Faz has got two yellows (probably lucky not to have more)

Paull has just as many lazy errors that have lead directly to goals already

I just don’t like players switching off but it’s pretty natural when winning like that.

I like the kid, he has some great qualities just needs polishing

Tevor

Did you not see the u/23 tournament?

Same thing. Sent off for stupid tackles that didn’t need making.

The best defenders pick their moments. Picking up a needless yellow (or worse the ref doesn’t think hall is covering) in the 83rd minute of a blow out would be dumb.
Yeah I watched that tournament and was frustrated with Faz in that game and feel the same way about what he did last week. Such a great player with a big future so he needs to get that out of his game. I felt he played out of his skin against Bali as a result of his brain fart.

Big Al

Did you not see the u/23 tournament?

Same thing. Sent off for stupid tackles that didn’t need making.

The best defenders pick their moments. Picking up a needless yellow (or worse the ref doesn’t think hall is covering) in the 83rd minute of a blow out would be dumb.
Yeah sure did. Was talking Mariners but i hate Faz sliding tackles in unnecessary areas just prefer the effort
Monty seemed happy with it. I think it needs to be coaches out of him in those areas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred