• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australian Football Stuff - not worthy of a thread

booney

Knowing the media this will barely rate a mention.If it was the Wallabies or Kangaroos would be extensive coverage.Even the AFL team who play the Gaelic footballers ( I think the AFL boys are called the Galahs haha) will get lots of attention when it comes up to the twenty five year mark let alone one hundred years

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Knowing the media this will barely rate a mention.If it was the Wallabies or Kangaroos would be extensive coverage.Even the AFL team who play the Gaelic footballers ( I think the AFL boys are called the Galahs haha) will get lots of attention when it comes up to the twenty five year mark let alone one hundred years
The Irish v Australia all rules hasn’t been played since 2017, this year might be on …it’s not a bad watch to be fair …RIGHTO back to football then ??

Big Al

I thought AU were excellent tonight. City press is top class and they handled really well. There midfielders and backs were composed and weren’t rushed to many times.

Was an excellent tactical game that got a little spicy as City didn’t get things there way.

City still had the better chances

I am not sure our mids would have been able to handle City press.

crock

I thought AU were excellent tonight. City press is top class and they handled really well. There midfielders and backs were composed and weren’t rushed to many times.

Was an excellent tactical game that got a little spicy as City didn’t get things there way.

City still had the better chances

I am not sure our mids would have been able to handle City press.
tbh im not a big fan of two legged should have just been a single knockout game

Tevor

Tend to agree, neither game has been a great spectacle. A draw is like a win for City I feel and you get the feeling the Reds felt the same way. Will be interesting to see what the second leg games are like. Should be better as all teams are still well alive although I don’t see WU having the ability or attack to put multiple goals past Victory.

turbo

FFS not 1 CCM player made the all stars team yet Penha did.
I can understand why the jets players did but who is voting for WU players, why is Rhyan Grant in with all the hate he's copped for being off the pace and why are Trarore and Davidson both in the first 13 considering they play the same position?

FFC Mariner

I can understand why the jets players did but who is voting for WU players, why is Rhyan Grant in with all the hate he's copped for being off the pace and why are Trarore and Davidson both in the first 13 considering they play the same position?
It's simply that there are more Sydney and Vuck fans

I'm happy. Who wants to see our guys injured in a meaningless game?

Rising Sun

The team that takes the field will look different to this anyway. Aside from players that are in the GF, I would have thought that Arnie wouldn't want to risk any of the players in his squad

Big Al

Especially as it’s 7pm on Tues/Wednesday

I don’t want anyone suspended for the GF for yellows in the two legs (not sure if they doing it) as the niggle and fight is something you want.

Excellent tactical game and am looking forward to the 2nd legs

Rising Sun

Especially as it’s 7pm on Tues/Wednesday

I don’t want anyone suspended for the GF for yellows in the two legs (not sure if they doing it) as the niggle and fight is something you want.

Excellent tactical game and am looking forward to the 2nd legs
You need to pick up 3 yellows in the final series to cop a ban, so by definition only the teams coming through the elimination finals can lose a player to yellow card suspension for the GF.

For WU and AU, I think the only player going in to the 2nd legs with 2 cards already and at risk of missing the GF with a 3rd is Conor Pain

Tevor

You need to pick up 3 yellows in the final series to cop a ban, so by definition only the teams coming through the elimination finals can lose a player to yellow card suspension for the GF.

For WU and AU, I think the only player going in to the 2nd legs with 2 cards already and at risk of missing the GF with a 3rd is Conor Pain
When I heard that rule I was amazed how City and Victory have no concerns. Just another unfair advantage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami