• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australian Squad for Holland Match

midfielder

Against Doctors (Re Typing Using Computers )... but love this squad

http://www.theworldgame.com.au/socceroos/emerton-back-for-socceroos-240692

SOCCEROOS SQUAD:
Mark Bresciano (Palermo),
Tim Cahill (Everton),
Nick Carle (Crystal Palace)
, David Carney (Twente),
Scott Chipperfield (Basel),
Ante Covic (Elfsborg),
Jason Culina (Gold Coast),
Brett Emerton (Blackburn),
Vincenzo Grella (Blackburn)
, Brett Holman (AZ Alkmaar),
Mile Jedinak (Antalyaspor),
Josh Kennedy (Nagoya Grampus),
Harry Kewell (Galatasaray),
Patrick Kisnorbo (Leeds Utd),
Shane Lowry (Plymouth),
Scott McDonald (Celtic),
Mark Milligan (Shanghai),
Craig Moore (Brisbane),
Lucas Neill (Everton),
Mark Schwarzer (Fulham),
Carl Valeri (Grosseto),
Dario Vidosic (Nurnberg),
Rhys Williams (Middlesbrough),
Luke Wilkshire (Dynamo Moscow)

Socceroos marathon man Brett Emerton has won the race to be picked for Australia's forthcoming matches against the Netherlands and Oman.

Emerton has not played a full game since damaging his knee while playing for Blackburn in the Premier League last January.

But after breaking back into the Rovers' first team the last month, Emerton has reached his stated target of being selected for the Netherlands match in his home town.

He will form part of a 24-man squad by Socceroos coach Pim Verbeek for the friendly match against the Dutch in Sydney on October 10 and the Asian Cup must-win qualifier against the Omanis in Melbourne on October 14.

"Emmo is back after a long time away," Verbeek said.

"For us it is great to have him back after what he's been through.

"I was with him a few weeks ago in Blackburn and he's looking very, very fit and ready to go.

"He is so fit that he could play two games in a row. In fact I'm sure he would like to play two games in a row."

Another player selected who has had very little game time since June is captain Lucas Neill, who resolved his transfer saga by signing for Everton last month.

Verbeek said he never doubted that the 2006 World Cup star would find a club to his liking and he had no qualms about starting him against the Dutch and Oman.

"Lucas is fit enough to play and he will play," he said. "He's been playing in the reserves and picking up his match fitness so for us it is good to have him back.

"I was never worried about him not having a club at the start of the season because I know that a player of his quality would always find a club."

Verbeek said that Socceroos fans had every right to look forward to the Netherlands game but they should not lose sight of the fact that the more important game in the forthcoming 'Octoberfest of football' is the one against Oman.

The Omanis nearly pulled off a shock win over Australia in the 2007 Asian Cup before Tim Cahill saved the Socceroos' blushes with a last-gasp goal for a 1-1 draw in Bangkok.

"Holland are bringing a top-class side and it will be a good test for us but it will be only a test. Oman will be the real challenge for us," Verbeek said.

"They are very well prepared by an experienced coach (Claude Le Roy) who knows what to do to get results. They are physically and technically strong and there is no doubt in my mind that it will be a tough game.

"But we have to win that game because we need the points to qualify for the finals in 2011."
Verbeek also picked Perth-born Shane Lowry, the Aston Villa defender loaned to Plymouth Argyle, who has declared his allegiance to Australia after playing under-21 internationals with Republic of Ireland

Sym

sweet worlds fittest man is back
start Holman
his goal assist in the champs league
class

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
goingtoadisco said:
Would have liked to see some A-League players, but meh.

Not when it comes to playing The Orange .....

Looking forward to seeing Emmo back in the green and gold. Hope he gets a run. He has been missed.

coast

Macca to break the drought, you heard it first! hahaha

Anyone know how Jedi has been going at his new club?

Paolo

Have two members tickets to the game which i do not need as i have Home end tickets, pm if you want them

Jerem

A league players vs the oranje = disasterous
glad to see emmers back in, holman is still there?
id like to see nikita and this vidosic kid get a run. cant
WAIT!!!

Jesus

Jesus
Jerome said:
WAIT!!!

so nikita and vidosic, both former a-leaguers, nikita less than a year ago you would like to see in, but moore, culina, sterj, coyne, burns, simon(who easily outscored ruka) etc you would not put in a team?

Jesus

Jesus
Not often you only see 2 keepers unless i am blind?

I presume that is suggesting the 3rd choice would be from the a-league, which would have to be danny?, or in the U/20 WC squad, and hence were not named

happy

midfielder said:
Against Doctors (Re Typing Using Computers )... but love this squad

http://www.theworldgame.com.au/socceroos/emerton-back-for-socceroos-240692

SOCCEROOS SQUAD:
Mark Bresciano (Palermo),
Tim Cahill (Everton),
Nick Carle (Crystal Palace)
, David Carney (Twente),
Scott Chipperfield (Basel),
Ante Covic (Elfsborg),
Jason Culina (Gold Coast),
Brett Emerton (Blackburn),
Vincenzo Grella (Blackburn)
, Brett Holman (AZ Alkmaar),
Mile Jedinak (Antalyaspor),
Josh Kennedy (Nagoya Grampus),
Harry Kewell (Galatasaray),
Patrick Kisnorbo (Leeds Utd),
Shane Lowry (Plymouth),
Scott McDonald (Celtic),
Mark Milligan (Shanghai),
Craig Moore (Brisbane),
Lucas Neill (Everton),
Mark Schwarzer (Fulham),
Carl Valeri (Grosseto),
Dario Vidosic (Nurnberg),
Rhys Williams (Middlesbrough),
Luke Wilkshire (Dynamo Moscow)

what about Spiranovic? Our papers wrote that he is nominated for the 2 upcoming matches too...

Jerem

Jesus said:
Jerome said:
WAIT!!!

so nikita and vidosic, both former a-leaguers, nikita less than a year ago you would like to see in, but moore, culina, sterj, coyne, burns, simon(who easily outscored ruka) etc you would not put in a team?

can only remember korean match recently, then put the Netherlands in their place. thats my logic, moore In culina In, no issue there, i personally just like nikita's style, very similar to simon, if anything a wee bit quicker.

i personally dont undser stand sterj's omission, the others you have mentioned i havent seen much of so no comment

Jerem

Bear said:
turns out he is poo, and rhys williams is better
opinions on his brother by name, david?
from what ive seen he is surely atleast a future option. . .

Forum Phoenix

Sterj is ommitted because, he has not been showing himself to be deserving right now. Have not seen a single distinguishing performance in 8 starts.

No queries with that squad, apart from possibly Nikita because we are still short on strikers. Though I guess if you only play one upfront... we still have one spare... sigh...

Arabmariner

I know it's Holland but this game actually means f**k all.

The important one's Oman the following Wednesday.Fail to win that and we're probably f**ked for the next Asian cup.

Jerem

true, but concensus seems to be that this is more of a litmus test for us For WC10,
if someone could tell me the crucial nature of the asian cup that would be tops, i dont quite under stand the set up?

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
Do any yellow or red cards issued in the Netherlands match follow on the Oman game?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred