• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bagging the team

Is it ok to bag the team?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

dibo

This season isn't the first time we've had the issue, but it has been noticeable that the active support (or elements of it) are very keen to bag the team or bag individual players or the coach during games.

There's an argument to say that that is any individual's right - they paid their money, they can say what they like.

There's a counterargument that says it's counterproductive - it won't achieve a better result other than letting off some steam. Where do you stand?

Capt. Awesome

Say what you like after the game and vent on social media but bagging individual players during the game only makes said player play worse. It's pretty basic psychology. Keep putting someone down and they will start to believe it. Encouragement or active support helps players achieve their best on the field. When an active support group stops encouraging they cease being active 'support' and are just a group of people making things worse.

sydmariner

No it's NEVER ok to say it to their (the players) faces cos i'm sure that they're all trying their best so that's the last thing that they need, ffs have they really been that bad. We, as fans need to support no matter how good or bad they are otherwise what's the point of supporting the team. :popcorn:

Last edited:

VicMariner

Support our boys through thick and thin.

They don't want to lose. They go away to nine other teams who give it to them, it's a damn shame if they cop it at home too.

nebakke

It's f****** ridiculous. By all means, we should be able to have the discussion here for example, but what's the point of giving it to them at the game? You think you're frustrated and disappointed?
Try training hard every day, working your arse off in the lead-up to a game, then getting yelled at by morons for 90 minutes only to lose by 4!
Save it for post-game...

Last edited:

MagpieMariner

Do we really think the guys aren't aware that they're playing badly? Or maybe not playing badly but still getting owned by guys playing better? They don't need us to tell them. Keep your bagging for places like this, not while the game's on. At the game give them all the encouragement you can, do your spewing in the car on the way home. Let's face it, if we could do better we'd be playing.

nearlyyellow

Trouble is, probably 100% of this forum's posters would never bag the team at the ground, and the words we are all saying above will not be reaching the right ears.

dibo

Trouble is, probably 100% of this forum's posters would never bag the team at the ground, and the words we are all saying above will not be reaching the right ears.

I would bet all the money in your pockets that that's not true. They know who they are, too.

nebakke

I might be alone here, but I thought it was perfectly reasonable when Mossy pulled Caceres off on Saturday, he was getting frustrated and losing his cool, lucky not to get a yellow for kicking the ball away and so, he was inefficient. Yet, bloke sitting a bit away from me, started abusing Moss for not pulling Hutch in stead... Even better when he complained about Zac not coming off, in spite of us not having a CB on the bench.
Often the "tactical" preferences of the crowd, are driven more by their feelings about individual players than the actual game being played. So it's better to just cheer on the team and do our part...

justafan

I might be alone here, but I thought it was perfectly reasonable when Mossy pulled Caceres off on Saturday, he was getting frustrated and losing his cool, lucky not to get a yellow for kicking the ball away and so, he was inefficient. Yet, bloke sitting a bit away from me, started abusing Moss for not pulling Hutch in stead... Even better when he complained about Zac not coming off, in spite of us not having a CB on the bench.
Often the "tactical" preferences of the crowd, are driven more by their feelings about individual players than the actual game being played. So it's better to just cheer on the team and do our part...

Agree with the bloke sitting a bit away from you.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I have to say, it hurts me when the team, our team, get booed off the pitch....but I wasn't best pleased with them on Saturday, and could see why they were getting it from the crowd....but, bagging them to their face is unnaceptable...it's not like they don't give a f**k or something

nearlyyellow

I have to say, it hurts me when the team, our team, get booed off the pitch
You know, there were boos at the half on the Eastern side, but I'm absolutely sure that the boos were *not* for our team or it's players. I'm sure that the boos were a denigration of the scoreline favouring Arnies poor little team of millionaire battlers. Surely? I'm ever the optimist and ever for supporting the team, good or bad performances. :shoutclap:

go you yellow

Im with most of the thoughts of the forum so far. I never boo a bad performance , although I find myself on occasion giving some hot tips on who to substitute however.

As far as bagging the club goes - I did see Ando head straight up the tunnel post game, I assume it was due to not being happy with his own performance, but I expect Hutch and Mossy to have dragged him back to go and thank the fans - to me this is not acceptable

Big Al

The boo is a very underrated form of fan disenchantment IMO.
I'd rather the loyal supporters who pay there hard earnt money boo the whole team to show displeasure than single out individual players for over the top critisim (not saying you can't get the shits at an individual play but to keep critising with harsh personal comments start to go beyond the game).
Booing shows displeasure which is allowed but keeps it confined to the whole team and the performance.
Fans don't boo loosing we boo bad performance that we as fans are not happy to stand with pride behind.
It also means when things turn around we can all celebrate together.

My example would be the Bosnar episode of things turning sour

Bladesman

There is one form of feedback that players and management can't ignore and makes sure it hits the mark and that is at the game, wether it is booing, cheering or something else.

Doesn't matter where else fans choose to express themselves elsewhere it can be easily missed or ignored, feedback at the game can't.

The fact that the team were booed off should shows how big the current issue is and should not be under estimated. I think it was actually aimed at the club and Charlesworth in particular. He challenged the fans and they responded but he and the team hasn't, in fact they turned in one of the worse performances ever and the fans expressed their opinion.

localpom

I could never bag my team as long as they are giving 100%. We just weren't good enough, the players know that and so does the coaching staff. It's how the team responds that's more important to me. Saying that it was pretty tough staying to the bitter end...i could have walked quite easily after the 4th goal. Or maybe the 3rd. You just knew it was going to be a bad night.
Screaming and swearing at individual players or the coach is a low act IMO and i would probably tell anyone near me to pull their head in. A collective boo at the end isn't something i would do but is probably acceptable after a performance like that. Hopefully we won't hear that again at home this season. :)

Wombat

One friend couldn't be persuaded to stay to the end. Once bling scored 5 he was out of there.
The rest of us stayed till the end but we were in a minority and people were streaming out early.

scottmac

Suspended
Fans can express their displeasure if they so wish. Why not. It's most definitley done in other parts of the world so why not our little stadium.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred